Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:32:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 314260 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2550 on: August 11, 2018, 06:26:02 PM »

It does seem kind of weird for voters to take issue with her debt but not Trump's, who not only proudly declared himself the King Of Debt, but also arguably has more outstanding debt than revenue. It's actually even more ridiculous than that if you consider all the other business/finance-related scummy stuff Trump was involved in, which is too numerous for a short post to detail.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2551 on: August 11, 2018, 06:44:56 PM »

Weird story:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #2552 on: August 12, 2018, 02:49:26 PM »

The Deals were in a pretty bad financial spot when he won in 2010 (granted that was still during the recession) and he won. The state’s in a good financial place under his leadership so I don’t see why Abrams being in a bad financial spot should be a big dealbreaker. They’re even similar situations.  The Deals were helping their daughter and SIL, Abrams helping her parents and brother. Kemp doesn’t have the best personal financial history either. I think it’s a bad line of attack. People understand others helping their family members with money.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2553 on: August 12, 2018, 04:25:43 PM »

The Deals were in a pretty bad financial spot when he won in 2010 (granted that was still during the recession) and he won. The state’s in a good financial place under his leadership so I don’t see why Abrams being in a bad financial spot should be a big dealbreaker. They’re even similar situations.  The Deals were helping their daughter and SIL, Abrams helping her parents and brother. Kemp doesn’t have the best personal financial history either. I think it’s a bad line of attack. People understand others helping their family members with money.
Because she's black and blacks are bad with money.[/sarcasm]

If anyone can handle these baseless, lazy attacks it's Stacey, so I'm not too worried about it.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2554 on: August 12, 2018, 05:31:01 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2018, 06:35:09 PM by dotard »

Because she's black and blacks are bad with money.[/sarcasm]

If anyone can handle these baseless, lazy attacks it's Stacey, so I'm not too worried about it.

I liked her rebuttal ad. Simple and to the point without getting into name calling
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2555 on: August 12, 2018, 07:32:02 PM »

It does seem kind of weird for voters to take issue with her debt but not Trump's, who not only proudly declared himself the King Of Debt, but also arguably has more outstanding debt than revenue. It's actually even more ridiculous than that if you consider all the other business/finance-related scummy stuff Trump was involved in, which is too numerous for a short post to detail.

Trump seems to have a superpower of getting away with double standards like this. It's maddening.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2556 on: August 12, 2018, 08:59:21 PM »

Trump seems to have a superpower of getting away with double standards like this. It's maddening.

It's Republicans in general, not just Trump. As others said, Deal had financial difficulties as well. And didn't he resign from the House because he was under ethics investigation? Imagine how badly the media would tar and feather a Democrat who did this then ran for statewide office afterward.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2557 on: August 13, 2018, 02:18:10 PM »

Another PAC will be down here in Georgia for Ms. Abrams Cheesy

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2558 on: August 13, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »

Alright, I understand Ben Jealous, I understand Richard Cordray, I understand Stacey Abrams, but what the hell is Tim Kaine doing on that list? He doesnt need the money.

Also, its good to see that Jealous will be getting some financial support, I was afraid everyone would leave a winnable race dry of funding.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2559 on: August 13, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »

Alright, I understand Ben Jealous, I understand Richard Cordray, I understand Stacey Abrams, but what the hell is Tim Kaine doing on that list? He doesnt need the money.

Also, its good to see that Jealous will be getting some financial support, I was afraid everyone would leave a winnable race dry of funding.

It’s an endorsement list. Doubt he gets more than some symbolic peanuts thrown his way
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2560 on: August 13, 2018, 02:30:53 PM »

^ Yeah, this is in the article:

He’ll probably get some mailers during the last weeks of the election. Paid canvassers, television ads, and phonebankers will almost certainly be dispatched to the other three.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2561 on: August 13, 2018, 02:50:02 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2018, 02:55:04 PM by Zaybay »

He’ll probably get some mailers during the last weeks of the election. Paid canvassers, television ads, and phonebankers will almost certainly be dispatched to the other three.
One of the other 3 is Tim Kaine, I doubt hes getting help. So its more like two candidates, Jealous, and the guy who shouldnt even be on the list.So, if the group raises 5 million, then its likely that 1 million will be dispatched to Jealous, around 1/5, which is an incredible help, considering his problem is name rec and getting his base out to vote.

Its not like the race is solid R.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2562 on: August 13, 2018, 03:18:19 PM »

One of the other 3 is Tim Kaine, I doubt hes getting help. So its more like two candidates, Jealous, and the guy who shouldnt even be on the list.So, if the group raises 5 million, then its likely that 1 million will be dispatched to Jealous, around 1/5, which is an incredible help, considering his problem is name rec and getting his base out to vote.

I was talking about Tim Kaine in my post not Jealous.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2563 on: August 13, 2018, 03:24:21 PM »

I was talking about Tim Kaine in my post not Jealous.
Oh, whoops, sorry about that. Anyway, I feel this could really help these races, and could be pivotal, especially since they specifically target AAs.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2564 on: August 13, 2018, 05:21:55 PM »

Jimmy Carter endorses Stacey Abrams
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #2565 on: August 13, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »

Is Carter still well liked in Georgia?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2566 on: August 13, 2018, 06:09:33 PM »

I believe so.  During the 2014 campaign there was a poll that showed his favorability in the state somewhere in the 60's, I think.
ajwiopjawefoiwefnwn
JaydonBrooks
Rookie
United States
« Reply #2567 on: August 14, 2018, 07:08:58 PM »

I believe so.  During the 2014 campaign there was a poll that showed his favorability in the state somewhere in the 60's, I think.
But how many Republicans/Independents would be swayed by his endorsement? Enought for her to win?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2568 on: August 15, 2018, 02:04:05 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/politics/georgia-brian-kemp-voter-data/index.html

Lol
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2569 on: August 15, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »

Abrams should be hammering Kemp with this.

Meanwhile, on the paper ballot front: https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/georgia-election-officials-warn-chaos-judge-orders-paper-ballots/JAmo0aW5C3HE21PIywP7RK/.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2570 on: August 15, 2018, 04:23:38 PM »

Bunch of new organizers joined the team today. At this point in the campaign four years ago, the field organizing staff was 70 percent Georgia residents/30 out-state residents this year it is 70/30 but in the complete reverse. The staff is already about double what it was when Carter ran with more joining next month.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2571 on: August 15, 2018, 04:57:29 PM »

Bunch of new organizers joined the team today. At this point in the campaign four years ago, the field organizing staff was 70 percent Georgia residents/30 out-state residents this year it is 70/30 but in the complete reverse. The staff is already about double what it was when Carter ran with more joining next month.

Thats excellent to hear! This race could definitely be a pickup.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #2572 on: August 15, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »

That’s awesome. Glad to see more resources getting poured into it. I emailed them about writing postcards and I haven’t heard back. 😢
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2573 on: August 15, 2018, 06:57:54 PM »

I just got a robopoll for the governor's race, one of the most extreme push polls I've ever taken.  I'll try to reproduce the questions as best I can recall.  This wording is close but may not be verbatim:

1. Do you approve or disapprove of the job Donald Trump is doing?

2. Are you likely or not likely to vote in the November general election?

3. Do you plan to vote for Brian Kemp, Republican, or Stacey Abrams, Democrat?

4. Brian Kemp has been a small business owner for 30 years.  In his first business he dug ditches on his own.  He understands the needs of small business owners.  Does this make you more or less likely to vote for Kemp?

5. Stacey Abrams voted for sanctuary cities that prevent almost all cooperation between law enforcement and immigration authorities.  This could allow dangerous criminals to run loose in our communities.  Does this make you more or less likely to vote for Abrams?

6. Stacey Abrams wants to raise your taxes, but she doesn't pay her own taxes.  She owes the IRS over $50,000.  Does this make you more or less likely to vote for Abrams?

7. Stacey Abrams voted to protect sex offenders.  She was one of two representatives to vote against a bill to collect DNA from convicted sex offenders.  She placed the rights of sex offenders over the safety of the community.  Does this make you more or less likely to vote for Abrams?

The rest were demographic questions.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2574 on: August 15, 2018, 06:59:21 PM »

I just got a robopoll for the governor's race, one of the most extreme push polls I've ever taken.  I'll try to reproduce the questions as best I can recall.  This wording is close but may not be verbatim:

1. Do you approve or disapprove of the job Donald Trump is doing?

2. Are you likely or not likely to vote in the November general election?

3. Do you plan to vote for Brian Kemp, Republican, or Stacey Abrams, Democrat?

4. Brian Kemp has been a small business owner for 30 years.  In his first business he dug ditches on his own.  He understands the needs of small business owners.  Does this make you more or less likely to vote for Kemp?

5. Stacey Abrams voted for sanctuary cities that prevent almost all cooperation between law enforcement and immigration authorities.  This could allow dangerous criminals to run loose in our communities.  Does this make you more or less likely to vote for Abrams?

6. Stacey Abrams wants to raise your taxes, but she doesn't pay her own taxes.  She owes the IRS over $50,000.  Does this make you more or less likely to vote for Abrams?

7. Stacey Abrams voted to protect sex offenders.  She was one of two representatives to vote against a bill to collect DNA from convicted sex offenders.  She placed the rights of sex offenders over the safety of the community.  Does this make you more or less likely to vote for Abrams?

The rest were demographic questions.

That's not a poll, it's an ad.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies