Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:34:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 105
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread!  (Read 316752 times)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: February 12, 2018, 09:12:35 PM »

Glad to see them really putting resources into the down ballot races. Hopefully we can pick off at least a few of the statewide races. SoS and AG are probably the easiest to win and the most influential.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1426 on: February 14, 2018, 09:00:09 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1427 on: February 14, 2018, 10:07:36 AM »

I wish there was someone more credible in this race but looks like I’ll be voting for her, especially if Fort jumps in.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1428 on: February 14, 2018, 08:25:02 PM »

It isn't shocking that there are more democrats than Republicans in Georgia. There have traditionally been more, and more Americans identify as Democrats in general.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1429 on: February 14, 2018, 10:22:50 PM »

It isn't shocking that there are more democrats than Republicans in Georgia. There have traditionally been more, and more Americans identify as Democrats in general.

What kind of Democrats? Democrats or Democrats? There is a difference. Also, it doesn't really matter if the Indies are lopsided in favor of Republicans.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #1430 on: February 14, 2018, 10:37:25 PM »

What kind of Democrats? Democrats or Democrats? There is a difference. Also, it doesn't really matter if the Indies are lopsided in favor of Republicans.

The democrats in Georgia are genuine democrats. The issue is, like in basically every other southern state, independents are heavily lean Republican.

There's a reason Jones only won independents by 8 in Alabama, lol

2016 Georgia was 34% dem - 36% gop - 30% ind, Trump won independents by 9% (surprisingly low for a southern state)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1431 on: February 15, 2018, 05:44:43 AM »

Actually, over the past decade or so, Republicans have generally out-numbered Democrats by anywhere from 2-6 points in terms of self-identification, based on polls conducted by Pew and other organizations (we don't have partisan voter registration). Recently, the gap began to close pretty quickly.

For instance, Gallup showed a 3-point GOP advantage in 2010; in 2012, a 5-point GOP advantage.

Pew in 2014 showed a tie; Gallup showed a 4-point GOP lead the same year.

Gallup in 2016 showed the GOP with a 1-point lead.

Pew showing a lead for Democrats in this regard would likely be the first survey showing such since before 2008 at minimum.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1432 on: February 15, 2018, 10:16:30 PM »

Are there any GA-07 residents around? Wanted to hear thoughts on the Democratic candidates for the seat. I have a job opportunity with one of the campaigns, but not aware of the mood in the district.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1433 on: February 15, 2018, 10:37:52 PM »

Are there any GA-07 residents around? Wanted to hear thoughts on the Democratic candidates for the seat. I have a job opportunity with one of the campaigns, but not aware of the mood in the district.

I live in Athens, so not GA-07 but I personally know one of the Democratic candidates (he's a good guy).  PM me if you want some more information.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1434 on: February 16, 2018, 06:00:50 AM »

Casey Cagle's campaign announces a huge advertisment assault worth $4.5 million across all major markets. Article also mentions a third party group backing Cagle purchased hundreds of thousands worth of ads this week as well.

http://politics.myajc.com/blog/politics/cagle-makes-monster-buy-georgia-gov-race/QMlkeztcGKjCEbkwyfxwKK/

Michael Williams has been awfully quiet. I'm surprised he hasn't at least released an online advertisement, even if he's not ready to do television and radio ad buys yet.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #1435 on: February 19, 2018, 08:59:20 AM »

Brian Kemp started his campaign bus tour today.  Will hit 50 counties in the next ten days.  Kemp is the only candidate to have visited all 159 Georgia counties.

The GOP primary is starting to heat up!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1436 on: February 21, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »

Lawsuit filed challenging the 2015 redraw of metro ATL state House districts as a racial gerrymander: https://lawyerscommittee.org/press-release/lawyers-committee-civil-rights-law-files-motion-seeking-relief-2018-midterm-election-cycle-georgia-voters-impacted-unlawful-gerrymandering/
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1437 on: February 21, 2018, 01:47:20 PM »

Oof. I thought they did this already. Obviously I agree with their challenge but why the hell did they wait so long? Shame!

-

It's also nice little actions like this by Republicans that really spice up their usual retort to gerrymandering challenges by Democrats:

"They can't win elections so they file lawsuits against our maps!"

*proceeds to change map when it looks like Democrats will win an election*
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1438 on: February 26, 2018, 03:15:18 PM »

Cagle weighs in on Delta ending its NRA discount:

My take: helps him in the primary, hurts him in the general election.
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1439 on: February 26, 2018, 03:17:31 PM »

Cagle weighs in on Delta ending its NRA discount:

My take: helps him in the primary, hurts him in the general election.
Considering that Delta is in the Top 5 list of employers in Georgia, this is equivalent to a Democrat decrying coal in Pittsburgh...
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1440 on: February 26, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »

LOL Cagle. By all means, please push the Delta-employed white folks in Cobb, Forsyth, and Gwinnett out of your camp.  Tongue
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1441 on: February 26, 2018, 05:02:41 PM »

TFW you attack your state’s iconic brand name companies, one of the largest airlines in the world and one of the largest employers in your state, to virtue signal to the NRA

Stacey (Insert) thanks you for the campaign check Delta just cut her, Casey
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #1442 on: February 26, 2018, 05:08:45 PM »

LOL Cagle. By all means, please push the Delta-employed white folks in Cobb, Forsyth, and Gwinnett out of your camp.  Tongue

What is the distribution of delta employees in Georgia actually? Is there a map anywhere of it?
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #1443 on: February 26, 2018, 05:34:18 PM »

TFW you attack your state’s iconic brand name companies, one of the largest airlines in the world and one of the largest employers in your state, to virtue signal to the NRA

Stacey (Insert) thanks you for the campaign check Delta just cut her, Casey

I hope that whichever Stacey wins the nomination doesn't take campaign contributions from Delta. Pie-in-the-sky...maybe, but I can hope.

Honestly, there's so much material to criticize corporations on, especially airliners, and yet the GOP picks gun control? LOL what a joke.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1444 on: February 26, 2018, 06:44:23 PM »

What is the distribution of delta employees in Georgia actually? Is there a map anywhere of it?

I don't know about a distribution of their locations within the state.  A Delta news release from Oct. 2015 says that it was Georgia's largest employer with 33,000 in the state.  I would expect most of them to be either at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport or at Delta HQ, which is near the airport.  This is on the south side of the metro area, so Cobb, Gwinnett, and especially Forsyth seem less likely than Fulton and the south suburban counties.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1445 on: February 26, 2018, 11:28:10 PM »

I don't know about a distribution of their locations within the state.  A Delta news release from Oct. 2015 says that it was Georgia's largest employer with 33,000 in the state.  I would expect most of them to be either at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport or at Delta HQ, which is near the airport.  This is on the south side of the metro area, so Cobb, Gwinnett, and especially Forsyth seem less likely than Fulton and the south suburban counties.
People commute. And I specifically mentioned white people, and South Fulton and Clayton aren't exactly teeming with that demographic. Tongue None of the counties I mentioned are more than an hour's drive from the airport. Especially Cobb which is literally 25-30 minutes up I-285.

Anyway, met Stacey Abrams tonight and was mesmerized. More convinced than ever, that I was wrong in my initial judgement of her candidacy and that she has the fortitude to flip this state.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #1446 on: February 26, 2018, 11:44:30 PM »

People commute. And I specifically mentioned white people, and South Fulton and Clayton aren't exactly teeming with that demographic. Tongue None of the counties I mentioned are more than an hour's drive from the airport. Especially Cobb which is literally 25-30 minutes up I-285.

Anyway, met Stacey Abrams tonight and was mesmerized. More convinced than ever, that I was wrong in my initial judgement of her candidacy and that she has the fortitude to flip this state.

Please let me know if she is planning a visit to UGA! I would like to meet the gubernatorial candidates.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1447 on: February 26, 2018, 11:49:10 PM »

I know that there is an organization called Dawgs 4 Abrams on UGA's campus that is working directly with her campaign to mobilize the college campus vote. (There is a similar group with the Atlanta University Center, with plans to collaborate with more colleges) They have social media--- I would contact them and see if they have anything in the works with her.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1448 on: February 27, 2018, 03:54:12 PM »

That was a huge misstep for Cagle. Probably a game changer. This means both the frontrunners in Cagle and Kemp are severely damaged goods. Maybe just maybe this is the year someone breaks through
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1449 on: February 27, 2018, 04:31:24 PM »

That was a huge misstep for Cagle. Probably a game changer. This means both the frontrunners in Cagle and Kemp are severely damaged goods. Maybe just maybe this is the year someone breaks through
2018 seems more promising for GA Dems than any year I can remember, that's for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies