Everything seems to be moving Obama's way, yet still my heart feels cold.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:22:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Everything seems to be moving Obama's way, yet still my heart feels cold.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Everything seems to be moving Obama's way, yet still my heart feels cold.  (Read 207 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2012, 01:34:38 AM »

Quiet and cold. It's strange. Is this just my innate pessimism coming to the fore as we enter Election Day even though we seem to be ahead and hitting the ground running, or have I attained some sort of clear and pure and cool state if only for a little while, if only for another hour or so before I try to get some sleep before morning-class-lunch-afternoon-class-vote-madly-checking-results-during-Anime-Club-before-getting-back-on-Atlas-Forum? I felt this sudden enormous sense of comfort at a church service earlier this evening, so I really don't know what to make of this feeling and of whether it's good or bad.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:12:25 AM »

I'm not sure what to say to you. My brain tells me Obama will win rather comfortably, but part of me still feels like things will go differently. I can't explain it. It's not like 2008 where I was hopeful but resigned to defeat. This time, I've got this nagging shiver telling me "Romney's going to do it."

I guess the difference between us is that I want the shiver to be right and you want the shiver to be wrong. Tongue

We'll see what happens.

Either way, thank you for being one of the tolerable Democrats. You have not caught the malady that seems to have befallen Lief, and I really appreciate it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 02:30:57 AM »

Oh, I'm actually becoming quite confident, which is why the quiet and cold feeling is so hard to place. I think it's the disconnect between the hope for relief and the hope for excitement that I felt four years ago but I'm not sure.

You're welcome. Thank you for being one of the tolerable Republicans.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 02:31:42 AM »

That's because it's been 36 years since a Democrat came out on top in a close race.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 02:36:17 AM »

Perhaps it's the innate knowledge that we're screwed either way? Wink

Pretty much. Obama being too cowering towards Republicans, Senate Democrats being useless in the face of massive fillibusters, and Republicans having 218 batsh**t crazy members in the House means that nothing good will happen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies