Fellow Democrats, lend me your ears.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:55:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Fellow Democrats, lend me your ears.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Fellow Democrats, lend me your ears.  (Read 2758 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2012, 12:17:33 AM »

In a few hours, Democrats from here will join others from around the country. And, you will be launching the largest political battle in the history of elections. "Politics," that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps, it's fate that today is the Sixth of November, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom--not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live--to exist. And, should we win the day, the Sixth of November will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the liberals declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish, without a fight! We're going to live on. We're going to survive. Today, we celebrate our Re-Election Day!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »

Roll Eyes

Republicans, listen up - If you haven't voted early, make sure to go out and vote today. We're facing an uphill battle, but I encourage each of you to do whatever you can from now until polls close to help make Mitt Romney the 45th President. Think how nice it would be to come on here tomorrow and rub it in the Democrat's faces. Wink
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:27:15 AM »

Roll Eyes

Republicans, listen up - If you haven't voted early, make sure to go out and vote today. We're facing an uphill battle, but I encourage each of you to do whatever you can from now until polls close to help make Mitt Romney the 45th President. Think how nice it would be to come on here tomorrow and rub it in the Democrat's faces. Wink
I'm not a registered Republican and I voted for Romney two weeks ago absentee ballot.  Did my job to vote statism out of office.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 12:31:54 AM »

Let us fight, let us win, let us fly the flag of victory today!

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 12:35:22 AM »

In a few hours, Democrats from here will join others from around the country. And, you will be launching the largest political battle in the history of elections. "Politics," that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps, it's fate that today is the Sixth of November, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom--not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live--to exist. And, should we win the day, the Sixth of November will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the liberals declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish, without a fight! We're going to live on. We're going to survive. Today, we celebrate our Re-Election Day!

You're a moderator?
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 12:37:48 AM »

You're a moderator?

I question that as well...
Tough to assume objectivity with that rhetoric.
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:38:49 AM »
« Edited: November 06, 2012, 12:40:29 AM by Shadowlord88 »

Ah, an Independence Day reference.  Brings back memories.  Yeah, there are plenty of plot holes and the way they beat the aliens makes no sense, but I saw the movie as a kid so it's kinda nostalgic for me. 
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 12:39:48 AM »

Roll Eyes

TMTH TO FORUM REPUBLICANS: VOTE FOR REVENGE
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 12:42:51 AM »

LET'S GET OUT THERE AND HOLD THAT FIREWALL FOR OBAMA

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 12:46:25 AM »

You're a moderator?

Yes, a liberal moderator ... Wink

That doesn't impact my ability to moderate though (because in 99% of all cases I only moderate polls).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 12:52:12 AM »

Yes! We! Can! Cheesy

Can't say it feels like 2008, but... tomorrow should be a great day for America and the world.
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 12:55:25 AM »

and you will once again be fighting for our freedom

Like Obama did by annihilating the 4th Amendment with the National Defense Act ZING.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:27 AM »

Peace!
Spanish Moss
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 01:06:34 AM »

Ah, an Independence Day reference.  Brings back memories.  Yeah, there are plenty of plot holes and the way they beat the aliens makes no sense, but I saw the movie as a kid so it's kinda nostalgic for me. 

Best fake speech ever.  They're making a sequel, by the way.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 03:20:53 AM »

You're a moderator?

OP is a movie reference.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 03:52:34 AM »

Beautiful, just beautiful.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 04:28:50 AM »

Victory is just around the corner comrades!
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 04:38:13 AM »

Best fake speech ever.  They're making a sequel, by the way.

Really?  That's terribly disappointing.  It's going to suck terribly.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 08:37:58 AM »

I look around my neighborhood, and see business closing.  They were opened under G W Bush. 

A friend of mine, a local pastor, who had some rental properties, declared bankruptcy. 

My neighbor, a dress maker, who does beautiful work, had trouble making ends meet and then had to go on welfare; she's not stupid and had me download how to do a business plan once.  That hurt me because I use to be a welfare caseworker, and I hated the thought of this good, decent, honest, woman having to sit there and be interviewed, and even unintentionally, be humiliated like that.

With that, for the first time in two decades, I got off by butt and did some work for Romney, because Obama obviously wasn't helping.  Obama has made it worse.

For the record, my neighborhood is about 95% African American, and the people I mentioned are as well. 
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 09:01:51 AM »

I look around my neighborhood, and see business closing.  They were opened under G W Bush. 

A friend of mine, a local pastor, who had some rental properties, declared bankruptcy. 

My neighbor, a dress maker, who does beautiful work, had trouble making ends meet and then had to go on welfare; she's not stupid and had me download how to do a business plan once.  That hurt me because I use to be a welfare caseworker, and I hated the thought of this good, decent, honest, woman having to sit there and be interviewed, and even unintentionally, be humiliated like that.

With that, for the first time in two decades, I got off by butt and did some work for Romney, because Obama obviously wasn't helping.  Obama has made it worse.

For the record, my neighborhood is about 95% African American, and the people I mentioned are as well. 

I'm sure Romney cares an awful lot about people like that.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 09:49:07 AM »

I'm sure that his policies would be better for people like than.  It is very that Obama is not.

Now, if Obama really did care, why didn't he do something about it?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »

I'm sure that his policies would be better for people like than.  It is very that Obama is not.

The situation for unfortunate people like that is getting better on average.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 09:58:37 AM »

Onwards to victory!

Hasta la victoria siempre! Viva la Revolucion! Viva los EEUU libre! Viva Obama!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2012, 10:09:38 AM »

The situation for unfortunate people like that is getting better on average.

I don't think it is.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 01:41:41 AM »

Yep I am happy tonight!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies