Opinion of people who vote for Richard Murdock and Todd Akin?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:51:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Opinion of people who vote for Richard Murdock and Todd Akin?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of people who vote for Richard Murdock and Todd Akin?  (Read 1111 times)
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 30, 2012, 08:26:29 PM »
« edited: October 30, 2012, 08:29:44 PM by BlondeArtisit »

It's a line the sand moment for me.

Are they a complete partisan hack or do they vote for the moderate.

Their opinion becomes irrelevant because when they had the opportunity to be reasonable they turned away and voted for the hack. Something is seriously wrong with these people in the head.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:28:25 PM »

Agreed 100%.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 08:44:52 PM »

lets not be too judgmental. Sure most of the people who vote for Akin or Mourdock are christtards, but not all of them. Tmthru94 seems like a good guy despite voting for Mourdock.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 08:47:32 PM »

If I stated my honest opinion of these people, I would probably get infracted quite heavily. So let's leave it there
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »

To be fair, I voted for Mourdock before the event occurred. I find both candidates detestable, so I can't really say I'm rooting for either one at this point, but if I could go back in time, I probably would have voted for Horning or just not voted.

Most people I talk to who still support Mourdock say this: "Yes, what he said we completely wrong, and he needs to apologize for it. But my top issue right now is the economy and healthcare, two issues I agree with Mourdock on and strongly disagree with Donnelly on. So that's how I base my vote."
User157088589849
BlondeArtisit

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »

To be fair, I voted for Mourdock before the event occurred. I find both candidates detestable, so I can't really say I'm rooting for either one at this point, but if I could go back in time, I probably would have voted for Horning or just not voted.

Most people I talk to who still support Mourdock say this: "Yes, what he said we completely wrong, and he needs to apologize for it. But my top issue right now is the economy and healthcare, two issues I agree with Mourdock on and strongly disagree with Donnelly on. So that's how I base my vote."

We need a full investigation into the educational system in Southern Indiana. People do not know the difference between right and wrong. If people are so deluded that Murdock is acceptable then the schools have failed and need to be shut down.

you want to live a stoneage lifestyle, dig up the roads, shut the schools close the hospitals and give these people the world they want.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »

OK. So you voted for the inane, detestable hack who humiliated your guy in the primary over a fairly centrist and generally unnoticeable candidate, because the latter had a (D) after his name? This, friends, is what we call a "moderate republican" in these days... Roll Eyes

The sad thing is that if you voted this way, I find it hard to see Donnelly winning.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 10:31:01 PM »

you want to live a stoneage lifestyle, dig up the roads, shut the schools close the hospitals and give these people the world they want.
Precisely! Who needs the federal government? Actually, the state governments are pretty useless too!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 10:35:14 PM »

Meh. It comes down to whether you think Senator Akin/Mourdock or Senate Majority Leader Reid would be worse. If you think the second would be worse (keeping in mind SML Reid would have way more influence than Senator Akin/Mourdock), it makes sense to support Akin/Mourdock. I disagree -- I feel SML Reid would be countered by SotH Boehner anyway, and it's important for the Republican Party to understand faux-science, especially but not exclusively on very personal issues like rape, is bad, so I would support Libertarian candidates in these races, but I can certainly sympathize with those who don't want Reid as Senator. Thankfully I have Josh Mandel to support in my state.

Now, those who actually agree with Akin/Mourdock about rape? They suck. But a persuasive case can be made that they are the lesser evil.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 02:52:13 AM »

This does surprise me.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 03:49:18 AM »

My opinion of people who vote for Mourdock and Akin? Negative- such a voter is obviously committing electoral fraud.

Or... an idiot who somehow thought it would be a good idea to do write-in votes for these horrible candidates, I guess?

WRITE IN AKIN/MOURDOCK (R)
THE R IS FOR RAPE
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »

Brutally negative. Requiring women to have their rapist's baby, and then considering the act of rape to be part of God's plan, is so effing horrendous. These super conservatives are trying to lead this country down a very creepy, very church-centric path. Mainstream conservatives should be very worried seeing their influence grow.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 10:52:19 PM »

Mourdock/Akin voters would prefer life in the Republic of Gilead.  And if the United States were ever to turn into that I would leave the country.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »

It's better than my opinion of internet hacks.

btw, why does Tom Smith get a free pass? What he said was worse than either Akin or Murdock in my opinion. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »

It's better than my opinion of internet hacks.

btw, why does Tom Smith get a free pass? What he said was worse than either Akin or Murdock in my opinion. 

What did he say?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 08:12:24 AM »

Worthless scum.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length