Conservatives voting on principle (i.e. NOT voting for Romney)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:38:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Conservatives voting on principle (i.e. NOT voting for Romney)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Conservatives voting on principle (i.e. NOT voting for Romney)  (Read 2077 times)
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2012, 08:32:06 PM »

To quote former President John Quincy Adams: “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”

Who else is voting for Goode or Johnson as opposed to Romney then?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »

I think we're the only ones on that bandwagon haha
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:06:57 PM »

I'm not. I have no shame.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 09:08:34 PM »

i'm considering voting for goode but i find his economic policies very hard to swallow.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 09:40:41 PM »

I am voting on principle by voting for Romney.  It's game, set and match if Obama wins.  The country will be finished.  Everything that we do to advance our principles will be 1000 times harder once his full agenda is implemented. 

With Romney, there is at least a chance.  To be honest, if you asked me if I had any hope, I'd say not much.  Unfortunately, we have the worst of choices this election - a man who is actively working to hurt us and our families (Obama), and one who did some of the same stuff while as governor, but with less malice.  I want to believe that maybe Romney has changed, but I'd be fooling myself.  However, we can probably hold Romney's feet to the fire on the most important things and that's something we could never do with Obama.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 09:48:14 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 09:50:12 PM by Paul Kemp »

Oh really? How so?

I mean it's not like this nation has lasted over two hundred years and through a civil war, economic depressions and recessions, numerous wars, leaders assassinated and resign in disgrace, and had an election decided by the Supreme Court.

...but no you're right...it will probably be electing a guy to a four year term who won't be able to push an agenda because of an uncooperative congress that really brings this country down...
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 09:51:59 PM »

Oh really? How so?

I mean it's not like this nation has lasted over two hundred years and through a civil war, economic depressions and recessions, numerous wars, leaders assassinated and resign in disgrace, and had an election decided by the Supreme Court.

You're right...it will probably be electing a guy who can't do anything because of an uncooperative congress who really brings this country down...
It has never had to experience the type of fiscal collapse our debt heralds.  More importantly, and this is what I don't think some on our side get, is that the dependency culture could reach critical mass, and nothing we do, nothing will ever change that, once it occurs.  Like I said, Romney's just a long-shot, but I'd take the chance on that, rather than the inevitability with Obama.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 09:57:05 PM »

Romney is closer to my principles then Obama. I like Goode, but he doesn't have a shot, and don't lecture me on how people like me are why he doesnt have a shot.

Romney loyalists will still vote Romney, and Goode would split the vote, and give Obama the election.
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 10:00:50 PM »

Romney is closer to my principles then Obama. I like Goode, but he doesn't have a shot, and don't lecture me on how people like me are why he doesnt have a shot.

Romney loyalists will still vote Romney, and Goode would split the vote, and give Obama the election.
No, I was talking about Romney actually doing something to change things being a "long shot", but I'd rather take that chance, even though I don't have much hope.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 10:13:42 PM »

Im for Romney based on principals and he appeals more to me on politics than anybody else (except Johnson)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »

I don't like Romney, but I'm pretty sure he's better for me than Johnson or especially Goode...my foreign policy opinions have too strong a tinge of neoconservatism for me to support the Libertarian Party except when the Republican candidate is especially, unusually distasteful (Akin or Mourdock or desJarlais come to mind).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 10:18:04 PM »

I don't like Romney, but I'm pretty sure he's better for me than Johnson or especially Goode...my foreign policy opinions have too strong a tinge of neoconservatism for me to support the Libertarian Party except when the Republican candidate is especially, unusually distasteful (Akin or Mourdock or desJarlais come to mind).

So you are... Rudy Giuliani?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 10:22:36 PM »

So you are... Rudy Giuliani?

Too strong of a libertarian tinge; I'm pro-weed and support equal rights for gays and am a supporter of the NRA.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 12:52:50 AM »

No, I was talking about Romney actually doing something to change things being a "long shot", but I'd rather take that chance, even though I don't have much hope.

I was talking to the OP.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2012, 01:03:11 AM »
« Edited: October 27, 2012, 01:07:45 AM by Gass3268 »

Country Roads: First I want to say I love your username! John Denver is one of my favorites and Country Roads is one of my favorite songs of his! Second, I have a question. You have a very conservative political matrix score, but you support Joe Manchin for the US Senate Senate. Just curious as to what your reasoning is behind that endorsement?  
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 01:18:12 AM »

Country Roads: First I want to say I love your username! John Denver is one of my favorites and Country Roads is one of my favorite songs of his! Second, I have a question. You have a very conservative political matrix score, but you support Joe Manchin for the US Senate Senate. Just curious as to what your reasoning is behind that endorsement?  

Probably because John Raese is a joker per chance? Ill make that guess anyways.
CountryRoads
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 01:21:17 AM »

Hi! yea, John Denver was a great man, and singer! He's adored here in Morgantown.

Also, I support Manchin for two reasons. One, he's pretty conservative for a democrat, so that's always good. Second, John Raese is a joke, a troll, and a moron. If we would've nominated a mentally challenged potato, it would be in a lot better position then Raese is.

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 01:29:09 AM »

Hi! yea, John Denver was a great man, and singer! He's adored here in Morgantown.

Also, I support Manchin for two reasons. One, he's pretty conservative for a democrat, so that's always good. Second, John Raese is a joke, a troll, and a moron. If we would've nominated a mentally challenged potato, it would be in a lot better position then Raese is.

Yet "Country Roads" still isn't the official state song of West Virginia like "Rocky Mountain High" is for Colorado, tisk tisk. Also I lol'ed at your take on the Manchin-Raese race!   
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 01:42:22 AM »

I'll be voting for Goode. Smiley
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 01:49:12 AM »

I was 1000 percent right woo!
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 03:14:42 AM »

Anybody not supporting Obama but voting for Goode/Johnson/... should just try to picture in his head what 4 more years of unrestrained Obama rule is going to look like.
That alone should be enough for you to make a sensible choice and vote Romney.
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 04:00:54 AM »

I was talking to the OP.

Personally, I don't think a Romney presidency would be much better than a 2nd term of Obama, aside from repealing Obamacare and possibly some better judges (in my opinion) on the Supreme Court. I certainly don't think a 2nd term of Obama, especially with a conservative-controlled Congress, will be the "end of America". After all, America survived the New Deal years, right?

And here's how different Obama and Romney are:

If I HAD to choose between the two, however, I'd pick Romney, given his business experience. I'll give him that one.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 04:26:29 AM »

Anybody not supporting Obama but voting for Goode/Johnson/... should just try to picture in his head what 4 more years of unrestrained Obama rule is going to look like.

Yeah, with that 60-seat majority in the Senate and a Democratic dominated House he will be free to do whatever he wants.

Oh wait...
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 04:31:24 AM »

Yeah, with that 60-seat majority in the Senate and a Democratic dominated House he will be free to do whatever he wants.

Oh wait...

I said unrestrained.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 09:24:10 AM »

I am not commenting on my vote for President this election.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies