OH-CNN: OBAMA LEADS BY FOUR
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:08:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  OH-CNN: OBAMA LEADS BY FOUR
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OH-CNN: OBAMA LEADS BY FOUR  (Read 2013 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 07:47:49 PM »

Hey, folks. New here - love the website, the polls, and am tuned into the election from the Pitt area. Can't say this poll surprises me, nor the continued small but significant lead of Obama in OH. Here in western PA and I'd guess OH is not much different I sense a serious "trust deficit" for Romney. People don't trust him; they may not love Obama, but they don't trust or like Romney. And the efforts to curb voter turnout in OH tells me the GOP knows they are losing. We'll see.

I've got a hunch that Obama will pick up Fayette and Greene Counties. How do you feel about that?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 07:55:31 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 07:57:29 PM by DemPGH »

Hey, folks. New here - love the website, the polls, and am tuned into the election from the Pitt area. Can't say this poll surprises me, nor the continued small but significant lead of Obama in OH. Here in western PA and I'd guess OH is not much different I sense a serious "trust deficit" for Romney. People don't trust him; they may not love Obama, but they don't trust or like Romney. And the efforts to curb voter turnout in OH tells me the GOP knows they are losing. We'll see.

I've got a hunch that Obama will pick up Fayette and Greene Counties. How do you feel about that?

Those counties were so close in 2008, as were the ones up I-79 to Erie, like Mercer. You have a Tea Party component there, mainly older people, but you also have the blue collar aspect that looks past a lot of that nonsense. The thing that troubles me is Bush and McCain made inroads there, so I'm hoping against a "West Virginia" effect. I think it's possible. Real close.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 07:57:48 PM »

Well count me as +1 Obama voter in Greene county, and I have some friends in Fayette that I'm bugging to get to the polls asap.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 09:26:33 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 09:32:44 PM by Eraserhead »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

4 points is about as big a lead as any Presidential candidate will have in Ohio. Why would you order a poll of state, when you are going to call it tied regardless? Was CNN expecting a candidate to possibly be up by 9?

The most annoying thing about this is if it was Romney with a 4 point lead, you know they wouldn't be calling it a tie.

Talk about a complete misrepresentation of what "margin of error" really means (saying Obama leads by 8% makes as much sense as saying it's tied).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »

Yeah, Romney has a lead of like 1-2% at best in Florida and they jump over themselves to call the state for him. Obama leads by 4% in Ohio and it's a tie. Disgusting.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 01:40:02 AM »

And yet, the media is full of evil liberal George Soroses and blah blah blah
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 04:29:45 AM »

Certainly confirms the PPP and Time polls. 

Intoxicating news!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies