ARG: Obama+2 in Ohio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:17:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ARG: Obama+2 in Ohio
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ARG: Obama+2 in Ohio  (Read 1455 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:38:01 AM »

Ohio: Obama 49%, Romney 47%

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2012/OH12-3.html

3-point gain for Obama since their last poll.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »

Haha, truth from an odd source.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 11:41:43 AM »

Lmao, Mitt can't even get a lead in a GOP poll.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 11:48:32 AM »

Lmao, Mitt can't even get a lead in a GOP poll.

It's not a GOP poll but it was one of the few companies that ever showed a Mitt lead in Ohio.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 11:50:34 AM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 12:03:09 PM by Minnesota Mike »

OK everybody switch. I now believe the pirate pollster is credible instead of worthless hacks because my guy is now up.
dirks

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »

GOP poll with D+10?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 12:01:36 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 12:03:31 PM by AWallTEP81 »

A rare occurrence of ignorance for you, opebo!  Rasmussen has this race as tied.  It's obviously Obama by 4 or 5.  I thought that of anyone, you would have noticed this consistency.  Obama by 2 is VERY generous for the creepy robot.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 12:06:22 PM »

A rare occurrence of ignorance for you, opebo!  Rasmussen has this race as tied.  It's obviously Obama by 4 or 5.  I thought that of anyone, you would have noticed this consistency.  Obama by 2 is VERY generous for the creepy robot.

Oh.. well, maybe but I predict Ohio will only be 50.5-48.5 Obama win in the end.. somethign like that.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 12:08:44 PM »

Oh.. well, maybe but I predict Ohio will only be 50.5-48.5 Obama win in the end.. somethign like that.

Gonna be close but Obama is holding his own with  whites, bucking the national  trend.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »

Eh... a little too generous for Romney.  51.5-47.5, but you have a grasp of what's really happening, as always, so I certainly respect your opinion.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »

Gonna be close but Obama is holding his own with  whites, bucking the national  trend.

YES!  I'm glad someone said it.  Whites across the country have given in to their pathetic, racist leanings.  But not Ohio.  The positive results of the Obama Presidency have hit the Buckeye state especially strongly.  Should be enough to keep the stupid white electorate above 40% for the candidate that will actually help them.  40% among whites is the definition of victory in Ohio.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »

It's ARG, move along...
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2012, 12:29:20 PM »

YES!  I'm glad someone said it.  Whites across the country have given in to their pathetic, racist leanings.  But not Ohio.  The positive results of the Obama Presidency have hit the Buckeye state especially strongly.  Should be enough to keep the stupid white electorate above 40% for the candidate that will actually help them.  40% among whites is the definition of victory in Ohio.

That's right!  As some may have noticed, I was in a terrible tizzy a few weeks ago, the racism of the big Romney bump just killed me.  (I'm more sensitive than I seem) But the fact that these simple ignorant folk - the white working class of Ohio and Wisconsin - have NOT completely disappointed us (so far) is really the nicest thing I've ever seen in American politics.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 12:31:43 PM »

Yup, it's nice to see a little bit of class consciousness trump over racism once in a while. Of course, this is an incredibly extreme case (Romney is the pure embodiment of the class enemy and Obama had to literally save an entire industry), but still nice.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 12:51:26 PM »

Yup, it's nice to see a little bit of class consciousness trump over racism once in a while. Of course, this is an incredibly extreme case (Romney is the pure embodiment of the class enemy and Obama had to literally save an entire industry), but still nice.

Yeah they almost seem like characters from a movie.  Remember the 'magical negro' cinematic/literary motif often talked about a few years ago.

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 01:26:54 PM »
« Edited: October 26, 2012, 01:46:08 PM by AWallTEP81 »

Gonna be close but Obama is holding his own with  whites, bucking the national  trend.

YES!  I'm glad someone said it.  Whites across the country have given in to their pathetic, racist leanings.  But not Ohio.  The positive results of the Obama Presidency have hit the Buckeye state especially strongly.  Should be enough to keep the stupid white electorate above 40% for the candidate that will actually help them.  40% among whites is the definition of victory in Ohio.

That's right!  As some may have noticed, I was in a terrible tizzy a few weeks ago, the racism of the big Romney bump just killed me.  (I'm more sensitive than I seem) But the fact that these simple ignorant folk - the white working class of Ohio and Wisconsin - have NOT completely disappointed us (so far) is really the nicest thing I've ever seen in American politics.

Absolutely right, opebo, as always.  You were completely justified in realizing that Obamaphone lady + the first debate were enough to swing this thing to Romney.  As I said to you, this was simply not the case!  I can't explain it, my most realistic opinion is urbanization, by OHIO of all places, is less racist than the rest of the country.  I'm stunned.  Opebo was right, OBAMAPHONE Lady should have been enough to get the racists in OH to flock to Romney.  Shockingly, it never happened.  I'll take it as a sign of encouragement, but I would literally have to visit OH to know why.   Romney hit EVERY right button in terms of racism and it didn't work.  Probably the most fascinating  results in U.S. politics in YEARS!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Obama will win Ohio.  It's over.  With the sheer amount of racists in Ohio... I can't explain why.  These people would never vote for a black, but they are going to, TWICE! 

This will be discussed in political science classes for centuries. 

The whites had a perfectly fine candidate. The white, stereotypical billionaire that enslaves them.   They still went for the black guy!?  In this racist country, it deserves some real, hardcore analysis.  Why?!  Going by history, the whites elect their racist bedfellows EVERY TIME since 1900.  Don't tell me it's a majority Democratic opinion.  But in 2008 and 2012, now, the whites in Ohio are giving enough support to Obama to get him re-elected! 

Either he was a wonderful President, (which he is, but don't tell stupid Americans that),, or it's all out opinion of racists pretending to like him to feel better about themselves (a pathetically large portion of the U.S.A.) I'm inclined to trust PPP, because they literally nailed every state in 2008.

But!  This is not 2008.  Americans are a stupid, reactionary bunch.   Throw a talking point about the deficit and these nincompoops  will flock to the creepy, white, robot in a heartbeat. 

Sorry about the counter-analysis.  I'm a law student and it comes naturally.  But PPP has shown where this race is.  Obama by 3.5 in PV.  Go make some money, trust me. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 01:55:35 PM »

Yes, Hockey, it is - it might be - class consciousness of a sort, in America, among whites, in 2012.  Its like a beautiful little flower poking its head up in the artic tundra.  I stand amazed.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Obama will win Ohio.  It's over.  With the sheer amount of racists in Ohio... I can't explain why.  These people would never vote for a black, but they are going to, TWICE!

Perhaps it is because there are not a sheer amount of racists in Ohio and those voting for or against Obama are doing so for reasons other than race - like jobs and the economy.  Heavens forbid we think an election can be decided on the issues instead of nonsensical non-issues like race.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 02:05:32 PM »

Perhaps it is because there are not a sheer amount of racists in Ohio and those voting for or against Obama are doing so for reasons other than race - like jobs and the economy.  Heavens forbid we think an election can be decided on the issues instead of nonsensical non-issues like race.

There aren't a sheer amount of racists in Ohio!? hahaahahahahahahahqha.  good luck with that one.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies