CA: Public Policy Institute of CA: Obama leads by double digits
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 10:44:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CA: Public Policy Institute of CA: Obama leads by double digits
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Public Policy Institute of CA: Obama leads by double digits  (Read 725 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2012, 12:58:57 AM »

New Poll: California President by Public Policy Institute of CA on 2012-10-24

Summary: D: 53%, R: 41%, I: 2%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45:44 AM »

Terrible for Obama but it doesn't matter.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 01:48:33 AM »

Weak for Obama; Boxer won by a similar margin in 2010.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 02:19:13 AM »

I'm not terribly surprised that Obama is struggling to rack up the mega margins in some of these liberal states. A lot of the left is not exactly enthusiastic about Obama (lord knows I'm not). I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of them come home at the last second on election day, though. Maybe not, it may mean some good (relatively speaking) numbers for the Greens in San Fran, etc.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 05:11:22 AM »

It'll be hilarious if Romney loses electorally with a majority of the popular vote due to low Obama wins in CA/IL/east coast, etc, and even bigger R majorities in the South, but the Swing States - OH/WI/CO/VA/NH aren't close enough to dispute in court.

Now that I would enjoy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 06:25:14 AM »

For odd reason, I actually got a call from Pub headquarters about ten days ago right before I hit the road asking if I were voting for Mittens. I guess they have too much money or something.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 06:47:02 AM »

For odd reason, I actually got a call from Pub headquarters about ten days ago right before I hit the road asking if I were voting for Mittens. I guess they have too much money or something.

Does the Romney campaign obsessively hit you up for cash like the Obama campaign does to anyone who ever gave them their email address?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »

Romney is good for SoCal. The state may have even be in play if Romney had remote appeal with Latino voters.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 07:03:00 AM »

I don't know if the state would be in play if Romney would have more appeal to Latinos, but he could have got it down to a 12-13 point loss. Right now with a tied race he is probably behind by 16-17 points, implying just a slight Republican trend. PPIC tends to have a very tight likely voter screen. I trust the Field poll above anyone else in California, and they haven't weighed in after the debates. They probably will soon.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 07:08:28 AM »

Does the Romney campaign obsessively hit you up for cash like the Obama campaign does to anyone who ever gave them their email address?

Oh I have about 50 letters from Mittens asking for dough. I guess that is because my once membership in the Lincoln Club of OC is in the public domain. Off topic, but check out Campaign Spot at NRO. The turnout percentage models of most pollsters seem wildly high.  Only Ras at 70 percent of registered voters seems to have it right. I would put up a thread but I am posting this from my cell phone.

Oh, I am moving to Maine. I love the place!
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 07:11:27 AM »

I've been making those types of call, across PA. 
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 07:13:25 AM »

Oh I have about 50 letters from Mittens asking for dough. I guess that is because my once membership in the Lincoln Club of OC is in the public domain. Off topic, but check out Campaign Spot at NRO. The turnout percentage models of most pollsters seem wildly high.  Only Ras at 70 percent of registered voters seems to have it right. I would put up a thread but I am posting this from my cell phone.

Oh, I am moving to Maine. I love the place!

Actually, if voters make the right decision in a couple weeks, Washington state might be the right place to move to. Wink
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 07:14:23 AM »

And this, folks, is why we are talking about an EV/PV split this year.

On another note, this has to be enticing for Rubio or Martinez to play in CA if they ever get a nomination.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 07:17:50 AM »

I think the Asian vote is more important to look at, imho. I don't think they will trend Republican, but I could be wrong about that, especially down in Socal. That allows Republicans to form a base, and then pick off well to do Hispanics with candidates like Martinez or Rubio as well as distancing themselves from people like Jan Brewer and Russell Pearce.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 07:21:09 AM »

Romney is good for SoCal. The state may have even be in play if Romney had remote appeal with Latino voters.

lol no
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 07:28:29 AM »

lol no

Certainly not a swing state, but maybe just within 10%.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies