The Atlasian Laborinth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:30:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Laborinth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: The Atlasian Laborinth  (Read 19508 times)
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2013, 11:09:17 AM »

In the "wonderful" "truthful" info graph, I must point out a few things.

1. "An avowed Federalist" Am I not a member of the Federalist Party?, just as you're an avowed Laborite? On many occasions, members of the Light Party, Liberal Party, and The People's Party (God rest their soul Tongue), have voted for me, and I've sided with them on many occasions, even you can't dispute this.

2. I support many progressive causes, Social Security, Medicare, Healthcare and Unemployment payment for the poor. I am also socially liberal.

3. I admit, I could do a better job at this, but the last SoIA was a Laborite, and um, was he anymore active? Also as a Senator and Northeast SoC, I was not only active, but I introduced reason based comprehensive reforms on economics and prison reform.

4. I was originally only running for Vice President, but my dear friend Clarence, who is very experienced had a heart attack, and we needed someone to run. Not everyone who is experienced in this game is willing to put in the work like they used to. I would argue that with some, their best work was when they were still relatively new to this game.

5. I support a day where, you can pray if you wish, or you can talk about your non belief, you can check the record on this, but my day of prayer/belief/non-belief isn't exclusive to the Christian belief that I profess.

6. "Pro Wolfentoad?" Ummm, I liked the kid until he was exposed. But I certainly don't approve of his nonsense and vicious remarks.

7. I said only to help our allies, or if they actually attacked us would I want to actually go to war with them. What you said about Nix on that issue applies to me as well.

8. The police are here to protect and serve. I believe that they here to especially protect those who cannot protect themselves, and in society, children are those who can't protect themselves. Listen, no matter how much gun control you pass, guns will still find their way into the hands of those who are going to use them to hurt people. School should be the absolute safest place on Earth for kids, and the police are here to protect our kids. No, I'm not advocating that we put guns into the hands of teachers and principals, as they are not trained professionals with firearms, and some aren't the most trustworthy individuals either.

9. I am pro choice on many things: The choice to bear arms, the choice to love and marry who you please, the choice to drive whichever car you want whether it be a gas guzzler or a green machine (although I promote the latter), The choice to send your children to whichever school you wish, the choice to use any type of contraceptives that you wish, the choice to set up a business and launch your dreams, the choice end your life if you are living in constant suffering, the choice for organizations like the Labor Party to publish any information they so chose, no matter how they chose to present news, the choice to worship (or not worship) as you please, the choice to raise a family and live a fulfilling life whether your black, white, Hispanic, Asian, gay, straight, bi, transsexual, or whatever else, so to call me anti choice is ludicrous, and I support abortion in cases of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.

10. When I first came on this forum, I posted some rather idiotic material, but yeah this was me mocking the RL tea party establishment. I support many social programs, so to abolish income tax, while supporting high cost programs, would leave us with piles of debt.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2013, 11:26:04 AM »

If you had just picked me, Matt, none of this would've happened. If they had come after me, Marokai would surely have defended my honor.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2013, 11:42:50 AM »

I have been a proud supporter of the Averroes Nix/DemPGH ticket since the early days of the campaign.  That said, I strongly condemn the recent attack made by this paper on Maxwell's experience, and MattFromVT's experience, activity-level, and party-affliation.  Maxwell has been an extremely active and dedicated public servant.  Maxwell's only "claim to fame" is his time as Wisard Extraordinaer, this much is definitely true.  However, during his three months in office, he has done more than just about anyone else in Atlasia to try to revitalize the Midwest (a region that had been drowning in a sea of inactivity when Labor was in control of the regional government).  If everyone in the various regional governments' of Atlasia displayed Maxwell's dedication and commitment, I doubt any region would be crippled by inactivity.  There are plenty of legitimate concerns to be raised about Maxwell's policy views, but to paint him as an inexperienced lightweight is ridiculous at best (and beneath both this paper and the Labor Party).  

Like Maxwell, there are a number of areas in which his positions are cause for serious concern: he has supported a resolution that would ensure war with North Korea (IIRC), wants to abolish the income tax, opposes gun control, etc.  Unfortunately, this article did not stick to making legitimate criticisms about MattFromVT's issue positions.  It also tried to paint him as an unqualified and inexperienced rookie trying to pretend he is ready to play in the big leagues.  In reality, nothing could be further from the truth.  I had the privilege of serving with MattFromVT in the Senate and he was an exceptionally active member of that distinguished legislative body.  He made many substantive contributions to debate, worked on many important pieces of legislation, and was a model Senator (albeit one who I disagree with on many key issues).  I don't think he's right on many critical issues, but I know both MattFromVT and Senator Averroes Nix have the experience and commitment necessary to lead Atlasia.  

However, what bothered me most was that the article urges Atlasians not to vote for him in part because he is an "avowed Federalist."  The idea that we should not vote for someone simply because they are a Federalist (or a Laborite, for that matter) is the worst kind of partisanship.  I am supporting Senator Averroes Nix for President because I know he is the right man for the job.  Just as there are many great Laborites, there are also many great Federalists, folks like Senator HagridFromTheDeep, Governor-elect ZuWo, Lieutenant Governor-elect Cathcon, etc.  If this election is decided purely by party ID, then Atlasia will lose no matter who wins.  

I urge my fellow Atlasians (regardless of party) to stop and think about why they are supporting the candidate they are currently backing.  If it is because you think they're is the best person for the job then you should definitely vote for them.  But if it is because of their party ID and/or the party ID of their opponent then take a good long look at the current mess that is Congress IRL and ask yourself "Is that what I want for Atlasia?"  Because that is what happens when people vote for the party instead of the person.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »

Matt is a good guy, and sometimes I feel like I'd be a good mentor for him in the future. He's one of my favorite federalists. He's active, personable, engaged and respectful to others, and he seems to take his jobs seriously. The right needs more of that. It's incredibly important.

I liken his campaign to a startup business. He has so much potential and I expect to see him do good things in atlasia. It's bold running for president given his current experience, but he's run a good campaign and this will only make him better in the future regardless of the outcome.

I'm supporting Nix because I think he'd make a fantastic president, and I have long enjoyed working with him during our time in The Party and afterwards. But that's not to say I don't think Matt would be a good president.

But this is the Labrynth. This is why I love this paper. Tongue
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2013, 08:05:48 PM »

As former Kommisaer of the Midwest, I condemn the attack on our Governor.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2013, 05:07:08 PM »

I feel like maybe we should lower the level of agression from the FOX level to MSNBC level. That being said, I do support Averroes Nix over Matt from VT.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2013, 06:58:37 PM »

Looking at the entire article, I believe you have just made this up:

"One notable Federalist has whispered to "The Atlasian Laborinth" ..." [that he make take his case straight to the Federalist Convention floor and make a rational appeal for selecting him as their nominee.]

Hmm.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2013, 03:26:26 AM »

Looking at the entire article, I believe you have just made this up:

"One notable Federalist has whispered to "The Atlasian Laborinth" ..." [that he make take his case straight to the Federalist Convention floor and make a rational appeal for selecting him as their nominee.]

Hmm.

Is this the only part of my and other people's comments on your article you are going to reply to?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2013, 01:40:29 AM »

.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .

.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .

.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .

.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .
.                      .

8/7/13.

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2013, 05:11:44 AM »

That was beautiful GM
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »

I feel like more now than ever, this needs to come back.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »

moar like The Atlasian Lieborinth. hi5 guise
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2014, 07:04:49 PM »

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume C, Issue A                                              Price: Your Fair Share

INHERITANCE LAX

The party of True Working People and Real Atlasians has faced a series of silly attacks over the past few weeks, with The Atlasian Laborinth watching the situation for ongoing developments. While it may be easy and fun to levy baseless attacks at those who have been given a Glorious Mandate to govern, sooner or later, those critics must put forward an alternative. While they continue to wiffle and waffle, The Atlasian Laborinth is here to report that those alternatives offer about as much substance as the attacks themselves.

One need look no further than the Northeast Region, where tireless advocates for True Working People and Real Atlasians like Senator Bore, Governor Talleyrand and Speaker SWE have fought for our country's values. Yet, these achievements find themselves under threat by the impending encroachment of the Aristocracy, who feel entitled to govern over all of us without providing any substance whatsoever. The Atlasian Laborinth delved deep into voting records to take a look at the past month of the Northeast Assembly as a mere starting point:

Two candidates for Governor and Senator, respectively - Sawxdem and MattfromVT - have risen to fight against the spirit of the Working Class People. The Atlasian Laborinth reports that combined, these two office-seekers have produced one-half of one Microsoft Word-typed page of substance over the past thirty days, most of which offered no relief for the struggling multitude of Working Class People in this region. But The Atlasian Laborinth must ask: what good is "fresh blood" when it is blue, and what good is "change" when it means apathy? What exactly will this fresh blood and change produce for us? More inactivity? Less debate? More hardship for True Atlasians? We'll let you connect the dots. One thing is clear, though: the Working Class People of this country and of all regions deserve elected officials who will do more than merely phone it in.

The Atlasian Laborinth Volume C is in full-swing, the presses are running hot, and we will continue to unearth each and every blue-blooded conspiracy there is in this great land throughout election season, because you deserve to know who you're voting for before you vote.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2014, 07:39:19 PM »

The Sawx campaign condemns the Laborinth's lies about his tenure as an Assemblyman, and demands a correction. Surely the Labor Party must be desperate for a victory, considering it has only taken them four days to lie to the public instead of offering a real debate.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2014, 07:41:05 PM »

The Sawx campaign condemns the Laborinth's lies about his tenure as an Assemblyman, and demands a correction. Surely the Labor Party must be desperate for a victory, considering it has only taken them four days to lie to the public instead of offering a real debate.
That bill was not within the past 30 days
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2014, 07:44:36 PM »

It was introduced before then, but signed into law on August 24. Has Labor forgotten to add?
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2014, 07:51:15 PM »

Thank you, Labor for reminding me how much I suck! Much appreciated! Smiley Now Griff, swallow that nice white pill. Don't mind the colors you're seeing, the blackouts, or the armed men in white attempting to put that nice snug jacket on you, just keep swallowing. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »

It was introduced before then, but signed into law on August 24. Has Labor forgotten to add?

The Atlasian Laborinth will issue no correction at the insistence of the blue-blood due to the facts, and stands by its reporting.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2014, 07:53:29 PM »

Thank you, Labor for reminding me how much I suck! Much appreciated! Smiley Now Griff, swallow that nice white pill. Don't mind the colors you're seeing, the blackouts, or the armed men in white attempting to put that nice snug jacket on you, just keep swallowing. Smiley

The Atlasian Laborinth reports that there is no medicine strong enough to induce the types of hallucinations necessary to envision such a poor attendance and voting record, as has been reported here today.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »

Also, you're gubernatorial nominee is known for disappearing for months at a time, coming back, and disappearing again. Smiley But that's okay, buddy, it's cool when Labor does it! Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2014, 07:57:13 PM »

Also, you're gubernatorial nominee is known for disappearing for months at a time, coming back, and disappearing again. Smiley But that's okay, buddy, it's cool when Labor does it! Smiley

The Atlasian Laborinth duly notes the attempt by the blue-blood to steer the conversation away from an indefensible voting and participation record by levying incomparable criticisms against people who are not even running against him.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »

And of course

I've missed the Laborinth. Certainly beats your diatribes about how awful the IRC is Wink
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2014, 08:02:26 PM »

The Atlasian Laborinth duly notes the attempt by the blue-blood to steer the conversation away from an indefensible voting and participation record by levying incomparable criticisms against people who are not even running against him.

And who does The Atlasian Laborinth blame for the inactivity of its own candidates? Must be The IRC, right, buddy? Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »

And who does The Atlasian Laborinth blame for the inactivity of its own candidates? Must be The IRC, right, buddy? Smiley

The Atlasian Laborinth also duly notes that The People's candidate for NE Senator has already engaged more with said publication in the past thirty minutes than it has with his electorate over the past month as Representative. The Atlasian Laborinth is truly flattered, and we stand by that statement.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2014, 08:31:21 PM »

Let's not forget, that was a bill you introduced based on a real-life scenario that does not accurately reflect what actually happened in the car that night and is disrespectful to insinuate that.

Don't voters deserve something separate of that? They deserve original, quality bills while your bill took little effort and was horribly written I might add such as allowing sexual relations while the person's driving. You also plagiarized another act by the same name passed by the Northeast, initially.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies