The Atlasian Laborinth
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:42:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Laborinth
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: The Atlasian Laborinth  (Read 19535 times)
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2012, 04:58:57 PM »

Guys, if there are evil secret meetings going on, I'm not privy to them. Tongue
We know, but isn't it gosh darn it more exciting this way?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2012, 06:32:53 PM »

The Laborinth proves that it is little more than an unreliable rag peddling rumours. The Atlasian Post is the only reliable news source.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2012, 06:33:25 PM »

Actually, The People's Paper is the finest publication in Atlasia.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »

The Post is subservient to The People.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »

The Post is subservient to The People.

That goes without saying. We are all subservient to The People.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
« Edited: February 04, 2013, 08:26:36 PM by Plain Ol' Prole Griffin »

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume A, Issue H                                              Price: Your Fair Share

UNPOPULARES IN THE MIDEAST

The Atlasian Laborinth can report that a populist revolt is underway - or at least seems to be - based on recent polling coming out of the Mideast region. Survey Atlasia, perhaps the gold-standard of polling in this country, released two polls last week that clearly show both Mideast Senator Ben and Mideast Governor Tmthforu being the least popular regional Senator and least popular Governor, respectively, in the country.

The polls showed that only a paltry 38% of Mideast citizens approve of Senator Ben's job performance, while even fewer - 30% - approve of Governor Tmth's handling of the region. These poll results are not unsubstantiated; two polls released earlier in January showed that Senatorial candidate JCL was outperforming Ben in his quest for re-election, with Labor Senatorial candidate Gass3268 tied with the Senator. Another poll, conducted by Super Polling Center, showed exit results from the Mideast Gubernatorial race not looking much prettier - while the Governor had a 61% favorable rating in the poll, his challenger, drj101, had a 73% favorable rating.

With a recent wave of Federalism sweeping over the region, many have asked The Atlasian Laborinth what could be causing the anti-incumbent sentiment. Some were willing to confide in us that a rightward swing in the region has caused them to re-evaluate their sentiments of leadership, while others simply said they would prefer not to say due to political pressure.

Regardless of whatever is ailing the Mideast right now, The Atlasian Laborinth hopes it is not terminal and sends its best wishes for a speedy recovery to those affected.

BREAKING: Since the initial publication of this article, it has been announced that Mideast Governor Tmth will be Keystone Phil's Vice-Presidential candidate.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2013, 08:28:47 PM »

People are clearly too uncomfortable/scared/whatever to voice how they truly feel about, which is unfortunately one area I have failed in as a leader, despite constantly begging folks to let me know how they really feel. Sad

Despite shady polling numbers (which we've seen for months now in the Mideast), it is an honor to have the overwhelming support of The People in the election just a couple weeks ago, and I'll take that as a mandate to keep encouraging bi-partisanship and compromise in the region.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2013, 08:37:06 PM »

Um, sir, point of clarification: Senator Ben and Governor Tmthforu94 are not overweight like that picture depicts them to be.

My clients and I will be pressing charges.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2013, 08:44:21 PM »

Um, sir, point of clarification: Senator Ben and Governor Tmthforu94 are not overweight like that picture depicts them to be.

My clients and I will be pressing charges.

BREAKING NEWS: Governor Scott, citing intimate first-hand knowledge, clarifies body appearances of Ben, Tmth
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 01:46:14 AM »

I would consider the depiction of my personage as overweight as borderline slanderous. However this is a place where freedom of speech is valued and is as sacrosanct as the right to keep and bear arms. Though any future caricatures of JCL should be more reflected with one of the Pauls bodies with the orange Indiana decal.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 02:11:29 AM »

I would consider the depiction of my personage as overweight as borderline slanderous. However this is a place where freedom of speech is valued and is as sacrosanct as the right to keep and bear arms. Though any future caricatures of JCL should be more reflected with one of the Pauls bodies with the orange Indiana decal.

That was actually Tmth (Fed/Orange-IN).
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 02:12:58 AM »

The anti-incumbent sentiment.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2013, 02:55:42 AM »

I don't think that was the intent behind the picture, JCL. I think everyone, or most anyways, know that I am certainly nota fat. Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2013, 03:03:59 AM »

If it'd make you feel better, I could also make an unflattering photo of you as a keepsake. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »

THE ATLASIAN LABORINTH

We Decide, We Report

Volume A, Issue I                                              Price: Your Fair Share

FRUSTRATED FEDERALISTS: ONE MEMBER SPEAKS OUT

The Atlasian Laborinth has received a letter to the editor from a well-respected Federalist whom has chosen to remain anonymous. While we will disclose that this individual is a well-respected Federalist in a strongly conservative region, no other identifying information will be disclosed at the wishes of the author. We'd also like to take the time to mention that while we absolutely condemn everything Federalist-related, we encourage them to speak to this publication when they're totally upset about their horrible party's state of affairs.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2013, 04:08:33 PM »

If I ever gave the impression of being a "conservative" member of the Federalist Party, I deeply apologize to the writer for giving them that impression. You can look years back at my voting record and one think will become evident: I don't vote for a party - I vote for a person.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2013, 04:10:07 PM »

If I ever gave the impression of being a "conservative" member of the Federalist Party, I deeply apologize to the writer for giving them that impression. You can look years back at my voting record and one think will become evident: I don't vote for a party - I vote for a person.

Let the character assassins have their game.  That's the only thing Atlasia is for these days.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2013, 04:28:22 PM »

I apologize to the Federalists who share the author's sentiments. That my candidacy prevented a strictly party line election was an unintended consequence. Hopefully I can make it up to you by being the bestest Senator ever.

By the way, I have the utmost respect for Federalist candidate Goldwater, which I am sure he is aware of. He is running a respectful and dignified campaign and I am enjoying the opportunity to debate the issues with him and the other candidates.

President Napoleon

TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »

One of the challenges of being a rightist in Atlasia is that you need close to a perfect storm to win an At-Large national election in the first place, so it clearly does hurt whenever a member of your party in a leadership position endorses someone else across the ideological aisle. And of course, winning cures all ills on a team and when you're the Atlas right winning is not something you get often. It's not at all surprising that someone here is frustrated.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2013, 07:34:29 AM »

I don't vote for a party - I vote for a person.

Well, let's hope so. Wink
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2013, 08:13:56 PM »

Imagine when your party's regional leader vetoes a bill sponsored (and passed), by his own party?

There hasn't been an effective 'federalist' party for quite some time now. Oh, sure, there are people who claim to be members of the party, but they certainly don't work together with any sense of purpose other than to advance the cause of progressivism through atlasia. I'm not really sure what's the point of bothering to show up to vote, when your voice won't change anything.

So, surprise me Federalists. Give me a reason to vote for you.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »

Imagine when your party's regional leader vetoes a bill sponsored (and passed), by his own party?

There hasn't been an effective 'federalist' party for quite some time now. Oh, sure, there are people who claim to be members of the party, but they certainly don't work together with any sense of purpose other than to advance the cause of progressivism through atlasia. I'm not really sure what's the point of bothering to show up to vote, when your voice won't change anything.

Me.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2013, 08:36:17 PM »

How does the Federalist Party advance the cause of progressivism?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »

How does the Federalist Party advance the cause of progressivism?

The poster you are asking didn't want to vote for Romney because he thought he was as progressive as Obama.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2013, 10:11:33 PM »

When you've got Napoleon on your side, and Federalists on the other, isn't that a clear sign?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies