Current Senate outlook?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:49:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Current Senate outlook?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Current Senate outlook?  (Read 467 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2012, 10:19:25 AM »

Basis (seats not up for election this year)Sad

DEM: 30
GOP: 37

The seats up for election: (* = pick up)

Safe DEM (13): CA, MN, NY, VT, RI, MD, DE, HI, MI, NJ, NM, WA, WV   ---> 43
Safe GOP (6): UT, WY, TX, TN, MS, NE*                                              ---> 43

Lean DEM (3): FL, OH, PA  ---> 46
Lean GOP (3): NV, ND*, IN  ---> 46

Tilt DEM (4): CT, MA*, MO, VA   ---> 50
Tilt GOP (1): AZ                    ---> 47

Toss-up (2): MT, WI

So my prediction:

DEM 50, GOP 47
2 seats up in the air
1 King
---> 100 seats
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »

Nate Silver has WI has Likely Dem
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 11:16:59 AM »

Yeah, Franzl  your prediction is overly GOP leaning by one seat (WI) but other than that its pretty good.

Should end up 51-48+King.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »

The only toss ups right now are Montana and Wisconsin. As of now, I think the Dems pick up Massachusetts and Maine (King is obviously going to caucus with the Dems so I am counting this as a pick up) and the GOP snags Nebraska and North Dakota.

If I had to pick the winners in MT and WI, I'd say the GOP just barely gets both, putting the composition at 51 D - 49 R.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 11:42:19 AM »

The only toss ups right now are Montana and Wisconsin. As of now, I think the Dems pick up Massachusetts and Maine (King is obviously going to caucus with the Dems so I am counting this as a pick up) and the GOP snags Nebraska and North Dakota.

If I had to pick the winners in MT and WI, I'd say the GOP just barely gets both, putting the composition at 51 D - 49 R.

Really?  Isn't Baldwin ahead in nearly all the polls in Wisconsin?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 12:26:47 PM »

Barely. An internal was just released showing her up five so it has to be even. I think undecideds will break for Thompson. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 12:30:38 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2012, 12:36:32 PM by Landslide Lyndon »

Really?  Isn't Baldwin ahead in nearly all the polls in Wisconsin?

Barely. An internal was just released showing her up five so it has to be even. I think undecideds will break for Thompson.  

The only problem is of course that Baldwin routinely breaks 50%, so even if Tommy gets all the undecideds... 
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 01:04:32 PM »

Yeah, Nate Silver has WI at 85% Dem. I don't think there is much to worry about.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 01:25:48 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2012, 02:28:07 PM by Keystone Phil »

Really?  Isn't Baldwin ahead in nearly all the polls in Wisconsin?

The only problem is of course that Baldwin routinely breaks 50%, so even if Tommy gets all the undecideds...  

She broke 50% in an early October poll and late September poll. Every other recent poll had her below 50%.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 04:33:52 PM »

For Thompson to win, he's going to need some serious wind at his back and that means Romney winning Wisconsin.  The way he has been acting and the things he has been caught saying basically destroyed his chances of getting a significant amount of Obama voters. 
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies