How many times can Scott Brown self-destruct in his campaign?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:36:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How many times can Scott Brown self-destruct in his campaign?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many times can Scott Brown self-destruct in his campaign?  (Read 729 times)
sg0508
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2012, 08:56:24 AM »

For what was supposed to be one of the most exciting races in the country is turning into a dud due to missteps by Brown on the campaign trail, in debates and now the latest gem with the asbestos remark.

I think the only question remaining is, will he even win a single county in the state? Perhaps I should have listened to some here who said in the end, the race wouldn't even be that close because it looks like we're going that way.  I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up losing by at least 12 points. 

Terrible.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 09:47:29 AM »

Gosh, what did he say this time? Promised to try to get Scalia appointed head of the MA Asbestos board? Though, come to think about it, that would have, actually, been a popular position in his state Smiley
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 02:39:06 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2012, 12:42:20 AM by Ogre Mage »

Gosh, what did he say this time? Promised to try to get Scalia appointed head of the MA Asbestos board? Though, come to think about it, that would have, actually, been a popular position in his state Smiley

Scott Brown suggested that the family members of asbestos victims who appeared in a TV ad defending Elizabeth Warren's work on the case were actually paid actors.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82572.html?hp=r4

From my outsider's perspective, in September polls began to show Warren inching out to a razor thin lead and it seemed like Team Brown began to panic.  That was when they restarted the over the top Indian attacks, the false asbestos claims, etc.  And Brown has cast a lot of Senate votes which left him open to attack by Warren.  She exploited this in the debates.  I also think his demeanor in the debates did not sit well with women voters.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 07:44:10 PM »

The hand-wringing is a bit trite, sg. Just putting that out there.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 12:34:46 AM »

Ah so that's it. I thought this was the story that a guy who appeared in a Scott Brown ad is supposedly an idiot who's state profane things about Warren and called Obama a Muslim on Facebook.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 01:13:10 AM »

Semi-related, but the Boston Globe's endorsement of Elizabeth Warren, while not surprising, is well written:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2012/10/27/election-endorsement-elizabeth-warren-for-senate/RpqzpCLnVh0epLaNYBpicJ/story.html

The final paragraph is a slapdown of how Brown has run his reelection campaign:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 09:00:48 PM »

For what was supposed to be one of the most exciting races in the country is turning into a dud due to missteps by Brown on the campaign trail, in debates and now the latest gem with the asbestos remark.

I think the only question remaining is, will he even win a single county in the state? Perhaps I should have listened to some here who said in the end, the race wouldn't even be that close because it looks like we're going that way.  I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up losing by at least 12 points. 

Terrible.

Even if Brown bombs out, he'll carry Plymouth. The county often turns in results about 10 or 20 points more Republican than the rest of the state. Brown is also a heavy favorite to win Worcester. Essex, Norfolk, and Barnstable might all go for Warren, but it'd be a pretty big surprise if they did.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies