Whig Party Convention, Columbia, SC (MERGER VOTING!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:21:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party Convention, Columbia, SC (MERGER VOTING!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Whig Party Convention, Columbia, SC (MERGER VOTING!)  (Read 7431 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »

Just FTR, I'll be PMing party members and inform them about the current vote so that more than just three or four people turn out and vote. Or has this already been done?
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2012, 03:26:07 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2012, 03:27:52 PM by Northeast Representative Goldwater »

Just FTR, I'll be PMing party members and inform them about the current vote so that more than just three or four people turn out and vote. Or has this already been done?

No, I was actually planning on doing that but I forgot to do it. Tongue
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2012, 03:31:22 PM »

Aye
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2012, 03:32:14 PM »

No, I was actually planning on doing that but I forgot to do it. Tongue

Alright, it's done. I sent a PM to all members except to myself and Inks, who has already voted. Since you're the boss, you've received a PM as well. Wink

Ok, now let's wait for the verdict!
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2012, 03:48:13 PM »

I'd rather keep the Whig namew but Aye.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »

Federalist.

Abstain
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2012, 05:04:34 PM »

After this vote is over I will hold a vote on what to name the party.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2012, 05:11:13 PM »

Aye
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2012, 05:15:20 PM »

Aye

National Rally sounds cooler btw
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2012, 05:23:37 PM »

I don't want to intervene too much, but shouldn't the Imperial Bloc be voting on this as well ? A merger between two parties generally needs both parties voting clearly in favor. But I'm just saying that.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2012, 05:30:50 PM »

I don't want to intervene too much, but shouldn't the Imperial Bloc be voting on this as well ? A merger between two parties generally needs both parties voting clearly in favor. But I'm just saying that.

SJoyceFla is the leader of the IB & agreed to the merger, so I would assume it's his responsibility to get the IB voting on this.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »

Aye
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »

Aye!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2012, 06:11:24 AM »

AYE
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »

Aye
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2012, 06:11:31 PM »

By a vote of 11-0-1 the Whig Party has officially decided to merge with the Imperial Bloc. A vote on the name of the party will be held after the IB finishes it's vote on the meager.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2012, 09:46:46 PM »

I want to keep the Whig name, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »

Yeah, I understand. The reason I think that wouldn't be a good idea is because it would seem like we are just absorbing the IB, rather than merging with them.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »

Yeah, I understand. The reason I think that wouldn't be a good idea is because it would seem like we are just absorbing the IB, rather than merging with them.

Plus, a merger is an opportunity for a rebranding, a reimaging, and an ability to make a totally new name for this party.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2012, 11:42:30 PM »

And that's something we really need right now.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2012, 12:22:06 AM »

I've been thinking...

I know nothing’s official yet, but while we’re in the midst of this transition, I really think we should do everything we can to welcome the IB into the fold. Officially, this is a merger... but let’s face it—there are a lot more Whigs than Bloc-folk. We need to reach out and prove our willingness to work together.

Let me start by saying I have really appreciated the role our leadership has played since the Supersonic crisis (Goldwater, you’ve been fantastic). That being said, I think we should hold an election for a new interim Chair during this transition phase—it would symbolize our interest in being fair and impartial during the changeover. This Chair would represent the new party (both the IB and the Whigs would initially vote) and preside over the naming of the party, by-law ratification, and the elections for the new executive. That way, we’ve got no illusions of old partisanship coming into the new party. By all means, I’d encourage Goldwater to run in this election, but the election itself would be an important gesture.

And, if I could make a suggestion, I’d actually recommend clarence for this role. I have no idea if he’s interested, but I think he’d be a perfect fit here—he’s a Southerner, he’s got close ties to both parties, and he hasn’t been an active Whig for quite a while. He’s as impartial as you can get. He’s a huge name in Atlasian politics and could really show the country that we’re serious about being a major party.

I move that we hold a vote to an elect an interim Chair during this transition period.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2012, 02:04:19 AM »

I've been thinking...

I know nothing’s official yet, but while we’re in the midst of this transition, I really think we should do everything we can to welcome the IB into the fold. Officially, this is a merger... but let’s face it—there are a lot more Whigs than Bloc-folk. We need to reach out and prove our willingness to work together.

Let me start by saying I have really appreciated the role our leadership has played since the Supersonic crisis (Goldwater, you’ve been fantastic). That being said, I think we should hold an election for a new interim Chair during this transition phase—it would symbolize our interest in being fair and impartial during the changeover. This Chair would represent the new party (both the IB and the Whigs would initially vote) and preside over the naming of the party, by-law ratification, and the elections for the new executive. That way, we’ve got no illusions of old partisanship coming into the new party. By all means, I’d encourage Goldwater to run in this election, but the election itself would be an important gesture.

And, if I could make a suggestion, I’d actually recommend clarence for this role. I have no idea if he’s interested, but I think he’d be a perfect fit here—he’s a Southerner, he’s got close ties to both parties, and he hasn’t been an active Whig for quite a while. He’s as impartial as you can get. He’s a huge name in Atlasian politics and could really show the country that we’re serious about being a major party.

I move that we hold a vote to an elect an interim Chair during this transition period.

Yeah, I was planning on holding a leadership election after the name was decide, but I suppose it would make sense to hold one before then. So I will hold an election for an interim chairman & vice-chairman after IB has officially finished their vote on the merger.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2012, 09:48:57 AM »

Why does it matter that he's a Southerner?  I like clarence, I would want somebody who's not a Southerner so people don't think we're racist.
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »

Southerner ≠ Racist
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2012, 10:47:38 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to: