Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:19:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 144486 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: November 03, 2012, 01:33:17 AM »

So it appears that despite the new setting the writers are just recycling the same old plot lines and plot elements. I'm hoping these are just filler episodes and we have a big twist coming up.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »

Bushie has been fired from more jobs than I've ever held.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 11:20:01 PM »

Bushie makes The Onion a reality: http://www.theonion.com/articles/dad-suggests-arriving-at-airport-14-hours-early,29662/
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 02:00:11 AM »

So the guy who stays in a hotel near work if there's 1" of snow on the ground is in SLC now? Hmmmm....
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 11:23:54 PM »

I just read a few pages, and unless I'm missing something I do not understand why so many here consider this enrapturing.  Tongue

You missed the earlier seasons. Those were the real classics. Summer of 2010 was too amazing for words.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 12:43:30 AM »

There definitely should still be a Bushie movie some day, but we haven't yet reached the thrilling ending of this story yet.

That screenplay I wanted to write would've ended before the Dell job, and completely ignore the Kenya and moving to Utah arcs. That's kind of where it jumped the shark and just became the writers reusing plotlines. Granted it's still amusing to see Bushie get caught in his lies or ignoring obvious advice he needs to follow, that never gets old. I just hope the writers come up with an original curveball of some type.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 11:25:54 AM »

This is one of those things where I can not tell which is worse:

-Bushie's fear he could have a heart attack in walking 1.25 miles or
-Bushie's refusal to drive to 1.25 miles because of SNOW!!!11!!!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 01:25:16 AM »

Imagine if Bushie was a Hollywood director.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 01:31:03 AM »

No I'm thinking more about how much of a nightmare you'd be for the cast.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »

In all fairness to Bushie (can't believe I'm saying that), the "VTO" that he refers to is a common call center thing and not something that one is looked down upon for doing. If they don't need as many people as are staffed and say you can leave, then what are you to blame for? And quite common when call centers are overstaffed before an upcoming rush. Of course working only SIX HOURS a paycheck is downright absurd. The VTO is as the V says, "voluntary", you can opt to stay, quite frankly not taking calls for two hours is all the more reason to stay for me, you're still getting paid. I rarely have taken VTO even when offered in the past (with my new position I probably won't be offered it anymore, they'll always have work for me to do.) At least go to a temp agency or something, sheesh.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 09:11:43 PM »

Bushie if you're going to work OT it makes even less sense to take days off. That'll take you below 40 hours, and thus you lose 1.5x hours of pay for every hour you take off, not just one hour. I take days off all the time with my work's loophole-ridden attendance policies, but never when I'm working OT. That's why I called in last Friday (on the supposed Mayan apocalypse day) to use up my last remaining free off day (since they reset at the end of the year) instead of Saturday which would've given me a normal weekend and then Christmas off. Saturday is the first day of our work week, so it would've cost me in OT (I could backfill the pay since I still have PTO hours, but it wouldn't count toward OT.) As it is my week went Friday off, Saturday work, Sunday off, Monday work, Tuesday off, work four days. Weird, but it worked in terms of what I got paid. If I took Saturday off it wouldn't have been as good.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »

Bushie, you need to start going to shows and hardcore dancing. It's such a workout.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 01:49:27 PM »

Bushie, why do you not want to do something that is both:

1-fun and
2-good exercise and beneficial in losing weight?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 09:43:15 PM »

The doors at my workplace aren't even unlocked (which is done automatically of course) until 30 minutes before opening. So if someone showed up 40 minutes early, they wouldn't even be able to get their badge to open the door. And of course they would be considered rather suspicious as well.

And if someone at my work started showing up 40 minutes early unless they had a valid excuse (carpool starts earlier, something like that), everyone would think they were insane.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 09:08:12 AM »

Thanks to Morden, the whole thing was too complicated for me to determine if there was a blood relation. I guess the answer is no, so yes, no incest. This is no worst than sleeping with your stepsister/stepbrother.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:32 AM »

Eww. 75 is disgusting! I guess if you're sick, you may need it a little warmer to compensate, but other than that I still say the temperature outside doesn't matter one iota. If you're inside, you're inside. As for drafts, why not do something about them rather than raising the thermostat? I duct tape all my window shut during the winter. I also just happened to have put on some weather stripping to the back door because a lot of heat was getting out in the small gap between the door and the floor. I'm the least handy person ever. This stuff is easy.

The problem is, my apartment is brand new, I'm the first resident in the apartment and there are absolutely no drafts in either outside door.  Plus, I'm next to the building's laundry room so its even warmer than usual.  I haven't had to have my heat on a whole lot this fall/winter, yet, but the past few days I have been.  The thing about my heater is its perfectly quiet.  You only know its working because the temperature in the room gets warmer.  The coils under the floor heat up and allow the heat to rise in the room, pushing the cold air to the ceiling.  My heater makes absolutely no noise, whatsoever.
Nothing you said is a problem. A new apartment sounds lovely. And a quiet heater is great. Why would you want a demon furnace? A few years back BRTD mentioned that the heat in his old dumpy building couldn't keep up with the Minnesota cold. That is a problem.

Well a fixed one. I have no problem with the heat right now, and it's 15F outside.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 11:04:18 AM »

Bushie have you ever seen someone preach at church wearing a hoodie?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »

My job is pretty good about having a clear attendance policy. You always know if you're going to get in trouble or get close to firing. I call in "sick" all the time and have never even been on a warning.

Also Bushie, something else I thought of today because I saw it: Have you ever been to a church that had an attractive female preaching?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 09:42:21 PM »

That's really too bad, since that's a huge plus. Not only did we have an attractive female preaching, she dressed like a girl at some Uptown coffee shop instead of doing something formal. Before the service she was even talking about how she had just recently bought the knee-high boots she was wearing because she was trying to procrastinate writing her sermon by shopping.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 09:59:50 PM »

People don't dress up for church anymore? Since when? Whenever I go to greek church everyone is dressed to impress, especially those greek girls...

Those people are probably not hipsters.

Also Bushie is an odd person to be working at a call center with that above post.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 11:31:34 PM »

Yeah, never trust anybody in a suit. Bankers. Lawyers. Politicians. Salesmen. Clergy. The suit is a huge red flag that something is slimy. Door to door vacuum salesman? Jesus! Speaking of clergy, what is your issue with female pastors? Do you find the female form too distracting? Or do you find the male voice more pleasing? What difference does it make, so long as the job is done?

Agreed entirely. Of course clergy who DON'T wear suits are fine. Especially if they are a cute girl wearing knee-high boots and a hipster scarf.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 11:43:31 PM »

Simfan would so hate this dude at my work who works tons of OT so he can save up money to make an investment to start his own clothing line. He's going to start first designing T-shirts, and then move on to hoodies.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 11:15:43 AM »

When we had that late 2010 blizzard that was something like 22 inches and was the first time in 19 years the buses were pulled, I still drove to work, was sent home about two hours later, drove back home, and then walked close to 1.25 miles because the only place I could find to park was a ramp on the edge of downtown and as noted, no buses. Bushie needs to quit being a wuss.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 01:20:17 AM »
« Edited: January 13, 2013, 01:24:03 AM by Swimming The Channel Vs. Driving The Chunnel »

$17/hour in NYC is equivalent to about $10.68/hour in Salt Lake City.

Sheesh, I'd have to make well over $50k/year to get the equivalent of my current income in NYC. And apparentely Minneapolis and Salt Lake City are almost equivalent, with SLC being very marginally more expensive.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2013, 01:28:11 AM »

If you want a really big city, then you should go to Chicago, which is really f**king cheap. In fact it's cheaper than SLC.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies