|           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 30, 2020, 12:00:16 pm
News:
If you are having trouble logging in due to invalid user name / pass:

Consider resetting your account password, as you may have forgotten it over time if using a password manager.

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TæxasGurl, TJ in Oregon, YE)
  Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80 Print
Author Topic: Days of Bushie's Life (Update Thread v4)  (Read 90585 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: January 05, 2013, 08:57:40 pm »

"Weighing myself everyday" yet again igoring what EVERY expert on weight loss will tell you ... stop, let me repeat for effect, STOP weighing yourself so frequently. It's a guaranteed way to screw yourself over. If you don't have the self-discipline to say I'm going to keep on track and only weigh myself once a week ... then you've got NO chance of succeeding long-term.

Have you not read Inks advice?  Is your advice somehow more credible than Inks?  One style does NOT fit all.  I will weigh myself everyday mainly because I HAVE to know how I am doing EVERY single day.  I go crazy otherwise and am even more prone to misjudge how I'm doing.

I'm not challenging Inks advice, but I speak as someone who lost 40lbs and has kept it off for 10 years. All I can say is day to day weighing is a nightmare for someone so easily distracted. I threw out my scales and only measured myself every fortnight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1251 on: January 05, 2013, 09:05:48 pm »

"Weighing myself everyday" yet again igoring what EVERY expert on weight loss will tell you ... stop, let me repeat for effect, STOP weighing yourself so frequently. It's a guaranteed way to screw yourself over. If you don't have the self-discipline to say I'm going to keep on track and only weigh myself once a week ... then you've got NO chance of succeeding long-term.

Have you not read Inks advice?  Is your advice somehow more credible than Inks?  One style does NOT fit all.  I will weigh myself everyday mainly because I HAVE to know how I am doing EVERY single day.  I go crazy otherwise and am even more prone to misjudge how I'm doing.

I'm not challenging Inks advice, but I speak as someone who lost 40lbs and has kept it off for 10 years. All I can say is day to day weighing is a nightmare for someone so easily distracted. I threw out my scales and only measured myself every fortnight.

That may have worked for you, but what works for one person may not work for the next person.  My thing is if I don't weigh everyday, then I am more likely to be overly optimistic about how I've done that day and think myself to have done better than I actually have.  That will lead to sabotage of my own campaign.  The net result is I am more likely to GAIN weight as opposed to lose weight.  You've probably noticed, but I am different than a lot of people.  What works for the average person probably will not work for me and what affects the average person will likely affect me a lot differently.  A couple of examples, caffeine is more of a depressant for me instead of a stimulant (ok, that's not too uncommon, but still) and  I can't lay down with a headache without it getting much worse.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.77, S: -2.09

« Reply #1252 on: January 05, 2013, 09:39:27 pm »

It really depends on your personality.  If you're like me, and can realize weight fluctuates everyday (or becomes motivated when your weight gains in one day), day weighing is good.  Day weighing is what made me lose weight through wrestling.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #1253 on: January 05, 2013, 10:49:23 pm »

This would be impossible for Bushie, who needs something to schedule and track obsessively.  Frequent updates eliminate uncertainty, which he's terrified of.  It doesn't help him any, of course, and you're probably right, but personality disorders are like that Tongue
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1254 on: January 05, 2013, 11:33:26 pm »

This would be impossible for Bushie, who needs something to schedule and track obsessively.  Frequent updates eliminate uncertainty, which he's terrified of.  It doesn't help him any, of course, and you're probably right, but personality disorders are like that Tongue

I know... but that is more likely to lead to failure, because while Inks might understand that weight fluctuates, sometimes (and more likely to be) more wildly while you're trying to lose weight, I don't think Bushie has demonstrated the ability to have the degree of reason required.

Best wishes to him...
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Concerned Citizen

« Reply #1255 on: January 06, 2013, 09:49:31 am »

You could just stop eating crap.. that helps.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1256 on: January 06, 2013, 10:48:49 am »

Sunday!  Sunday is my favorite day of the week.  Why?  It is the day I am able to worship the King of kings and Lord of lords corporately with a body of believers.  Going to church on Sunday is the best way to prepare for Monday-Saturday.  Sunday trumps the other 6 days hands down.  It more often than not gives me renewed strength and courage to face Monday.  Sunday is the first day of the week, and there is no better place to start the week than in God's house.
giving birth to thunder
BRTD
Atlas Institution
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

« Reply #1257 on: January 06, 2013, 11:04:18 am »

Bushie have you ever seen someone preach at church wearing a hoodie?
Kung Flu Grumps
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
China
« Reply #1258 on: January 06, 2013, 11:36:19 am »

Wait, when was Kenya March 2013 even mentioned?  You'd lose your job taking that much time off this early.  Were you going to quit before you went to Kenya?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Concerned Citizen

« Reply #1259 on: January 06, 2013, 12:31:30 pm »

Wait, when was Kenya March 2013 even mentioned?  You'd lose your job taking that much time off this early.  Were you going to quit before you went to Kenya?

For real! Stop taking all this time off. The first vacation I took was in October, over a year after I started with this company.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P

« Reply #1260 on: January 06, 2013, 08:16:41 pm »

I've never understood how he manages to get so much time off.
Kung Flu Grumps
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
China
« Reply #1261 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:23 pm »

I've never understood how he manages to get so much time off.

He loses the job, that's how,  you see.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Concerned Citizen

« Reply #1262 on: January 06, 2013, 08:19:39 pm »

Me either.. I hate taking time off. Even though I get all this PTO time, I'm always fearful I will lose my job because of it. Of course, I don't have my mom to depend on for my expenses if I lose my job, so maybe I have a different view of it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1263 on: January 06, 2013, 08:27:53 pm »

I haven't actually been approved for that time off.  Now that it will be delayed until the Summer time at the earliest, it will be slightly easier.  If I don't get approved for that time off.  Its simple, I'll stay at work and take my trip in March 2014.  I really don't want to wait 2 years to see the kids, but if that is what is required, it is what will have to happen.  I had not committed to this Kenya trip, its just something that I would like to go to.  Like I said, I've got the leave request into my supervisor and its totally his decision.  If he lets me go, great, if not, that's fine I'll just go in March 2014.  I'm not going to purposefully jeopardize my job, so I'm leaving it totally in my supervisor's court.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1264 on: January 06, 2013, 08:41:52 pm »

Me either.. I hate taking time off. Even though I get all this PTO time, I'm always fearful I will lose my job because of it. Of course, I don't have my mom to depend on for my expenses if I lose my job, so maybe I have a different view of it.

Thank God I don't live in the states and fear the sword of Damocles...
Kung Flu Grumps
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
China
« Reply #1265 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:16 pm »

I really don't want to wait 2 years to see the kids,

Roll Eyes
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1266 on: January 06, 2013, 08:49:40 pm »

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1267 on: January 06, 2013, 08:56:31 pm »

Hey, they are my kids and no one can say different.  Maisha considers me their father.
giving birth to thunder
BRTD
Atlas Institution
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1268 on: January 06, 2013, 09:28:33 pm »

My job is pretty good about having a clear attendance policy. You always know if you're going to get in trouble or get close to firing. I call in "sick" all the time and have never even been on a warning.

Also Bushie, something else I thought of today because I saw it: Have you ever been to a church that had an attractive female preaching?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1269 on: January 06, 2013, 09:37:20 pm »

My job is pretty good about having a clear attendance policy. You always know if you're going to get in trouble or get close to firing. I call in "sick" all the time and have never even been on a warning.

Also Bushie, something else I thought of today because I saw it: Have you ever been to a church that had an attractive female preaching?

I don't agree with female preachers.  Its not a big turn off for me, and I have no problem with them actually preaching, but I would not become a member of their church.  I was unnerved at my high school baccalaureate ceremony, because the service was led by a female pastor.  I told my pastor about that and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "if they're not against us, they're for us".  I have a good friend from college (a female) who is a pastor of 2 Methodist churches in Northeast Oklahoma and a Chaplain in the US Navy.  I would never attend her church as a member, but I might go and just visit.
giving birth to thunder
BRTD
Atlas Institution
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1270 on: January 06, 2013, 09:42:21 pm »

That's really too bad, since that's a huge plus. Not only did we have an attractive female preaching, she dressed like a girl at some Uptown coffee shop instead of doing something formal. Before the service she was even talking about how she had just recently bought the knee-high boots she was wearing because she was trying to procrastinate writing her sermon by shopping.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1271 on: January 06, 2013, 09:46:42 pm »

I'm old school and I wish everyone in my church would go back to wearing suits (men) and dresses (women).  I know its the changing culture, but I miss the days where all the men and boys would wear suits and the women and girls would wear dresses.  It was so fun dressing up every Sunday.  I've slacked off myself, but largely that's trying not to overdress from the crowd and stand out for the wrong reasons.  Its not a big deal, but i prefer formal dress at church.

Heck, I'm one of those weird people that like wearing suits more than I like wearing jeans.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1272 on: January 06, 2013, 09:55:26 pm »

People don't dress up for church anymore? Since when? Whenever I go to greek church everyone is dressed to impress, especially those greek girls...
giving birth to thunder
BRTD
Atlas Institution
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1273 on: January 06, 2013, 09:59:50 pm »

People don't dress up for church anymore? Since when? Whenever I go to greek church everyone is dressed to impress, especially those greek girls...

Those people are probably not hipsters.

Also Bushie is an odd person to be working at a call center with that above post.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1274 on: January 06, 2013, 10:03:53 pm »

Those people are probably not hipsters.

I don't go to church to be a hipster. I go to be miserable, sit in an uncomfortable pew and listen to people speak about jesus in greek. Sometimes it's a great message and other times it just reminds me of why I am hellbound.

Oh, and sometimes, I will window shop all the greek girls to see if I can find one to cook and clean up after me, as all good greek girls do.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 80 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies