Halperin: Both campaigns complaining about Crowley
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:04:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Halperin: Both campaigns complaining about Crowley
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Halperin: Both campaigns complaining about Crowley  (Read 460 times)
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:19:08 AM »

Because she appeared to indicate a renegment on her MOU vis-a-vis format.

http://thepage.time.com/2012/10/14/moderator-role-under-scrutiny-before-the-debate/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »

If both sides hate it, it's probably a good thing.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yep, that's a good thing.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 11:33:01 AM »

Drudge's headline from earlier today was awesome:

CANDY: TRICK OR TREAT?

http://drudgereport.com/

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »

I hate these.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen. We're going to pretend to let you ask questions directly of the candidates, but actually they'll be answering my own questions which I shall attempt to relate tangentially to your concerns."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 01:38:30 PM »

I hate these.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen. We're going to pretend to let you ask questions directly of the candidates, but actually they'll be answering my own questions which I shall attempt to relate tangentially to your concerns."
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »

If this spares us from hearing ignorant questions like, "How has the national debt personally affected each of your lives?", then I'm entirely in favor of more active moderation.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 03:46:16 PM »

If this spares us from hearing ignorant questions like, "How has the national debt personally affected each of your lives?", then I'm entirely in favor of more active moderation.

I agree. In addition if (for example) a candidate gets asked "What is your favorite flavor ice cream?" and the candidate response "Sprinkles are really great. Some people call them jimmies, which is cool and all, and I respect the people that do --but they're pretty good. My opponent here will tell you that peanut butter topping is the best, but what you need to know is that peanut butter topping will increase the deficit and destroy America."

...and then the moderator should go "Candidate X, you spoke about your favorite topping --but what is your favorite ice cream?"
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »

The rules are pretty clear in stating "The moderator will not ask follow-up questions or comment on either the questions asked by the audience or the answers of the candidates during the debate or otherwise intervene in the debate except to acknowledge the questioners from the audience or enforce the time limits, and invite candidate comments during the two-minute response period"

All politicians fear follow-up questions. They memorize standard answers for every possible question but those often dont stand up to scrutiny. Romney's tax plan and Obama's Bengazi answers are obvious opportunities for hard hitting follow-ups which neither wants to have to get into.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies