Normal Signals, One Big Cluster ....?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:58:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Normal Signals, One Big Cluster ....?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Normal Signals, One Big Cluster ....?  (Read 231 times)
Wonkish1

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 15, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »

Is anybody else having the feeling that in this election the normal signals we use to predict these things are way more chaotic than normal?

So much of it is contradictory. The supposed more R leaning polls occasionally throw up huge swings to the Obama, the more D leanings polls occasionally throw up huge swings to Romney. The party ID numbers are all over the board like we haven't seen before. Polling has gotten so volatile that one journalist for a major media company even wrote an article titled, "The day polling died".

A state that has new registration numbers looking good for one party has the other party looking increasingly better in the polls. The early voting is running also running contrary to poll momentum in certain states.

In most instances all of these things tend to move in tandem. Both 2004 and 2008 were much more stable and predictable in terms of early signals. Today it's increasingly getting more and more frustrating to try to analyze these things.

I'm sure I'm not alone on this and I'm sure it's shared on both sides.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies