Colorado Newspaper Endorses Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:43:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Colorado Newspaper Endorses Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colorado Newspaper Endorses Obama  (Read 526 times)
wan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:33:54 PM »

http://www.dailycamera.com/editorials/ci_21760510/four-more-years-support-barack-obamas-second-term

Faced with the worst economy since the Great Depression, we supported Barack Obama for president back in 2008, hoping to end our wars and steady the economy. And it was easy: In 2008 Obama ran a positive, charged campaign, one that is unrecognizable with the tempered campaign for re-election.

But we don't seem to remember thinking Obama was going to instantly launch us from the abyss of the George W. Bush era -- an accusation of bright-eyed naivete that is frequently used by people, including members of Congress, determined to make Obama one-term president before he even took office after the election. So we checked.

From the Camera's 2008 endorsement: "While we certainly don't believe that Obama will usher in a revolutionary wave of transformation to the nation's capitol, we do believe his steady, calm leadership is vital both as this nation steers its way through a potentially crippling economic crisis and attempts to extract itself from an ill-advised war in Iraq."

Today, we still support our president, and we endorse him for president for a second term. And we still don't believe he will usher revolutionary transformation into Washington. But we certainly hope the U.S. Congress will agree that having the lowest approval rating in history might be a sign that doing very little -- abusing the filibuster, and refusing to work together on critical legislation that the economy needs -- isn't what most Americans want.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 11:44:58 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2012, 11:46:31 PM by 5280 »

Oh wow, another Obama article by Erika.  I'm not surprised, it's from Boulder also, the Liberal infested city. She's clinging to the remaining CO dems like a zombie with no brain.  Secondly, she is reinterating all the DNC talking points from back in August, nothing ground breaking here, just smoke and mirrors.  I wasn't expecting 'Hope and Change' from Obama back in 2008, but all we got was high unemployment rates, over 24 million people unemployed and over $16 trillion in debt.  Four more years, expect the same results and the US going down the toilet.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:46:16 PM »

It's kind of amazing how much stock people put in what they think politicians can do...
wan
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 11:51:38 PM »

Oh wow, another Obama article by Erika.  I'm not surprised, it's from Boulder also, the Liberal infested city. She's clinging to the remaining CO dems like a zombie with no brain.  Secondly, she is reinterating all the DNC talking points from back in August, nothing ground breaking here, just smoke and mirrors.  I wasn't expecting 'Hope and Change' from Obama back in 2008, but all we got was high unemployment rates, over 24 million people unemployed and over $16 trillion in debt.  Four more years, expect the same results and the US going down the toilet.

There you go again Smiley
Cliffy
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 12:05:29 AM »

So basically a liberal paper in a liberal town endorsed Obama?  Where's the news?
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 12:22:07 AM »

The what paper?

The only paper that means anything is the Denver Post and they mean nothing since they have a monopoly on state-wide newspaper "news".
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 12:27:01 AM »

I will agree that "who?" seems like a proper response to this.

Also, I'll echo a sentiment made in the last thread that we should have a stickied "Endorsements" thread of some sort. I feel like there were such things in previous elections and they kept things much cleaner.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 12:43:09 AM »

There you go again Smiley
Since you posted an article from your 'Boulder paper', I'm found an article saying Romney is best suited for presidency.  It's from Longmont, in the same county from Boulder. It's an editorial.

http://www.timescall.com/opinion/editorial/ci_21760065/romney-best-suited-presidency
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 06:37:11 AM »

We don't need a new thread for every newspaper endorsement.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 01:52:17 PM »

Look, the Kansas City Kansan has something on Gary Johnson.

http://www.kckansan.com/2012/10/why-im-voting-for-gary-johnson-and.html

It'll cause as much of an impact as this.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »

Newspaper endorsements mean nothing unless they are unlikely  (Dallas Morning News endorsing a Democrat).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies