Ron Paul Won't Endorse Romney, Sees "Essentially No Difference"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:01:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul Won't Endorse Romney, Sees "Essentially No Difference"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ron Paul Won't Endorse Romney, Sees "Essentially No Difference"  (Read 1218 times)
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 05:14:28 PM »

What? The Republican Party created a world where everyone else is illegitimate, not Ron Paul. If anything, the so called "cult" of Ron Paul is a reaction to the cult of Obama, Bush, and Clinton.

The fact that you put the "cult" of Ron Paul on par with actual presidents Bush Obama and Clinton speaks to this delusion. Paul was only and will always be a second rate candidate for either the libertarian cause or the repub banner. case closed.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 05:20:44 PM »

What? The Republican Party created a world where everyone else is illegitimate, not Ron Paul. If anything, the so called "cult" of Ron Paul is a reaction to the cult of Obama, Bush, and Clinton.

The fact that you put the "cult" of Ron Paul on par with actual presidents Bush Obama and Clinton speaks to this delusion. Paul was only and will always be a second rate candidate for either the libertarian cause or the repub banner. case closed.
A cult of personality around a president who's a war criminal, eg, is more legitimate than another, non war criminal, national politician just because he hasn't been specifically elected President? I'm not sure I buy that. All cults of personality are equally bad ideas, and they are based in ideas and beliefs, and not in the persons power ipso facto.

That said, I think you're probably just kinda butthurt that Ron Paul's supporters aren't as weak-spined as everyone else (in both parties) that just allow their views to be chosen for them by party leaders.
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 05:30:45 PM »

A cult of personality around a president who's a war criminal, eg, is more legitimate than another, non war criminal, national politician just because he hasn't been specifically elected President? I'm not sure I buy that. All cults of personality are equally bad ideas, and they are based in ideas and beliefs, and not in the persons power ipso facto.

That said, I think you're probably just kinda butthurt that Ron Paul's supporters aren't as weak-spined as everyone else (in both parties) that just allow their views to be chosen for them by party leaders.

No it is much more pragmatic than something to do with their personality traits. In my view if you're affiliated with a cause, put your name next to it, campaign on it even, then you have to also work within the framework which is provided by that organization. Paul supporters have shown time and again a disregard for the framework provided and contempt for those who disagree. That is not how I believe they should be handling themselves. If you want a more libertarian repub party then work within that organization and its framework absolutely. If you feel you cannot work with those and show a disregard for their rules then by all means there is a libertarian party to go to, or found a new party if you're so ideologically opposed to those you claim as "team members." as my grandma used to say you can't have one foot in the pool and another on the ice rink. pick what you want to do/be and just make it happen, cause this whole I'm for but not, I support but don't, is cheap jockeying for attention and thoroughly unproductive.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 07:07:28 PM »

as my grandma used to say you can't have one foot in the pool and another on the ice rink.

Ron Paul >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your grandma.

/thread
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »

Can't debate with logic so an attack on someone's grandma ensues from a Ron Paul supporter. I'd say I'm shocked but im not. my belief that a typical Ron Paul supporter is a poorly informed ideologue with an identity crisis grows stronger.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 05:13:22 AM »

And the Paulites wonder why the rest of us treat them with so much suspicion and distaste...

If it means anything to Ron Paul, if this situation was reversed and it was Ron Paul against Barack Obama, I wouldn't return the favor. I'd just flat-out vote for Obama.

I respect Paul very much...but I feel like I'd have to vote Obama against him. Drones are important.

I hope this is trolling.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies