Ron Paul Won't Endorse Romney, Sees "Essentially No Difference"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:28:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul Won't Endorse Romney, Sees "Essentially No Difference"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Ron Paul Won't Endorse Romney, Sees "Essentially No Difference"  (Read 1217 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 14, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/13191-ron-paul-wont-endorse-romney-sees-essentially-no-difference

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'm not surprised and obviously disagree with the "essentially no difference" but give him credit for sticking to his principles. Will he endorse Johnson I guess is the question now.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »

God, I hope so.

wan
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/item/13191-ron-paul-wont-endorse-romney-sees-essentially-no-difference

I'm not surprised and obviously disagree with the "essentially no difference" but give him credit for sticking to his principles. Will he endorse Johnson I guess is the question now.

If you write-in Ron Paul's name for president in 2012, your vote WILL count -- at least in Alabama, Iowa, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, California, Vermont, New Hampshire, Delaware, Rhode Island, and Maine (so far -- more states may yet be on the way).
That's according to an October 5, 2012 posting on The Daily Paul.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 02:26:27 PM »

Hardly a suprise, considering he did not endorse McCain in 2008.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »

Classic Ron Paul... Love it!
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »

And the Paulites wonder why the rest of us treat them with so much suspicion and distaste...

If it means anything to Ron Paul, if this situation was reversed and it was Ron Paul against Barack Obama, I wouldn't return the favor. I'd just flat-out vote for Obama.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:38:07 PM »

And the Paulites wonder why the rest of us treat them with so much suspicion and distaste...

If it means anything to Ron Paul, if this situation was reversed and it was Ron Paul against Barack Obama, I wouldn't return the favor. I'd just flat-out vote for Obama.
Yeah, them and their annoying 'principles'. Why don't they just fall in line regardless of how they feel?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »

Yeah, them and their annoying 'principles'. Why don't they just fall in line regardless of how they feel?

I couldn't have said this better.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »

Seeing as how he's retiring and doesn't need the R next to his name to get re-elected, I wonder if Paul will finally leave the GOP for good. One can hope.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 03:06:12 PM »

Was anyone expecting him to endorse Romney
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 03:10:16 PM »

Considering what happened in the primaries...yes.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 03:22:07 PM »

He might be borderline .... but he sticks to his guns.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 03:22:18 PM »

I think he'll do his son a favor and not endorse Johnson.
後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »

Why is this assumption that any view becomes a good idea simply because people clap their hands and BELIEVE. I'm sure there are plenty of other crazy ideas tons of people believe from the bottom of their hearts. Needless to say, none of those ideas will find their way into a major party platform either.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »

Thank goodness, I would lose all respect for him if he did endorse Romney like his son. I've always wondered why he is a Republican, when he really isn't all that "Republican".
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »

Why is this assumption that any view becomes a good idea simply because people clap their hands and BELIEVE. I'm sure there are plenty of other crazy ideas tons of people believe from the bottom of their hearts. Needless to say, none of those ideas will find their way into a major party platform either.
So you're seriously suggesting that people drop unpopular ideas and just listen to the majority? Almost no progress would have ever been made if people did not stick to previously unpopular beliefs. You're a really scary creature in a democracy, man.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2012, 07:35:15 PM »

He's not even saying he had good views. Merely that he was sticking to his views, regardless of political concerns; in other words, he wasn't being Mitt.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2012, 09:05:29 PM »

Let's see, a GOP without Paul or a GOP without Stegosaurus. Difficult choice indeed.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »

RON PAUL 2016
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »

I respect Paul very much...but I feel like I'd have to vote Obama against him. Drones are important.
technical support
thrillr1111
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 09:58:33 AM »

Ron Paul supporters should vote obama
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 01:49:20 PM »

Care to elaborate? Paul supporters tend to have different priorities than Obama; for instance, liberty ranks high on the list of things Paul supporters like, while it's near the bottom of Obama's.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 01:53:21 PM »

Care to elaborate? Paul supporters tend to have different priorities than Obama; for instance, liberty ranks high on the list of things Paul supporters like, while it's near the bottom of Obama's.
While your original question is a worthy one, as I, too, don't really see a ton of connection between the two candidates, you unfortunately then proceeded to garble off a bunch of deluded nonsense, which is, at best, rather unfortunate.

So let's ty to actually have the discussion: Indeed, thrillr, why should Ron Paul supporters decide to vote for Obama, especially when there is at least some sort of Libertarian candidate?
Orion0
Rookie
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 6.06, S: -5.74

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »

Ron Paul... If this is his blaze of glory then it's a pretty sad sight. IMO you either have an R by your name and vote accordingly, or you're an independent (or d obviously). Clearly not happy with the way the repub party going he's created a world where everything but himself is illegitimate. Not a way to win elections, and certainly not a way to win friends, but enough to win support of others who view the world and its various power structures as illegitimate. Time to bury this dead horse and move on, Ron Paul is over. And this coming from an admitted libertarian. I don't have much hope for his offspring either despite believing that the republican party will become more libertarian as time goes on.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »

Good. Romney is not worthy of it.

Paul is not going to endorse. He is going to tell his supporters to make their minds up between Romney, Johnson, and Goode, and maybe even Stein, and vote accordingly.

Ron Paul... If this is his blaze of glory then it's a pretty sad sight. IMO you either have an R by your name and vote accordingly, or you're an independent (or d obviously). Clearly not happy with the way the repub party going he's created a world where everything but himself is illegitimate. Not a way to win elections, and certainly not a way to win friends, but enough to win support of others who view the world and its various power structures as illegitimate. Time to bury this dead horse and move on, Ron Paul is over. And this coming from an admitted libertarian. I don't have much hope for his offspring either despite believing that the republican party will become more libertarian as time goes on.
What? The Republican Party created a world where everyone else is illegitimate, not Ron Paul. If anything, the so called "cult" of Ron Paul is a reaction to the cult of Obama, Bush, and Clinton.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies