PPP -- Obama lead cut in half in Nevada.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:09:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP -- Obama lead cut in half in Nevada.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP -- Obama lead cut in half in Nevada.  (Read 840 times)
pa2011
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »

Obama 51 Romney 47, down from a 9 point lead. When you consider Gary Johnson, Obama's lead actually shrinks to 1, 48 to 47. A huge turnout of Hispanics will be key for Obama's chances to keep the state.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2012/10/obama-heller-lead-in-nevada-1.html
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 05:47:20 PM »

If that's the best Romney can do now, it's safe to say he's not carrying the state. If I was on his campaign I'd be shifting any resources in the west to Colorado.
pa2011
Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 06:00:25 PM »

If  Romney were to give up on Nevada, he  would have almost no path for victory if he were to lose Ohio and Wisconsin.  Obama would still have 271 electoral votes, even if Romney won New Hampshire, Colorado, Virginia, Florida and Iowa.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »

If that's the best Romney can do now, it's safe to say he's not carrying the state. If I was on his campaign I'd be shifting any resources in the west to Colorado.

Some focus groups showed Romney's numbers improving with Hispanic women after the debate.  It was a subset of Walmart Moms. 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 07:08:40 PM »

Some focus groups showed Romney's numbers improving with Hispanic women after the debate.  It was a subset of Walmart Moms. 

Oh good, finally the focus numbers for Hispanic women with children who go to Wal-Mart are in.  I am sure we can draw very robust conclusions for that tiny sub-sample of a focus group (when focus groups are so useful to begin with.)

I think you just wanted to say "Wal-Mart moms."
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 07:13:56 PM »

Oh good, finally the focus numbers for Hispanic women with children who go to Wal-Mart are in.  I am sure we can draw very robust conclusions for that tiny sub-sample of a focus group (when focus groups are so useful to begin with.)

No, but it was interesting that they noted it.  We don't really have good polling on the demographic (at last that I've looked at) and I'm worried that Obama's support there is being underpolled.
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 07:30:36 PM »

Yeah Romney is not taking my home state.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »

No, but it was interesting that they noted it.  We don't really have good polling on the demographic (at last that I've looked at) and I'm worried that Obama's support there is being underpolled.

We don't have solid polling in that demographic in great part because it's a relatively small subsample...but your alternative is a focus group?  How big of a "female Hispanic parents who shop at Wal-Mart" sample did this focus group involve?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 07:47:46 PM »

We don't have solid polling in that demographic in great part because it's a relatively small subsample...but your alternative is a focus group?  How big of a "female Hispanic parents who shop at Wal-Mart" sample did this focus group involve?

I was thinking more along the line of Hispanic women.  Or even post debate Hispanic voters.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 07:52:10 PM »

We know there's chronic under-polling of democrats in NV.... which I generally don't understand...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 07:52:39 PM »

We know there's chronic under-polling of democrats in NV.... which I generally don't understand...

Hispanics with cell phones who don't speak English.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »

That... makes sense...
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »

That... makes sense...

Older Hispanics?  2nd 3rd generation probably speak English.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 09:50:51 PM »

Dems have been surging in voter registration in Nevada. In Clark County, they've reached a 119,000 voter edge, nearly the 125,000 they had in 2008. Ralston notes they brought in 15,000 new registrations on Saturday.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/charlie-mahtesian/2012/10/dem-edge-grows-in-key-nevada-county-137832.html?hp=r8
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 09:52:52 PM »

That is still down.  When does registration end?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2012, 09:54:51 PM »

That is still down.  When does registration end?

J.J., it is lower than 2008, marginally, but well up from where it was after the 2010 elections.

Obama won by what, 17 points in 2008? Something absurd like that? He has a bigger margin of error here than he did in a state like Virginia or Colorado.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 09:57:18 PM »

12.5 points.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies