Reaganfan the Republican...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:47:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Reaganfan the Republican...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Reaganfan the Republican...  (Read 6128 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2004, 03:16:24 PM »

And all this pre-supposes that our political histories are somehow interesting and that we're gonna post them here. Smiley

my thoughts exactly.  Actually, psychology is far more interesting than sociology, to some.  But most of this will have been posted, in bits and pieces, elsewhere though.  the nice part about such subjective postings is that no one has to be consistent.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2004, 03:20:23 PM »

And all this pre-supposes that our political histories are somehow interesting and that we're gonna post them here. Smiley

my thoughts exactly.  Actually, psychology is far more interesting than sociology, to some.  But most of this will have been posted, in bits and pieces, elsewhere though.  the nice part about such subjective postings is that no one has to be consistent.

I am consistent...despite my quote... Smiley I actully dislike inconsistency. Grin
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2004, 03:21:36 PM »

We can edit our own postings at any time, right?  If I change position of something, I can just update my Individual Politics thread, thus remaining just as inconsistent as before. Smiley
dunn

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2004, 03:21:38 PM »

I am consistent...despite my quote... Smiley I actully dislike inconsistency. Grin
that was no 7000
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2004, 03:22:27 PM »

that was no 7000

Lol, don't talk about it...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2004, 10:42:30 PM »

I want to get a Bush/Cheney t-shirt to tick off my liberal teachers.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2004, 11:46:57 PM »

I got something even better.  It's from 2000 and says "Bush and Gore make me wanna Ralph!"   and www.votenader.org

It cost ten dollars and I wore it quite a bit four years ago.  worth every penny.  It's time to dust it off and start wearing it again!   Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2004, 08:05:07 AM »
« Edited: April 01, 2004, 08:21:11 AM by Reaganfan »

No, I want a Bush-Cheney t-shirt. Or at least a Bush button. Oh and I just past 500 posts. I am a YaBB GOD!!!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

venite en pantheon.  Dominus Reaganfan, deus noster.  In nominum patri et filus et spiritus sanctum.  

Look Obebo, private schooling does yield some additional value.  (yeah, right.  dead languages and cheesey neckties.)

get yer shirt at http://www.georgewbush.com/  only $13.95
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2004, 02:28:41 PM »

venite en pantheon.  Dominus Reaganfan, deus noster.  In nominum patri et filus et spiritus sanctum.  

Look Obebo, private schooling does yield some additional value.  (yeah, right.  dead languages and cheesey neckties.)

You seem to know your Latin. Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2004, 04:14:39 PM »

You believe they have a Bush/Rice website?
http://www.bushrice04.org/
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2004, 04:38:35 PM »

Its not that I like private schooling so much, its that I dislike public schooling.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2004, 05:04:17 PM »

Your opinion. Anyway, in 2008 I hope to see a Giuliani/Rice vs Clinton/Breaux race with Rudy the victor.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2004, 10:06:42 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2004, 10:09:10 AM by Ben »

Told my parents to vote for Bush in 1992! (the shame!!!)… mainly my late grandmothers influence, she and her family were republicans till way back as far as I can tell, my mother voted for Bush, probably to stop me going on about it… dad voted for Clinton but both wavered over Perot from what they tell me…  

My dad’s family where and are long time blue collar dems (mostly from PA)… mothers’ family is split her dad’s family where from the Midwest (WI mostly) and where liberal republicans, became Dems in the 1930’s and pretty much all changed back in the late 1970’s and 1980’s to support Reagan, my grandfather voted for Bush in 92 and then Clinton in 96, voted for Gore in 00….

When first voted in 2000 I was pretty liberal however I’ve got more and more moderate also become more religious (catholic) too so that might have something to do with it, use to really dislike the DLC and the Clintonites these days I find my self agreeing with them a hell of a lot of the time… scary what time and maturity do to your radicalism… but then again I think of my self as “a practical progressive” there are different tools that can be used to further the goals that our party has stood for, the tools of the 30’s or 60’s can’t still be expected to work and that’s what the liberal dems don’t get…

Add to that I think that a lot of welfare related issues should be left up to the state… but sometimes I vary over by how much I want the states to be responsible…. There should really be a very basic federal framework that the states can build upon or leave as it is for that kinda thing IMHO but there has to be a framework…

And that’s me….                  
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2004, 05:05:25 PM »

EVERYBODY VOTE BUSH!!! Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2004, 07:39:47 PM »

Told my parents to vote for Bush in 1992! (the shame!!!)…            

shame.  i hear ya.  mama and me voted for bill (both times ouch)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2004, 08:56:08 PM »

Well, my teachers call me an "Alex Keaton"
dunn

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2004, 04:53:14 AM »

Well, my teachers call me an "Alex Keaton"
lol
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2004, 07:02:16 AM »

Well, they do. By the way, did you know "Family Ties" was Ronald Reagan's favorite show?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2004, 11:44:07 AM »

he liked jelly beans too.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2004, 03:42:16 PM »

Thing i later found out was Reagan liked licorice jelly beans the most. They were my favorite as a little kid...
zachman

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2004, 04:01:43 PM »

Were those ones black jelly beans? I hated those.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2004, 10:07:58 PM »

Yeah, the black jelly beans. love them.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2004, 09:59:59 AM »

I just bought an entire Bush package. A pin, a button, a hat, a t-shirt, 10 bumper stickers, and 5 yard signs. I am a BIG GWB fan. Man, if the election were in 2003, it would rhyme. GWB in 2003! So, I guess I just say GWB in 2004!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies