Obama supposedly left debate thinking he won.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 08:46:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama supposedly left debate thinking he won.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Obama supposedly left debate thinking he won.  (Read 2958 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »

Obama was born in dugout and thinks he's Babe Ruth.

What the hell does this even mean? Seriously.

It means that Obama has (or had) a highly inflated view of his own abilities.

That was frankly about as inarticulate and incomprehensible a "burn" I've ever heard.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »

That was frankly about as inarticulate and incomprehensible a "burn" I've ever heard.

It was in response to another:

Mitt was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple.

You chose not to quote it in full.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »

The first analogy made sense regardless of whether one agrees with it or not. Its accompanying presence or absence makes your retort no less indecipherable.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 08:31:53 PM »

The first analogy made sense regardless of whether one agrees with it or not. Its accompanying presence or absence makes your retort no less indecipherable.

I think most folks understood it in that context. 
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 09:49:32 PM »

LOL at this.  It wasn't well crafted yet easily comprehensible.

JJ is more right because Badger is overreaching with the "incomprehensible" line of crap.  ...I wanted to call it a tie, but I'm to objective to allow my feelings to influence my decisions.   
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »

The overwhelming vast majority of people who are born in families with a networth of around 1-5 million or so do not accumulate $250 million. Regardless of your snide political opinions - both Romney and Obama are remarkable men.

George Romney was worth more than $5 million in today's dollars. Mitt was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, there is no denying that. He had significant advantages that President Obama and 98% of  all Americans did not. I don't care if Mitt donated all his inheritance to BYU; he had already gotten the leg-up due to his father's connections well before he died. Mitt had ran Bain Capital for 10 years before his father's death.

George Romney also built his wealth honorably, by being the President of a company that produced a product of value for customers and hired several hundred thousand middle class workers. Mitt Romney, on the other hand, built his wealth through Wall-Street overleveraging that built value for the select few, while leaving desolate communities to pick up the tab.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 10:37:07 PM »

The overwhelming vast majority of people who are born in families with a networth of around 1-5 million or so do not accumulate $250 million. Regardless of your snide political opinions - both Romney and Obama are remarkable men.

George Romney was worth more than $5 million in today's dollars.
I honestly have no idea what he was worth.  He took $1 for his salary when he took over a struggling AMC
Mitt was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, there is no denying that. actually there is, neither of us know the exact experience of his childhood.  George was probably tougher  than my working class dad, which completely unravels your argument.  Also, my connections from caddying at the country club made me better 'connected' than the kids who were members.
He had significant advantages that President Obama and 98% of  all Americans did not.
Like what? Nobody bought a house for Mitt Romney, Tony Resko did for Obama = significant advantage Obama
I don't care if Mitt donated all his inheritance to BYU; he had already gotten the leg-up due to his father's connections how? Mitt's dad made companies Mitt invested in grow magically? George had some unknown political power in Massachusetts years after he left politics? well before he died. Mitt had ran Bain Capital for 10 years before his father's death.  You must be talking about the occasional dinner George would treat Mitt's young family to

George Romney also built his wealth honorably, by being the President of a company that produced a product of value for customers and hired several hundred thousand middle class workers. Mitt Romney, on the other hand, built his wealth through Wall-Street overleveraging that built value for the select few, while leaving desolate communities to pick up the tab.
Right, George was honorable by running (and saving) a company that made a product and
Mitt wasn't honorable by running  (and saving) and investing in many companies that made many products, wait.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »

George Romney was worth more than $5 million in today's dollars.
I honestly have no idea what he was worth.  He took $1 for his salary when he took over a struggling AMC
Mitt was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, there is no denying that. actually there is, neither of us know the exact experience of his childhood.  George was probably tougher  than my working class dad, which completely unravels your argument.  Also, my connections from caddying at the country club made me better 'connected' than the kids who were members.
He had significant advantages that President Obama and 98% of  all Americans did not.
Like what? Nobody bought a house for Mitt Romney, Tony Resko did for Obama = significant advantage Obama
I don't care if Mitt donated all his inheritance to BYU; he had already gotten the leg-up due to his father's connections how? Mitt's dad made companies Mitt invested in grow magically? George had some unknown political power in Massachusetts years after he left politics? well before he died. Mitt had ran Bain Capital for 10 years before his father's death.  You must be talking about the occasional dinner George would treat Mitt's young family to

Right, George was honorable by running (and saving) a company that made a product and
Mitt wasn't honorable by running  (and saving) and investing in many companies that made many products, wait.

This
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »

LOL at this.  It wasn't well crafted yet easily comprehensible.

JJ is more right because Badger is overreaching with the "incomprehensible" line of crap.  ...I wanted to call it a tie, but I'm to objective to allow my feelings to influence my decisions.   

Duly noted and, considering the source, ignored.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »

"He took $1 for his salary"

Many executive do that. The vast majority of executive compensation is not in the form of salaries.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies