Any Other Dems Slightly Scared Now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:39:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Any Other Dems Slightly Scared Now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Any Other Dems Slightly Scared Now?  (Read 5835 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2012, 07:15:14 AM »

People: you're trying to reason with someone who has repeatedly claimed that Obama is a Muslim. He's either a troll of the first degree or a delusional idiot. Either way...
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2012, 07:15:51 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Which is why if you are equally smart as a black person - that black person is more likely to get into harvard, etc?

Yes, reverse racism does happen. Happens all the time actually. Why doesn't the NBA have a 'white people quota' mandating that at least half of the players be white? After all, that's what Black people demand, quota based hiring.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2012, 07:17:01 AM »

This is a very valid question.

Hey, Opebo, if 38 percent of Whites support Obama, and only 4 percent of blacks support Romney, does that mean that whites are actually 900 percent less racist?

100% of black voters before 2008 have voted for white candidates. Plenty of white voters never have, and some of them never will.

beautiful observation.  If there's one thing in this country I hate is "reverse racism"... the disgusting idea that whites are somehow just as victimized. A pathetic argument by ignorant people.  
[/quote]More to the point, it is a semi-accepted way to vent hardcore racist sentiment.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: October 07, 2012, 07:17:33 AM »

Sibboleth - you agree with Opebo that only white people can be racist?

Isn't that a prima facie racist statement?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »

It's not about white or black. opebo, your attempts to interject race into the issue here is not as convincing. Of course anyone, personally, can harbor racist attitudes. The academic meaning of the term means something entirely different.

Look; when black voters have been given a choice of a white Democrat or a black Republican, they have overwhelming supported the white Democrat; and when white Republicans get that choice, they overwhelmingly support the black member of their own party. Even black Democrats who run racially tinged campaigns in primaries against white Democrats lose. Remember that 90 percent of blacks were Democratic even when the GOP had its pre Obama majorities. It was not Obama that made them Democratic. Overall, the effect of race on voting is overestimated, especially for younger people.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 12:12:53 PM by Politico »

No.  The jobs numbers negated the debate.  It's over.  Obama loses NC and IN, but wins all his states from '08.

Excuse me, but it would take 17 years of 114,000 jobs per month to create 23 million jobs. This year is worse than last year, and last year was worse than the year before that. 50% of college graduates this year have been unable to find work. 50%! Finally, if labor participation were still at the levels seen four years ago, if so many people had not given up hope, unemployment would be over 11% today. Do you really believe people want four more years of the last four years?

One, the American public is not stupid. Two, the American public is increasingly catching on to the scheming of the left-wing LGBT activists embedded (closeted, in many cases) within much of the media (even non-political and moderate gays are becoming aware of the out-of-touch reporting and why it is happening).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2012, 12:12:57 PM »

Look; when black voters have been given a choice of a white Democrat or a black Republican, they have overwhelming supported the white Democrat; and when white Republicans get that choice, they overwhelmingly support the black member of their own party.

Yes, this is precisely because 1) whites perceive the GOP as the party which will take care of their interests and keep blacks in a 'second-class citizen' condition, and 2) Blacks perceive the Democratic Party as their only hope to avoid complete subjugation. 

However what we're talking about here is not all voters, but just one very narrow subset of voters - white swing voters (who are mostly working class voters).  This group is in a very unusual position of actually considering voting in their own economic interests despite their racism - only a very small minority of white voters ever consider voting this way, and they've only done so because Romney was, prior to the debate, perceived as so very plutocratic.  In this case, the face on the TV screen does matter.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 12:26:05 PM by Frodo »

I'm not, but I'm glad others are.  I thought we were getting too complacent about eventual victory in November, so Obama's poor performance in the first debate should provide a useful kick in the ass to remind us this election is not yet won.

Throughout the remainder of this month, we are going to lock this election down.  This is the last victory Romney will ever have.  He should savor it while it lasts.  
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2012, 12:51:03 PM »

Let's see, my next door neighbor had to go on welfare because her dress making business suffered.  The local pastor filed for bankruptcy.  My play nephew can't find a job, despite a degree from Millersville.  About a quarter of the businesses in my neighborhood have closed.

[sarcasm]I'm so glad we have a president that helps black people.[/sarcasm]
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2012, 01:08:12 PM »

As a fellow white person, I want to apologize for all my ivory brothers and sisters who like to complain about reverse racism, as if it's just as big a problem. It's almost as bad as Evangelical Christians who think that their faith is under attack.

And yes, most Democrats still seem to be stuck in 2004, and we're afraid that our best efforts will be lost due to style over substance. But our president has style AND substance, and one bad debate performance doesn't change that. So no, I'm not worried.
milhouse24
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »

I don't think its a good strategy to attack white people with calling them all racists, when you are trying to keep white people wanting to vote for a "safe black guy" 

If you're trying to keep White guilt alive by blaming Obama's failures on racism, then you are doing a bad job at it. 

Obama stopped running on the issues a long time ago.  His supporters are now interested in flaming Race Wars. 

But I think base on issues, based on record high Black unemployment, that Romney will win the election decisively.  I don't want to say Obama's personally given up, but he seems to have personally given up on being able to effectively run the country.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2012, 01:59:39 PM »

I don't think its a good strategy to attack white people with calling them all racists, when you are trying to keep white people wanting to vote for a "safe black guy" 

If you're trying to keep White guilt alive by blaming Obama's failures on racism, then you are doing a bad job at it. 

Obama stopped running on the issues a long time ago.  His supporters are now interested in flaming Race Wars. 

But I think base on issues, based on record high Black unemployment, that Romney will win the election decisively.  I don't want to say Obama's personally given up, but he seems to have personally given up on being able to effectively run the country.

Yeah, all right, whatever you say.
Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2012, 02:14:03 PM »

Which is why if you are equally smart as a black person - that black person is more likely to get into harvard, etc?

Yes, reverse racism does happen. Happens all the time actually. Why doesn't the NBA have a 'white people quota' mandating that at least half of the players be white? After all, that's what Black people demand, quota based hiring.

To be fair, affirmative action is much less common than it was 40 years ago. However, you hit the nail on the head by saying reverse racism does exist. You are absolutely correct.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2012, 02:15:35 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 02:18:28 PM by Politico »

Obama stopped running on the issues a long time ago.  His supporters are now interested in flaming Race Wars.  

And, mark my words, religious wars if Obama bombs the second debate. The atheistic wing of the Democratic Party, the types who want to ram gay marriage down North Carolina's throats while taxing work and rewarding bull[Inks], will start saying the most vile and repulsive things imaginable about Mormons if Obama falters in the second debate...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »

Let's see, my next door neighbor had to go on welfare because her dress making business suffered.  The local pastor filed for bankruptcy.  My play nephew can't find a job, despite a degree from Millersville.  About a quarter of the businesses in my neighborhood have closed.

[sarcasm]I'm so glad we have a president that helps black people.[/sarcasm]

Yeah, exactly. And bringing up racism all of the time is not leading America towards the promise of eventually being a color blind society.

Furthermore, one only needs to look at Valerie Jarrett to see what Obama is all about. She was CEO of a real estate company that gave predatory subprime mortgages to poor minorities in Chicago. These Chicago types in the Obama Administration just sell poor people a bill of goods while bending them over the figurative wood pile. It's the Chicago Way.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »

Black unemployment at 14% under this incompetent, yet still they continue to support this poor excuse for a President with 96%.

Blacks, like all other Americans, would be far better off under the Romney plan.

Dems continue to take black support for granted because they know they can.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2012, 02:44:56 PM »

Black unemployment at 14% under this incompetent, yet still they continue to support this poor excuse for a President with 96%.

Blacks, like all other Americans, would be far better off under the Romney plan.

How would we be better off under Governor Romney's plan then?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2012, 02:57:19 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 02:59:15 PM by Politico »

In a word, the return of job opportunities for everybody no matter what one's race, sex, or age is. It will take time, but by the end of Romney's first term we will see a REAL turn around, not this BS right now that is being touted as success by people with a hidden agenda...
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2012, 03:25:20 PM »

In a word, the return of job opportunities for everybody no matter what one's race, sex, or age is. It will take time, but by the end of Romney's first term we will see a REAL turn around, not this BS right now that is being touted as success by people with a hidden agenda...
I don't want a platitude. What aspect specifically of Governor Romney's plan would make us better off?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2012, 06:36:57 PM »
« Edited: October 07, 2012, 06:39:32 PM by Politico »

I don't want a platitude. What aspect specifically of Governor Romney's plan would make us better off?

The five cornerstones (i.e., the alternative to four more years of the last four years):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrwUU_YApE#t=03m04s
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2012, 09:00:09 PM »

In my opinion, we will never have robust growth (well never is too strong a word, "Never? Well hardly ever" ala Gilbert and Sullivan is probably more apropos), until we have a credible and bipartisan plan to get us out of the fiscal abyss. Folks with money lack confidence to just "do it" and part with some of their cash horde and invest in ventures entailing substantial risk absent a credible plan to get out of the box. I am serious about this. We need leaders with honesty and courage to ignore the polls and lead,  and shape public opinion, rather than follow the polls, and worry about the next election. And we need them now.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2012, 09:08:06 PM »

what? up until the ryan pick i was thinking romney would just buy the election but he's done everything to throw this up to literally insulting half the country. its pretty clearly over barring some black swan event, like a stock market crash.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2012, 11:09:33 PM »

What about Catholics - who most certainly are a minority in America? Is their faith not under attack with Obamacare forcing them to purchase contraception?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2012, 11:15:04 PM »

Is their faith not under attack with Obamacare forcing them to purchase contraception?

No, because that's not a thing that is happening.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2012, 11:17:30 PM »

I'm about to start killing a puppy every time Ben Kenobi fails to attribute a quote.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies