Hype, Not Hope
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:42:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Hype, Not Hope
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hype, Not Hope  (Read 675 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:55:02 PM »
« edited: October 04, 2012, 09:58:27 PM by Politico »

Hype is all Obama was, is or ever will be.

I strongly recommend losing your illusions. I did shortly before America's credit rating was downgraded in August 2011. It feels liberating to admit that one made a mistake, and was duped (Clinton should have won). As the old saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

YOU can't be fooled again, can YOU? We are political junkies who are supposed to see through the BS, folks...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:55:26 PM »

We have always been at war with Eurasia.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 09:55:55 PM »

Haven't you made this thread several times already?

Polite sage, to use the parlance of our times.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 09:58:42 PM »

I remember when I lost my illusions. I was thirteen when I first saw the black and white video of skeletal bodies being dumped into mass graves in school. There was nothing not to understand.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »

When does this guy get banned.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »

I strongly recommend losing your illusions. I did shortly before America's credit rating was downgraded in August 2011. It feels liberating to admit that one made a mistake, and was duped. As the old saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

YOU can't be fooled again, can YOU? We are political junkies who are supposed to see through the BS, folks...

BTW... I assume you did read S&P's reasoning for dropping the credit rating? I wasn't aware a rabid GOP congress was Obama's fault...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 09:59:59 PM »

Clinton should have won.

I am saying it loud and proud, and so should other Democrats as they look forward to 2016.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »

When propaganda becomes a bannable offence. Or when we catch him with his hand up a sockpuppet.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 10:01:39 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2012, 10:03:41 PM by Politico »

Clinton worked with Gingrich to get things done despite being humiliated by Gingrich. What is Obama's excuse now? We should all be sick of the inability to man up and take responsibility. It is unbecoming in a president.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »

Clinton should have won.

I am saying it loud and proud, and so should other Democrats as they look forward to 2016.

I don't necessarily disagree.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 10:05:45 PM »

Clinton worked with Gingrich to get things done despite being humiliated by Gingrich. What is Obama's excuse now? We should all be sick of the inability to man up and take responsibility. It is unbecoming in a president.

I agree... but to a point.

I don't think it's appropriate or fair to hold the president accountable because a congress controlled by the GOP, whose sole operating intention was to ensure a one-term Obama presidency.

I assume you'll blame the guy being eaten by the zombies because he didn't run fast enough... as opposed to the zombie.
technical support
thrillr1111
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 10:07:07 PM »

I strongly recommend losing your illusions. I did shortly before America's credit rating was downgraded in August 2011. It feels liberating to admit that one made a mistake, and was duped. As the old saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

BTW... I assume you did read S&P's reasoning for dropping the credit rating? I wasn't aware a rabid GOP congress was Obama's fault...

If we could vote on here whether to banned "politico" he would have been banned along time ago.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2012, 10:18:50 PM by Politico »

Excuse me, "The Obama Loving Hack," but I have been here since before Obama was even a US Senator (started reading here in late 2004).

You should be asking, "when does Obama get canned?"
Biden 2024
wolfentoad66
Norfolk Island

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »

Politico repeats the same garbage every day, on every thread.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 10:11:01 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2012, 10:16:41 PM by Politico »

I don't think it's appropriate or fair to hold the president accountable because a congress controlled by the GOP, whose sole operating intention was to ensure a one-term Obama presidency.

I assume you'll blame the guy being eaten by the zombies because he didn't run fast enough... as opposed to the zombie.

I blame Obama for failing to follow in Bill Clinton's footsteps. No more, no less.

America did not want a hybrid of Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter. The only other president that I can think of who refuses to take responsibility like Obama is George W. Bush. Many people do not want to take any responsibility for anything anymore. Gee, I wonder why...
wan
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »

I blame Obama for failing to follow in Bill Clinton's footsteps. No more, no less.

i try not to read to much of the stuff you post politico because i already know where you coming from. I'm sure i'm not the only one.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »

America did not want a hybrid of Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter.

Give me a concrete example of what Obama could have done... that would have worked the GOP... the downgrade happened, and they were clear the they didn't blame Obama, they blamed the House.... because they refused to deal with the issue in a serious way, because they refused to deal with possible revenue raises.

That's why... and if that's your reasoning for supporting Romney of all people, who will get bullied left and right by  newly energised GOP congress... you're in for a HUGE disappointment.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 10:20:35 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2012, 10:23:50 PM by Politico »

I remember when I lost my illusions. I was thirteen when I first saw the black and white video of skeletal bodies being dumped into mass graves in school. There was nothing not to understand.

Despite our differences on the application of Keynesian theory (not the theory itself), I presume you share my position on Israel/Iran? I certainly do not want a 21st century version of the video you saw when you were thirteen...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 10:26:01 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2012, 10:29:35 PM by Politico »

America did not want a hybrid of Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter.

Give me a concrete example of what Obama could have done... that would have worked the GOP... the downgrade happened, and they were clear the they didn't blame Obama, they blamed the House.... because they refused to deal with the issue in a serious way, because they refused to deal with possible revenue raises.

That's why... and if that's your reasoning for supporting Romney of all people, who will get bullied left and right by  newly energised GOP congress... you're in for a HUGE disappointment.

The GOP House was elected in 1994 to end welfare as we know it, and not raise taxes. Clinton got the message.

The GOP House was elected in 2010 to replace and repeal Obamacare, and not raise taxes. Obama did not get the message. Hillary Clinton would have.

It is really that simple.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »

Clinton- Tried to pass a left-wing government takeover of health care, with a plan secretively written up by his wife, a top adviser, and a group of experts. It didn't even make it out of committee because he alienated Congress.

Obama- Let Congress take the lead on health care. Showed flexibility abandoning his own position on the mandate in favor of what made more sense from a policy perspective. Abandoned the public option which his base was clamoring hard for. Cut a deal with the very insurance companies that killed Clinton's bill. Became the first President to pass UHC, the biggest legislation in 40 years, one with bipartisan roots. It was based on an earlier Republican plan and Mitt Romney's own plan in Massachusetts.

Clinton- Refused to compromise with Newt Gingrich and the Republicans after being humiliated. This resulted in the longest government shutdown ever. Was saved by an improving economy and overreach by Gingrich.

Obama- After being defeated in the midterms, worked with Republican leaders to extend the tax cut that his Republican predecessor had passed, ratify an extension of START, repeal DADT, and get health care to 9/11 first responders. Avoided a government shutdown.

Clinton- dogged by personal scandals beginning with allegations against him by Gennifer Flowers before he was elected President. Was accused of sexual harassment by Paula Jones. Was eventually found to have had an improper sexual relationship with a subordinate, lied to the American people about it, went through absurd verbal contortions while lying, and then lied under oath. The womens' activists who had supported him were savaged for this.

Obama- squeaky clean, great marriage, great daughters.

Clinton- inherited a growing economy and did it all under peace and prosperity.

Obama- turned around an economy in the throes of a depression.

But Clinton gave a better DNC speech!!
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 10:31:52 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2012, 10:33:30 PM by Politico »

Are you seriously arguing that Obama is a better president than Clinton? You are in serious denial abou how badly you have been duped by the hype of Obama...

I am mobile, but you will get an adequate response down the road when I have an opportunity.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:56 PM »

Your simplicity is insane... it was no where near as simple as that.

The 1993 Clinton tax increases held and helped considerably, plus Gingrich et all were actually prepared to work with Clinton... especially when they looked terrible after the Government shutdown was placed squarely at the feet of the obstructionist GOP.

There was NOTHING Obama could have done, apart from doing nothing, that would have satisfied the House GOP... and again, if you're going to stress that as your main example, give me something that he could have done that would have done what you speak of... and no generalisations or talking points, concrete examples.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »

Clinton- first thing he did was pass a massive tax hike.

Obama- cut taxes on 95% of Americans, to a multi-decade low.

Clinton-signed an ineffective, unpopular assault weapons ban that didn't even define assault weapons, but managed to incite a massive backlash that cemented the NRA's dominance in American politics to this day.

Obama-didn't touch gun control, except to sign a bill allowing handguns in national parks for self-defense.

Clinton-signed the Community Reinvestment Act, which Republicans claim helped cause the housing crisis. Repealed Glass-Steagall, which helped cause the housing crisis. Ignored his own chairman of the CFTC who said derivatives would be a danger and cost taxpayers money. Signed the Commodities Futures Modernization Act which helped set off a wave of speculation in derivatives.

Obama-signed Dodd-Frank, which raised capital requirements for American banks. Recovered 90% of the TARP money his predecessor signed off on to save the banks. Signed the CARD Act which cracked down on deceptive lending practices. Got rid of the middle man Sallie Mae in student loans. Cracked down on deceptive advertising by colleges accepting federal loans. Turned around Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Clinton-signed permanent free trade relations with China, doing a massive favor to the CCP and irreparable damage to American manufacturing.

Obama-has pivoted US policy to Asia, improving relations with Southeast Asia and bringing on the region as a partner to check Chinese expansionism. Has overseen the first growth in manufacturing jobs in a decade.

And so on...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 10:46:33 PM »

Don't confuse Politico... is disrupts his narative...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 10:49:37 PM »

Clinton-oversaw a massive increase in illegal immigration, but failed to do anything about the problem.

Obama-deported more criminal illegal immigrants in one term than Bush in two terms, but stopped deporting the children of illegal immigrants who were assimilating into American society.

Clinton-had a chance to take out Osama bin Laden in 1998 but held back. Instead, bombed some random medicine factory in Sudan. The result was the USS Cole attack...

Obama-didn't make the same mistake.

I could go on...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies