The People's Party (The People's Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:27:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22828 times)
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2012, 07:33:28 AM »

Endorsement for Assembly

Incumbents - cinnci + me and Alexmanu, thank you for your time.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »

Endorsement for Assembly

Incumbents - cinnci + me and Alexmanu, thank you for your time.

Don't be a dick. It doesn't pay, as I learned during my two weeks in the Senate.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2012, 03:49:20 PM »

Snowball's disrespect towards The People is duly noted.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2012, 04:14:54 PM »

Sorry, I had little time when I posted, but felt greatly that while TPP is not the largest party, the power it has over the People and its motivation is necessary for the election. I apologize for any offense that caused. 

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »

Well, if you're serious about your apology, we will consider it and your endorsement request.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2012, 10:16:42 PM »

Also, for Party members, I am going to attempt to publish our platform tonight to begin discussion. I want to have it passed as soon as we can.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2012, 11:14:15 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2012, 11:15:49 PM by Senator Duke »

This is the most thorough platform of any party out there. Please read over it and lend me your opinions where you'd like to see changes.

The People's Platform

Economics:
The economy's main engine is The People, and through Them government is derived and given its powers. Therefore, it is the government's job as an entity to protect the interests of The People through sound regulations to prevent rampant abuse by those who wish harm on the economy. If men were angels we would not need government, but we are not so we must have one for The People and by ThePeople that  encourages free trade among nations and maximize economies of scale worldwide.

It is The People's job to ensure equality. We must have a progressive tax system, one that is fair and allows the government to offer services best offered by the government; public roads, bridges, airports, general welfare and the like. But taxes must never exceed 50% on the top bracket, as such a policy would be a disservice to the good of The People. The People recognize life has its bumps in the road. As such, welfare must be a means if assistance while on hard times, not a way of life.

The People recognize large corporations are a necessity in this country. Therefore, we favor a low corporate tax which will encourage domestic job creation and keep our People at work here, not in a line for unemployment. The Party also recognizes the role of certainty in an economy. We must be in touch with our business community, giving employers certainty in taxes and other issues that lead to layoffs and a loss in investor confidence.

The People recognize a portion of our county derives their income from capital gains and dividends. For the social well being of all People, The Party favors a flat 15% on middle and low income Atlasians, while we ask the wealthiest 3% to pay 20% of their income.

Finally, The People recognize the individual. It is why we are who we are. We recognize the hardships and protections The People need from those who hire them, and we favor a policy of honesty between both the employer and employee. While we hold regional "right to work" laws as regional issues, we encourage strongly regions change policies like this. They are archaic and are a tremendous disservice to the employee and discourage loyalty, honesty, and security.

Foreign Policy:
The People are realists. We recognize that there is evil in this world. But dealing with evil does not always begin with bombs and bullets. Diplomacy must be our first line of defense, and we must keep lines of communication open not only with our allies, but with our enemies. The People recognize its position in the world, and it must be a world leader and lead by example. If diplomacy does fail, and a nation does not follow up on its promises or openly defies the international community, force must not be shied away from. The People urge pragmatism, not strict foreign policy ideology.

Domestic Policy:
Freedom of speech, religion, right to organize, love, privacy, due process and the press must be respected as constitutional rights to all People. In regards to privacy, The People favor federal protection for abortion to keep it safe, legal and hopefully, rare. It is a woman's decision and hers alone, and The People respect this fundamental right. The People also favor freedom of love. It is not the government's business who you love or what you do in privacy. Therefore, we favor marriage and adoption rights for all couples, straight or same sex. The government is to protect individuals from oppression. Drug policy is best left to the regions unless the social welfare of the individual is threatened. Then it is up to the federal government to set a nationwide policy.

Finally, it is the job of The People to protect this country from enemies both foreign and abroad. The destruction of our environment is an enemy to all People, our children and our way of life. We must promote policies that encourage businesses and individuals to get on board with a healthier way of life that will benefit generations to come.

Forum Life:
The People recognize insidiously participate in both the federal and regional governments, with regional governments being the greatest asset to the country. They allow for new members to grow, participate and become all they wish to be. They also happen to be closest to The People. As such, we oppose any attempts to do away with regional senate elections. We favor allowing regional governments to administer their own regional senate elections rather than the federal government to draw more attention to all regional elections. The legislators and executives are the closest representatives to The People in this country.

In order to further promote regional activity, The People favor the creation of regional sub-forums so these legislative bodies will not feel like second class citizens who are confined to one or two threads to discuss their entire body of work. It will also encourage new members to stick around and grow in these regional legislatures rather than rushing to the federal level.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2012, 04:39:00 AM »

I wish to join this fine establishment.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2012, 04:55:47 AM »

Bacon King is a true man of The People.

It is an amazing honor to welcome him to their party.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2012, 06:30:25 AM »

Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2012, 07:14:35 AM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2012, 12:45:11 PM »

It is an honor and a privilege to welcome Bacon King to The Party. Today is, as always, a great day for The People.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »

I wish to join this fine establishment.

Bacon Kingman for The People.  It took you long enough Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2012, 03:23:12 PM »

It was written on an iPad, so yeah, I expect there are typos and the like.

But anyone is free to make suggestions and additions to it. This is by no means a final product.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #239 on: December 21, 2012, 03:23:41 PM »

Bumping this. I'd like to hear more from members if they wish to add or critique. Please ignore my grammatical errors. This was written on an iPad. Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #240 on: December 21, 2012, 06:10:16 PM »

I endorse The People's Platform unreservedly.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #241 on: December 21, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »

I endorse The People's Platform unreservedly.

As do I.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #242 on: December 21, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »

I'm considering adding a bit to the forum life section with some game reforms we may like to see. I'm also going to wait for Nix's proposals before we call it to a vote. Also, I need to proofread it when I use my actual laptop.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #243 on: December 21, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »

I'm considering an amendment to the constitution to basically make the VP an 11th senator. What do The People think about this?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #244 on: December 21, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »

Well, the VP is a useless position but probably a necessary one. I remember when I was in the senate 15 years ago, we had a lot of bills trying to reform the position or give it some type of responsibility which always failed. I guess in the case that a president cannot serve, the VP needs to exist. Dare we forget when BK took over for Lief back in the day?

Those are just my thoughts on the matter. We can certain favor reforms.
Northeast Rep Snowball
hiboby1998
United States

« Reply #245 on: December 21, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »

Well, the VP is a useless position but probably a necessary one. I remember when I was in the senate 15 years ago, we had a lot of bills trying to reform the position or give it some type of responsibility which always failed. I guess in the case that a president cannot serve, the VP needs to exist. Dare we forget when BK took over for Lief back in the day?

Those are just my thoughts on the matter. We can certain favor reforms.
I agree, but a VP candidate is slightly biased, but your are going to be bored if this fails, so I see your side too.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #246 on: December 21, 2012, 07:25:59 PM »

Well my position on the matter hasn't changed since I was in the senate - long before Marokai and I came in this union we call a ticket. It's well documented in the archives of the senate. Wink
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2012, 07:43:46 PM »

Why don't we call for the elimination and redistribution of the Midwest Region among the other regions of Atlasia? I don't see why a place which prides itself on its dysfunction, doesn't hold elections, and has a grand total of one voter during a constitutional amendment vote should still remain a sovereign region, but that might just be my opinion.

We could then have two classes of regional Senators, a set of four elected alongside the President, and another set of four elected alongside the At-Large Senators.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »

Haha. The Duke Plan a few years ago included reorganizing into 4 regions and eliminating the Midwest. But our Midwest friends like Kal and ilikeverin crucified me.

That region has a strong tradition of loonyism.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2012, 08:02:15 PM »

I'm not sure reducing the overall number of Senators is really a good way to go, either.

(But ignore me! I'm not a member of TPP, just chiming in!)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies