The People's Party (The People's Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:16:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22810 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »

Nix is going to have a blast running this joint while I'm away. I can post a bit today so I can certify that he's the winner later. But after tonight it's a blitz for PR, Con Law, Federal Income Tax law and Criminal law. My life... always full of pleasantries.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2012, 04:30:15 PM »

Nix
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2012, 05:28:14 PM »

1. Nix

Nix is going to have a blast running this joint while I'm away. I can post a bit today so I can certify that he's the winner later. But after tonight it's a blitz for PR, Con Law, Federal Income Tax law and Criminal law. My life... always full of pleasantries.

And spending time with me.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2012, 12:51:59 AM »

By a vote of 7-0, The People have declared Nix their vice chairman! This is a great day for The Party. Let us all rejoice.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2012, 05:30:01 AM »

I would like to congratulate Nix for his nomination. This is a TPP VP I can see myself working with as a Labourite.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #180 on: November 29, 2012, 05:41:13 AM »

A glorious victory for the People.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #181 on: November 29, 2012, 07:18:24 PM »

Praise be The People. Through Them we are all saved. Congratulations to Nix. Forward, I say, forward!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #182 on: November 29, 2012, 07:34:41 PM »

As an outsider, Nix was an excellent choice. Good luck to you on your quest!

The quest has already been achieved. If you would embrace The People maybe you would have the sense to join Us. I am proud to have Nix by my side and excited for the future!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2012, 01:52:38 AM »

With simfan declining to run for reelection, it seems we need to run a candidate to maintain our awesome majority in the senate Tongue
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »

I might be willing to stand again if truly would be the People's will... Just can't promise a very high level of activity.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »

I might be willing to stand again if truly would be the People's will... Just can't promise a very high level of activity.

Depends on your definition of "a high level of activity."

Obviously, The People's mission is to have active, engaged office holders. If you can be active and engaged, go for it. If you fear a BK situation where you'll disappear for a while, then don't feel pressured to do it.

With Simfan not running and Spammage apparently leaving the party (when did this happen, and why?), we either should endorse someone or run a candidate. I feel like we should run someone if we have an interest. If we can unite behind whoever we run, we should be able to get one in.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »

Depends on your definition of "a high level of activity."

Obviously, The People's mission is to have active, engaged office holders. If you can be active and engaged, go for it. If you fear a BK situation where you'll disappear for a while, then don't feel pressured to do it.

With Simfan not running and Spammage apparently leaving the party (when did this happen, and why?), we either should endorse someone or run a candidate. I feel like we should run someone if we have an interest. If we can unite behind whoever we run, we should be able to get one in.

No not BK level activity. Just that for about a 4 week period, I have exams and may take a bit longer to do things in that period in January-February.

The People require representation and if they are in need, I can't abandon them.

I guess I will run.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #187 on: November 30, 2012, 05:05:21 PM »

I would like to request The People's Party's endorsement in the December At-Large Senate election.  I may be a Liberal, but during my time in the Assembly I have always fought for The People.  If elected to the Senate, I promise that I will be an active and energetic advocate for The People!
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #188 on: November 30, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »

With simfan declining to run for reelection, it seems we need to run a candidate to maintain our awesome majority in the senate Tongue

Andrew? Cincinnatus? TXDem? Or, if no one is interested, we could just recruit one of the current candidates...

Is Duke interested in running?

Also, I'd like to encourage TPP to endorse my colleague Mr. X's bid for the Senate. He is a true moderate and has worked tirelessly for The People in the Assembly. Also, I'm glad Senator Franzl is running, and proud to endorse him.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »

I would humbly like to request the endorsement of The People for my senate candidacy. Smiley
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2012, 02:05:58 AM »

I too must kindly ask for your endorsement Smiley
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2012, 11:15:16 PM »

The People shall prevail.

The People shall endure.

The People shall overcome tyranny and injustice.

Down with the establishment.

Power to The People.

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »

The People shall prevail.

The People shall endure.

The People shall overcome tyranny and injustice.

Down with the establishment.

Power to The People.

I went to the registration thread and was quite disappointed to not see a corresponding post there...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #193 on: December 03, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »

Winfield is in The Caucus but an independent otherwise. I wish he'd join The Party.

So franzl is running again, and obviously he will get The People's endorsement. We need to vote on our other endorsements soon.

As I've been tied up with law exams, are all the candidates finalized? Nix? Tongue
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »

I am open to support from the People.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #195 on: December 05, 2012, 05:59:47 PM »

I'd like to drop in and also ask for an endorsement.

I know my ideology isn't perfectly aligned with all of your members, but I think I've been a pretty strong proponent of The People while in office. I firmly stand for centre-right positions, so The People know what they're getting from me. I don't weasel my way around the details to try and win support, so The People can rest assured that I'm guided by a strong conviction to do what I believe is right. I've tried to play devil's advocate in the senate to make sure The People don't get swept along by the tide of a bill that could actually hurt them.

I participate in debate, I outline my positions, I try to find common ground, and I think I'm a pretty big asset. I hope you'll consider throwing me a bone. Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #196 on: December 05, 2012, 06:18:15 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2012, 09:01:50 PM by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X »

First, I want to thank Senator Nix for giving me this opportunity to make my case to you all Smiley  We may not always agree, but one thing that I think we do have in common is a strong belief in pragmatism.  I will never deny that if elected I will be a strong voice for the center-left, just as I have been in the Assembly (although I will also remain a tireless advocate for The People Smiley ).  However, I also believe that the path to prosperity is one of principled pragmatism.  I recognize that none of us has a monopoly on good ideas.  That's why I've worked closely during my time in the Mideast Assembly with members of the Federalist, Labor, Whig, and TPP to help negotiate compromises that combined the best ideas of each side.  

As a result, we were able to pass immigration reform, education reform, fairer labor laws, and much more.  However, my proudest accomplishment is that I worked closely with Governor Tmthforu94 to develop a budget compromise that allowed the region to not only pass its first budget in history, but a balanced budget with a significant stimulus.  Additionally, and I hope Governor Tmthforu94 and my fellow Assemblymen would agree, I have never felt during my time in the Assembly that there was ever a problem with partisanship in the Mideast government since the September elections.  I've always felt we've accomplished so much because everyone sees each other as good people who may sometimes disagree about the best way to help The People!

Which brings me to why I am running and back to my original point about pragmatism.  The breakdown of the working relationship between President Napoleon and the Senate has formed a dark cloud over Atlasia.  A major part of the problem simply seems to be that the President and certain Senators have increasingly begun treating each other like an enemy.  This has to change; for the sake of The People and our great nation, it must change and soon.  As for my activity-level, I think my record in the Assembly speaks for itself Smiley  I'm running because I hope to bring some of the Mideast's spirit of compromise and civility to the federal government.  If The People do me the honor of electing me to the Senate, I will work to establish a strong working relationship with President Napoleon, Vice-President Nathan, and each member of the Senate.  It would be an honor to receive the endorsement of The People's Party and I hope I can count on your support!  Thank you for your time and Dave bless Atlasia Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #197 on: December 05, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »

I encourage our party to endorse Mr. X, Snowstalker, Barnes, and Hagrid. Spamage is also a good choice.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #198 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »

I'm backing Hagrid and Mr. X for sure. They've made the most compelling cases, and Hagrid has a strong record in the senate already. I wasn't even aware spammage left us until a few days ago. I like what he's done in the pacific but I may want to see what he does there for a bit longer.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #199 on: December 05, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »

To elaborate, I have proudly worked with The People's Party, especically the fine senators Nix and Oakvale, to implement policies which most benefit The People of Atlasia. I have also been vocal in my opposition to Napoleon, who TPP rightly sees as an enemy of The People (in fact, I was the runner-up in October).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies