The People's Party (The People's Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:50:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The People's Party (The People's Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: The People's Party (The People's Thread)  (Read 22833 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2012, 11:49:49 PM »

All things considered, I think this was a great first election for us! Congratulations to all candidates elected, especially TPP candidates.

I think we need to start working hard at developing a platform - there seems to be a rumor going around that we have absolutely no ideological backbone or beliefs, which obviously isn't true. Wink
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2012, 12:13:14 AM »

All things considered, I think this was a great first election for us! Congratulations to all candidates elected, especially TPP candidates.

I think we need to start working hard at developing a platform - there seems to be a rumor going around that we have absolutely no ideological backbone or beliefs, which obviously isn't true. Wink

We definitely need a platform Smiley

Also we had amazing turnout 13/14 isn't anything to be ashamed of! Not to mention 3 Senate seats won I believe!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2012, 12:40:13 AM »

Congrats to everyone! 3 senate seats isn't a bad start for The Party!

And yes, we do. Obviously the main goal of The Party is centered around The People and making every level of government as important as the next, and one of the main objective I want to see is subforums for each regional legislature to start, so people at the regional level don't feel like the step children to the major senate. Whether we write that into our platform remains to be seen.

I think our naysayers are just looking at reasons to count us out. The nasty little truth is, 75% of Atlasians believe in nearly the same "ideology" - center left socially and centrist economically, and this party should stand out from the rest in our reform ideas. Voting was up, but we want to give people a reason to play the game! Because when you don't have a reason to check these parts each day, what incentive do you have to play?

That was one of my passions when I created this party, because I've now been a governor, a senator, a retired person, and now a legislator in the IDS. I've seen what works and what doesn't work and what needs to be changed. If we want this new found interest in the game to last, let's make it happen. That's why this party is here! For every Atasian to have a voice and a purpose in the fantasy country we call Atlasia!

Wonderful job on the turnout though, and congrats to Ben, Oakvale, Nix, Cinci, and Simfan. Job well done everyone!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2012, 03:34:22 AM »

The People have spoken! Congratulations to your winners.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »

Can a nobody like me join this club?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »

Getting you to join is the only reason we exist... It's to win over your heart... To impress you
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »

This might be the perfect party for me, especially coming off of our large Co-President re-election win!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2012, 12:48:50 PM »

Please contact me via PM if you'd like to be a regional chair. I haven't received any applications.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2012, 12:49:19 PM »

This might be the perfect party for me, especially coming off of our large Co-President re-election win!

I figure we needed a party to join in order to continue our dominance in the White House, so I created one for us based on our love and respect for every man, woman and child. I was hoping this would catch your eye sooner, but I'm sure you have a lot of other people wanting your love an attention..
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2012, 04:56:13 PM by Mideast Assemblyman TexasDem »

We could also use a symbol and logo, although that's less important than the platform, of course.

Well, Wolfentoad and Spamage made logos already, but will we use either one of their's? I like Spamage's a lot (although I think we need a more bright, positive color than black).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »

We could also use a symbol and logo, although that's less important than the platform, of course.

Well, Wolfentoad and Spamage made logos already, but will we use either one of their's? I like Spamage's a lot (although I think we need a more bright, positive color than black).

Yeah, we have quite a bit of work to do before the next election cycle. Platform, color, logo, etc..

I may try my hand at making one for the vote as well if I can find the time in the next few days.

As for our color... gold? sky blue? sounds like some aren't a fan of pink. Tongue
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »

Yeah, we have quite a bit of work to do before the next election cycle. Platform, color, logo, etc..

I may try my hand at making one for the vote as well if I can find the time in the next few days.

As for our color... gold? sky blue? sounds like some aren't a fan of pink. Tongue

How about a bright green?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2012, 05:15:53 PM »

How about a bright green?

That could also work. I like that idea.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2012, 11:35:27 AM »

I figure we needed a party to join in order to continue our dominance in the White House, so I created one for us based on our love and respect for every man, woman and child. I was hoping this would catch your eye sooner, but I'm sure you have a lot of other people wanting your love an attention..

I wanted to spread my love with everyone, but now I just want to share my love with you.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »

I wanted to spread my love with everyone, but now I just want to share my love with you.

Tonight, I'm all yours. When you get to my house, you'll find a rubber band on the door handle. Just come on in..
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »

Tonight, I'm all yours. When you get to my house, you'll find a rubber band on the door handle. Just come on in..

Purple heart
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #141 on: October 24, 2012, 07:48:27 PM »

I really wish Duke would run! Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #142 on: October 24, 2012, 08:04:26 PM »

Run for what?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #143 on: October 24, 2012, 08:10:16 PM »

The Senate vacancy. You and Spamage would both be good candidates.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #144 on: October 24, 2012, 08:10:38 PM »

The vacant Senate seat(s), obviously.  Come now Duke, it's really time you returned to where you belong.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #145 on: October 24, 2012, 08:15:47 PM »

The vacant Senate seat(s), obviously.  Come now Duke, it's really time you returned to where you belong.

But the senate has been in such fine shape since I left! We only have a few vacancies every cycle instead of the occasion one! Wink

Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #146 on: October 24, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »

I would also like Duke and Spamage to run for the seats. We need to increase our influence on national governance, and these two would be strong, active Senators.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2012, 08:31:44 PM »

The vacant Senate seat(s), obviously.  Come now Duke, it's really time you returned to where you belong.

But the senate has been in such fine shape since I left! We only have a few vacancies every cycle instead of the occasion one! Wink

I agree, to be honest.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »

We can run 2 candidates for the 2 seats. Doesn't matter if we don't win both - I just want our candidates to be good people who will be active and contribute to discussion in the senate. We have too many people resigning and disappearing in it right now Tongue

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2012, 09:13:26 PM »

I've announced Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies