What Happened?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:03:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What Happened?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 2162 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:15:18 PM »

From what I've heard and read, Politico used to be a liberal Democrat. Now he's tied with Winfield as the forum's resident Romney Hack. What gives?
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:19:28 PM »

If Romney wins this year, then he'll be a supporter of Andrew Cuomo in 2016.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:05:11 PM »

I wasn't here in 2008, but from what I've gleaned, seems he has a tendency to blame the incumbent President and his real or imagined ideology for everything wrong with America.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 07:04:02 AM »

People change their views sometimes, especially if they're young.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 07:10:22 AM »

You do know he's a troll? He stopped posting the moment Obama won in 2008 and only started re-posting again in August of last year. He's playing quite a good game at it actually if you compare and contrast his two personas as it seems to rile people. He'll be gone in November and back again in 2015 or so.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:05:58 AM »
« Edited: September 28, 2012, 08:27:47 AM by Politico »

From what I've heard and read, Politico used to be a liberal [moderate] Democrat [and is now a disillusioned Democrat]. Now he's tied with Winfield as the forum's resident Romney Hack [Freedom Fighter]. What gives?

Fixed.

What gives is Obama proved to be a Big Government liberal who embraces waste, abuse, entitlement, dependency, and class warfare. I thought he would be a New Democrat of the Clinton/Gore mold (the real late 1990s versions, not that revisionist crap). If I knew he would be a Jimmy Carter for the 2010s, a cheerleader of economic malaise that is committed to handouts in the form of "Obama Phones" and God knows what else, I would have busted my ass to get Hillary Clinton nominated. I admit to being fooled by the hype, and seriously underestimating the chicanery of the Chicago Machine.

I am not a troll. I sincerely believe we are in a lot of trouble if Romney does not get in. Yes, the past four years have pushed me further to the right on economics, but I am still to the left of many people on many social issues, especially relative to most Republicans.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »

From what I've heard and read, Politico used to be a liberal [moderate] Democrat [and is now a disillusioned Democrat]. Now he's tied with Winfield as the forum's resident Romney Hack [Freedom Fighter]. What gives?

Fixed.

What gives is Obama proved to be a Big Government liberal who embraces waste, abuse, entitlement, dependency, and class warfare. I thought he would be a New Democrat of the Clinton/Gore mold (the real late 1990s versions, not that revisionist crap). If I knew he would be a Jimmy Carter for the 2010s, a cheerleader of economic malaise that is committed to handouts in the form of "Obama Phones" and God knows what else, I would have busted my ass to get Hillary Clinton nominated. I admit to being fooled by the hype, and seriously underestimating the chicanery of the Chicago Machine.

I am not a troll. I sincerely believe we are in a lot of trouble if Romney does not get in. Yes, the past four years have pushed me further to the right on economics, but I am still to the left of many people on many social issues, especially relative to most Republicans.

Yet you have one of the fastest growing economies in the developed world post recession and you have net job creation post recession. You had a 'New Democrat' president in Bill Clinton publically tear Romney a new a-hole and tell you exactly what's happening and why the administrations policies are starting to work. Yet somehow you seem strangely concerned with gays in the media and perceived oversampling in polls like a Republican wing-nut.

Which means you're trolling. I'm already looking forward to the 2016 version of Politico.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 11:43:31 AM »

Yes, the past four years have pushed me further to the right on economics, but I am still to the left of many people on many social issues, especially relative to most Republicans.

Such as your belief that gay marriage is not a priority for America because gays usually die of AIDS anyway, so why should anybody care?
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 12:31:42 PM »

Yes, the past four years have pushed me further to the right on economics, but I am still to the left of many people on many social issues, especially relative to most Republicans.

Such as your belief that gay marriage is not a priority for America because gays usually die of AIDS anyway, so why should anybody care?

He did say "relative to most Republicans."
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 01:40:14 AM by Nathan »

He also said that life was better for gays when they were sequestered into Northeastern and Californian urban ghettos. There's this book called Another Country: Queer Anti-Urbanism that I think Politico really needs to read one of these days...
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 02:13:18 PM »

Please continue this thread, I'm enjoying it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 04:11:41 PM »

Fixed.

What gives is Obama proved to be a Big Government liberal who embraces waste, abuse, entitlement, dependency, and class warfare. I thought he would be a New Democrat of the Clinton/Gore mold (the real late 1990s versionqs, not that revisionist crap). If I knew he would be a Jimmy Carter for the 2010s, a cheerleader of economic malaise that is committed to handouts in the form of "Obama Phones" and God knows what else, I would have busted my ass to get Hillary Clinton nominated. I admit to being fooled by the hype, and seriously underestimating the chicanery of the Chicago Machine.

Yet you have one of the fastest growing economies in the developed world post recession and you have net job creation post recession.

Job growth has not kept pace with population growth IN NEARLY HALF A DECADE. If we do not change this soon, we're in BIG trouble moving "forward."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clinton is just playing good soldier. Even he sees the writing on the wall. You can see it in his eyes. He is simply giddy about how much of a failure Obama has been relative to him.

2016 version of Politico will be actively promoting Romney's re-election bid as we enjoy morning in America again.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2012, 04:19:52 PM by Politico »

What? I have said no such thing. Maybe I had been drinking one night and made a poor choice of words that gave the wrong impression, but I have never expressed such garbage.

I do believe a lot of gays are just beating themselves up by trying to be them self in areas of the country that will never accept them in their lifetime (e.g., look at Ben Kenobi's obsession with gay marriage). Yes, somebody was better off being a gay person in Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco in the late 1970s than they are in many areas of the country today. I do not think it should be this way, but that's how it is. Culture wars are not going to change it either. For example, the best thing a gay person in Mississippi can do for them self is move to Miami or Key West, or one of the aforementioned cities.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »

Politico Mondale is a troll. It's that simple.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 04:58:43 PM »

Politico is a troll. It's that simple.

I really, really despise you.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 04:59:19 PM »

This thread isn't about me, it's about the right-wing hack nutjob Politico.

If you have a problem with me, make a separate thread.

Done.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 05:25:09 PM »

Yeah, surely nobody would choose to honor Walter Mondale in the fashion he does unless they were trolling...

Pbrower is a bigger hack simply because he is serious and articulate in his own way. Mondale is just a troll.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 08:29:23 PM »

I literally can't watch. This is, I believe, the first time I haven't obsessively clicked "show" on all my ignored-peoples' posts.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 08:58:18 PM »

I am not sure quite what to do with this. Is this a statement of concern about the well being of gays, a suggestion that gays should get the heck out of areas where they are less welcome, that some places are still backward, that gays should hang where they are not wanted, or what?

In any event, I am quite certain that most gays are perfectly able to make intelligent choices about such matters, and don't need a travel agent.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 12:22:34 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 12:26:22 AM by Politico »

I am not sure quite what to do with this. Is this a statement of concern about the well being of gays, a suggestion that gays should get the heck out of areas where they are less welcome, that some places are still backward, that gays should hang where they are not wanted, or what?

It's futile to try to be themselves in quite a few areas of the country. A lot of places are downright intolerant about homosexuality, and that will never change anytime soon no matter how hard some people dream/fight. Why would somebody choose to bang their head against that wall when they can be much happier in Los Angeles or New York? And from your standpoint, don't you want these folks in Los Angeles? LOL

Absolutely. But some gays are unable to accept hard realities about many areas of the country. These individuals should realize that is the problem of the people in those areas, not their problem, and move on.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 12:37:27 AM »

This thread isn't about me, it's about the right-wing hack nutjob Politico.

If you have a problem with me, make a separate thread.

You're not worth a thread on your own. At least Politico is an interesting psychological psychiatric case study, while you are just a boring generic hack.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 01:42:09 AM »

It's futile to try to be themselves in quite a few areas of the country. A lot of places are downright intolerant about homosexuality, and that will never change anytime soon no matter how hard some people dream/fight. Why would somebody choose to bang their head against that wall when they can be much happier in Los Angeles or New York? And from your standpoint, don't you want these folks in Los Angeles? LOL

Absolutely. But some gays are unable to accept hard realities about many areas of the country. These individuals should realize that is the problem of the people in those areas, not their problem, and move on.

The thing is, you're right from a bloodless rational perspective, but there's this funny little thing called 'sense of place' that some people (not as many as in previous ages, but some) have.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 01:57:13 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 01:59:05 AM by Politico »

The thing is, you're right from a bloodless rational perspective, but there's this funny little thing called 'sense of place' that some people (not as many as in previous ages, but some) have.

Yeah, I understand, but I imagine it is incredibly frustrating being rejected in one's hometown. Probably not good for one's mental health to put up with that nonsense longer than you have to. I think one is living a very foolish life being a gay man anywhere in Wyoming or Utah, for example, given the proximity to southern California. But to each their own, I guess...
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 02:15:50 AM »

I don't know why some of you take him so seriously.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=149723.0
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 02:37:43 AM »
« Edited: September 30, 2012, 02:45:28 AM by Mr. Morden »

I think it's pretty foolish for a Kurd to try to live in Kirkuk during the Saddam Hussein era.  Also pretty foolish for Muslims to live in majority Serb areas of the Balkans during the 90s, or for Sunnis to live in Alawite areas of Syria.  Why do people torture themselves like that, rather than just relocate to places where they'll be accepted?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies