Who annoys you more, far-left liberals or far-right conservatives?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 02:23:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Who annoys you more, far-left liberals or far-right conservatives?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who annoys you more, far-left liberals or far-right conservatives?  (Read 3533 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2005, 12:28:07 AM »

Now on to the self-righteous Catholics.  These are the type of people who wear their Catholicism on their sleeves and think nothing of it to force it down other people's throats and if you don't think like them, you are an awful person.  Believe me, carrying the pro-choice banner as an Irish Catholic(?) male in Northeast Philadelphia can be difficult at times.  I know a very good amount of pro-choice people exist here, but the pro-lifers are far more vocal and get more local (neighborhood) media attention.  Some of these Knights of Columbus/AOH types have made me feel quite awful and are in disbelief that I'm pro-choice and favor gay marriage.   

Yeah. God forbid if someone is a proud Catholic!  Shocked

I love how we're always "forcing" something on someone. I don't like abortion. I don't like gay marriage. I don't like tax hikes. I don't like a government run healthcare program. Stop forcing your agenda on me!

I really do like when liberals talk about their ideas, it's never "forcing an agenda."

We share our views and suddenly we want to make everyone believe it. Give me a break.

You say abortion and gay marriage aren't the only issues. I agree. Now tell those in your party that the jobs issue is not the only issue.

Keystone, you are severely simple minded.  I have no problem with someone being a proud Catholic.  Picking on them would be picking on about 1/2 my own family.  Picking on some of the views of these self-righteous clowns and yes I'm not sparing part of my family from this either.  Most of these "pro-lifers" are delusional 50, 60, and 70 something white males that got married at 20 so they feel they can be pricks about other people's sex lives they really have no business in.  Yes, these people are forcing their beleifs on others.

I'm simple minded or your an angry guy in his 20s who wants to blame Pro-Life old men for the problems? Hmmmm...

Let me apologize for not fitting the stereotype of your average teen, Flyers. Sorry I'm not one of these clowns saying "Yeah...pre-marital sex. Cool!" If anything, my friend, I think a whole lot more than most my age.

Where are you coming up with this idea that I'm blaming pro-life old me for my problems?  I'm just saying they have no right to have their mitts in my sex life.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2005, 12:31:05 AM »

Now on to the self-righteous Catholics.  These are the type of people who wear their Catholicism on their sleeves and think nothing of it to force it down other people's throats and if you don't think like them, you are an awful person.  Believe me, carrying the pro-choice banner as an Irish Catholic(?) male in Northeast Philadelphia can be difficult at times.  I know a very good amount of pro-choice people exist here, but the pro-lifers are far more vocal and get more local (neighborhood) media attention.  Some of these Knights of Columbus/AOH types have made me feel quite awful and are in disbelief that I'm pro-choice and favor gay marriage.   

I love how we're always "forcing" something on someone. I don't like abortion. I don't like gay marriage. I don't like tax hikes. I don't like a government run healthcare program. Stop forcing your agenda on me!

I really do like when liberals talk about their ideas, it's never "forcing an agenda."

We share our views and suddenly we want to make everyone believe it. Give me a break.

You say abortion and gay marriage aren't the only issues. I agree. Now tell those in your party that the jobs issue is not the only issue.

Keystone, you are severely simple minded.  I have no problem with someone being a proud Catholic.  Picking on them would be picking on about 1/2 my own family.  Picking on some of the views of these self-righteous clowns and yes I'm not sparing part of my family from this either.  Most of these "pro-lifers" are delusional 50, 60, and 70 something white males that got married at 20 so they feel they can be pricks about other people's sex lives they really have no business in.  Yes, these people are forcing their beleifs on others.

I'm simple minded or your an angry guy in his 20s who wants to blame Pro-Life old men for the problems? Hmmmm...

Let me apologize for not fitting the stereotype of your average teen, Flyers. Sorry I'm not one of these clowns saying "Yeah...pre-marital sex. Cool!" If anything, my friend, I think a whole lot more than most my age.

Where are you coming up with this idea that I'm blaming pro-life old me for my problems?  I'm just saying they have no right to have their mitts in my sex life.

You've used the same line about old men who happen to be Pro-Life in other topics, Flyers. I mean, I have never seen someone stereotype like you do. Old white males in their 50s, 60s, or 70s who are Pro-Lifers. Do you honestly believe people get married so they can snoop around in other people's sex lives? You can't be serious.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2005, 12:57:02 AM »

I call being anti-abortion such a thing.  What should pre-marital sex be banned Keystone? 
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2005, 01:10:13 AM »

To answer the question, neither.

Both annoy me equally as much.

My annoyance seems to be pronounced depending on who is in power.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2005, 01:13:41 AM »

To answer the question, neither.

Both annoy me equally as much.

My annoyance seems to be pronounced depending on who is in power.

Just out of curiosity who on this Forum anooys you in terms of ideology?  Do I annoy you?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2005, 01:15:28 AM »

Nope.

I will say, the neoconfederates annoy me most of all.

But they're not really conservatives.

Since conservative, by definition, means one who desires to preserve the current order...which the neo-rebs don't want.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2005, 01:17:41 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2005, 01:19:29 AM by Philip »

I don't really mind either one much. The truly dangerous ideology in America is moderatism. It slows down progress.

Yes, extremists have been so good at bringing about progess. Smiley

No, I don't mean "centrist" people. My definition of a "moderate" is somehow who votes based on superficial reasons, but refuses to admit it to himself.

But I will point out that most positive things were extreme once. Such as abolition, black people getting civil rights, women's suffrage, etc.

Although after seeing the sex gap on the 2004 election results, I'd be okay with killing off that last one.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2005, 01:20:13 AM »

Nope.

I will say, the neoconfederates annoy me most of all.

But they're not really conservatives.

Since conservative, by definition, means one who desires to preserve the current order...which the neo-rebs don't want.

What is a "neoconfederate?"

I seriously want to know how you define it. Smiley
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2005, 01:21:43 AM »

Well...anyone who has the stars and bars...(and I'm not talking about the navy jack everyone associates with Dixie either...the real CSA flag...) in their profile...

is a neoconfederate.

Then make your association from there.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2005, 01:24:29 AM »

So basically, states' rights? How dangerous can that honestly be?

EDIT: wait, the topic is annoying. Okay, nevermind.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2005, 01:25:15 AM »

And then those who think like him.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2005, 01:29:04 AM »

So am I a neoconfederate?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2005, 01:30:33 AM »

I think you'd be sympathetic..
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2005, 01:33:23 AM »

You notice the two people I get in the most fights with are Loony Left and the Right Wingnuts.

Somebody like StatesRights I can work with; he at least bases a lot of his positions in fact and will listen to new information.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2005, 07:31:52 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2005, 07:35:49 AM by dazzleman »

Good point, Keystone.  Liberals try to disarm conservatives by saying we are forcing our agenda and values on them, but of course they are on the offensive doing the same thing.  Remember that our values represent the status quo, and liberals have been on the offensive for 30-40 years trying to force their agenda on the country.

I generally find extreme liberals more annoying than extreme conservatives because they are usually nastier about their positions, even while proclaiming their support for "tolerance."  One thing extreme conservatives don't do is go around proclaiming how tolerant they are, so that makes them less hypocritical than extreme liberals who are, in my opinion, at least as hateful and intolerant as they claim conservatives to be.

I also deeply believe that extreme liberals are far more numerous than extreme conservatives, and that their ideas are far more dangerous than the ideas of extreme conservatives.  If extreme conservatives took power, many wouldn't like what they would do, but the country would survive.  There's no way the country would survive if extreme liberals ran the show.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2005, 08:22:54 AM »

I dislike extreme conservatives more, because so many of them want to shove their religion and moral values down into everyone.

Still, exteme communist liberals who smoke pot all the time and think the world should be one country under the UN annoy me almost as much, but they never seem to be as rude about it.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2005, 09:01:25 AM »

Seeing as the radical liberals just want to live in a literally "Green" world, I don't mind them so much, although I oppose what they do by bombing GMO research labs and other stuff of the same nature.

But seeing how the right-wing radicals want to ban Sponge-Bob and anything that even mentions the words gay, abortion, etc, I'd have to say they annoy me more. Their dream world scares me.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2005, 09:04:04 AM »

I dislike extreme conservatives more, because so many of them want to shove their religion and moral values down into everyone.

And extreme liberals don't?  Those who most zealously preach tolerance today are the most intolerant and hateful of all.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2005, 03:15:57 PM »

What should pre-marital sex be banned Keystone? 

No, I don't believe that. I don't promote it but that's someone's choice. It's different from abortion because pre-marital sex isn't taking of a life.
Volrath50
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -5.57

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2005, 12:46:18 PM »

For some reason, I find the left more annoying, for a variety of reasons. Most annoying of all are those rabidly anti-American, anti-Israeli types that refer to the Iraq/Afghan wars as "imperialist" actions.

I also despise the politically correct types that latch on to any "progressive" ideas, no matter how stupid. I think the animal rights groups are the worst. I also really dislike being told how great "diversity" is, and how horrible I am for being a white British male in a 99.3% white rural area, and how I should feel guilty because of that.

Bloody idiots. They make me hate being somewhat leftist sometimes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies