MT-AL/Mason-Dixon: GOP's Daines ahead, but candidates not well known
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:20:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  MT-AL/Mason-Dixon: GOP's Daines ahead, but candidates not well known
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-AL/Mason-Dixon: GOP's Daines ahead, but candidates not well known  (Read 447 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 22, 2012, 12:24:21 AM »

46% Steve Daines (R)
38% Kim Gillan (D)
  2% Dave Kaiser (L)
14% Undecided

The poll results reflected that lack of publicity for the U.S. House race, as 49 percent of those polled said they didn’t recognize Gillan’s name and 28 percent said they didn’t recognize Daines.

Interviews with voters who were polled confirmed that the candidates are a blank slate, as far as many voters are concerned.

“It’s something I haven’t really heard a whole lot about; I’m still kind of ambivalent about that one,” said Lorraine Johnson, a retiree from Plentywood. “I’d kind of like to hear what they’re standing for.”

Several voters interviewed said they’d be deciding the race based on party affiliation.

“I haven’t paid much attention to that race, but I know I’m going to vote Democrat,” said Julie Buckley of Butte. “I’m extremely old-fashioned, and I would rather slit my throat than vote Republican.”

Carol Finnicum of Joliet said she’d be voting for Gillan, because “I just feel that she has the interest of people like me, particularly as a woman, in her interest.”

On the other side, Gary Rose of Kalispell said he thinks Daines is “the better-qualified candidate, and, philosophically, I prefer his positions.”

http://missoulian.com/news/local/gop-s-daines-leads-u-s-house-race-poll-but/article_3a315270-0462-11e2-a80d-0019bb2963f4.html
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:00:20 AM »

“I haven’t paid much attention to that race, but I know I’m going to vote Democrat,” said Julie Buckley of Butte. “I’m extremely old-fashioned, and I would rather slit my throat than vote Republican.”

Somehow I find this very endearing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies