Opinion of Nelson Rockefeller
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:00:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Nelson Rockefeller
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: FF or HP?  
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Opinion of Nelson Rockefeller  (Read 1508 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »

Anyone who knows me knows my answer to this one too: massive, massive FF.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »

HP
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 07:03:35 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:56:29 PM »

traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »

FF, for the sole reason that he was quite literally the only human being able to oust Robert Moses from his dark lair under the Triborough Bridge- and he actually did it.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »

What a Republican should be like.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »

In many ways, yes, but not every way.  Why can't my fellow Republicans acknowledge the great things the moderate/liberal Republicans did for America?  We should be celebrating our Party s history of guys like Rocky, not deriding them as RINOs.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »

In many ways, yes, but not every way.  Why can't my fellow Republicans acknowledge the great things the moderate/liberal Republicans did for America?  We should be celebrating our Party s history of guys like Rocky, not deriding them as RINOs.
God man. That's horrifying. A philanderer, anti-drug-yet-pro-choice, liberal plotter-against-Goldwater and defender of the New Deal, 1960's "liberal consensus" status quo? Sickening.

And as for the other liberal Republicans? The pro-silver ones of the Gilded Age? The Radicals of the post-Civil War era? the complete out-and-out progressives and liberals like La Follette? Can't remember them doing many good things for our country.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »

God man. That's horrifying. A philanderer, anti-drug-yet-pro-choice, liberal plotter-against-Goldwater and defender of the New Deal, 1960's "liberal consensus" status quo? Sickening.

And as for the other liberal Republicans? The pro-silver ones of the Gilded Age? The Radicals of the post-Civil War era? the complete out-and-out progressives and liberals like La Follette? Can't remember them doing many good things for our country.
I'm anti-drug and pro-life and recognize that Rockefeller had his flaws, but he also fought for civil rghts.  I'm a conservative too, but I recognize that the pre-Reagan Republicans (maybe not the free silver ones) did a lot of great things for our country, too.  Yes, the way Goldwater was treated by Rocky and others was very inappropriate.  I just think there's too much division in our Party.  We need to be united, following the great Republicans (Rocky included) that went before us by fighting for freedom like they did.  I recommend Michael Zak's book Back to Basics for the Republican Party on this subject.  But I also respect the right to your opinion.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 08:34:06 PM »

I'm anti-drug and pro-life and recognize that Rockefeller had his flaws, but he also fought for civil rghts.  I'm a conservative too, but I recognize that the pre-Reagan Republicans (maybe not the free silver ones) did a lot of great things for our country, too.  Yes, the way Goldwater was treated by Rocky and others was very inappropriate.  I just think there's too much division in our Party.  We need to be united, following the great Republicans (Rocky included) that went before us by fighting for freedom like they did.  I recommend Michael Zak's book Back to Basics for the Republican Party on this subject.  But I also respect the right to your opinion.

Defusing a potential flame war like this.... It's just.... Dirty.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »

I don't even want to start one.

Defusing a potential flame war like this.... It's just.... Dirty.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »

Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »

FF
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »

Massive FF.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »

Pretty big HP.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 09:13:51 PM »

後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 03:15:03 AM »

Huge Huge HP. Quite possibly one of the worst politicians both parties had to offer. And an amalgamation of everything horrible about the Republican Party.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 05:09:15 AM »

Huge Huge HP. Quite possibly one of the worst politicians both parties had to offer. And an amalgamation of everything horrible about the Republican Party.

Care to explain why he is one of the worst politicians?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »

negative

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Drug_Laws
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attica_Prison_riot
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 10:14:08 AM »

R = HP
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 10:49:34 AM »

FF; wish we had more elected Republicans like him.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 11:36:39 AM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 07:20:50 AM »

Perhaps one of the most horrible people to ever be elected into office anywhere in the US at anytime in our nation's history.

No doubt now days people have high and fond memories of the "moderate" Republican Nelson Rockefeller for one of two reasons 1) said person is a liberal who goes gaga over any Republican who agrees with them on half of the issues so they must be great no matter how much of an opportunistic windbag they may be, and 2) HE STOOD FOR CIVIL RIGHTS GUISE!

What I've found over my time on this forum is that so-called "moderates" are perhaps the very worst sort of people.  "Moderates", almost by default, exhibit the worst of both parties.  There was probably no more glaring of an example than Nelson Rockefeller, who wasn't the liberal Republican savior liberal Democrats like to believe he was or the visage of what a sane politician looks like to "moderate" Republicans.  Conservative Republicans and the like hate the guy for the wrong reasons.  People build up this image of Rockefeller as some sort of defender of all the peoples and of all the rights when in fact he was, in more cases than a few, the sort of person who almost enjoys trampling on the rights of people.  In other words, like many politicians of his time, he was an authoritarian scumbag masquerading as a "pragmatic idealist".
General White
Vegetaboi
Rookie
United Arab Emirates

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: 2.75

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2012, 06:27:23 PM »

Huge FF
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar