Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:13:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Poll
Question: ....
I have confidence in Inks

I do not have confidence in Inks

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Motion of No Confidence in the Right Hon. Inks  (Read 11678 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »

Again, it's not a personal attack.  It's true.  It is a PROVEN fact that you overreact to things (the Tinypic incident being a prime example, where you not only overreacted, but you, yet again, ignored the facts of the situation).

Facts and opinions, Inks. You clearly don't understand the difference. In your opinion, you thought I was overreacting to The Institute locking! See how that blew up in your face?

Phil, you told argued with me that someone had hacked your Tinypic link AFTER I informed you that Tinypic themselves said what you were describing was impossible.  I'm sorry, but that is an overreaction, and any rational, logical person would agree with me.  You have a history of doing stuff like this.

And I was overreacting about The Institute, right? Did you not tell me to "stop whining and create a new one?"

I've already said I THOUGHT that you were.

Yeah, so much for your facts.

Phil, my use of the word "fact" here quite clearly (again, you're either missing the basic comprehension of what I'm saying or purposefully twisting my words to troll) referred not to this isntance, but your OVERALL tendency to overreact to things (i.e. Tinypic).
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »

See, here's the thing with your comprehension skills, Inks: the word "tendency" suggests a pattern. You keep referring to one case and think that makes it a fact.

You overreacted with The Institute. You now have a tendency to overreact. See how we can both play this game?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »

I refer to one case because it's the most recent.  If you'd like a more comprehensive list, here you go:

And more moderator bias.
I want to complain!
I'm a trouble maker?
It's already started again!
Xahar is back and already starting.
Don't use the "M" word!
Now my signature was hacked.
Time to warn Alcon.
So what do we do when a moderator refuses to do their job?
I've been infracted for calling Torie a genius. For reals.
Really, guys?
More things not allowed on the Forum!
Twelve points away from "Moderator Review."

Now, some of your complaints here are legitimate.  But do you notice a pattern?  You air your complaints and drama publicly, usually starting off in a complaining manner (just look at your use of exclamation points), and overreacting to situations that most of the forum would never start a thread over.

And these examples are just from ONE board.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »

I refer to one case because it's the most recent.  If you'd like a more comprehensive list, here you go:

And more moderator bias.
I want to complain!
I'm a trouble maker?
Don't use the "M" word!
Time to warn Alcon.
Really, guys?

Now, some of your complaints here are legitimate.  But do you notice a pattern?  You air your complaints and drama publicly, usually starting off in a complaining manner (just look at your use of exclamation points), and overreacting to situations that most of the forum would never start a thread over.

"Now, some of your complaints here are legitimate..." So how the hell am I overreacting?  Roll Eyes

So your point fails. And yes, on the Atlas board, people have to air their complaints publicly. That's how this works, Inks especially when moderators choose to ignore concerns.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »

Christ, are you two still going at it? Both of you just need to get a room, it's done with already.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2012, 02:46:17 PM »

Christ, are you two still going at it? Both of you just need to get a room, it's done with already.

I won the battle, of course. We all agree on that. It's about removing him as moderator now because of an incredibly inappropriate act.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2012, 02:46:29 PM »

And more moderator bias.
I want to complain!
I'm a trouble maker?
Don't use the "M" word!
Time to warn Alcon.
Really, guys?

"Now, some of your complaints here are legitimate..." So how the hell am I overreacting?  Roll Eyes

So your point fails. And yes, on the Atlas board, people have to air their complaints publicly. That's how this works, Inks especially when moderators choose to ignore concerns.

Some ≠ all.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »

And more moderator bias.
I want to complain!
I'm a trouble maker?
Don't use the "M" word!
Time to warn Alcon.
Really, guys?

Some ≠ all.

Uh huh. And you go on to complain that my complaints are public. Yes, Inks, that's what the Atlas board is for. Get with it, dude.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »

Right now you both need to be banned.  Roll Eyes
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2012, 02:53:36 PM »

You just don't get it, Phil.  And I'm tired of trying to make you understand.  I'm moving on, and when my recusal period is over, assuming Nym doesn't say anything, it's back to moderating.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2012, 02:59:45 PM »

You just don't get it, Phil.  And I'm tired of trying to make you understand.  I'm moving on, and when my recusal period is over, assuming Nym doesn't say anything, it's back to moderating.

No, you're really not "trying to make" me understand. You're begging me to move on (when you aren't throwing around subtle threats) because your points aren't making sense.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »

Um, do you realize you just equated "being Phil" as an insult?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2012, 06:11:20 PM »

I suspect some would become quite unpopular as they allow chaos to ensue per a laissez faire approach

this is total fearmongering nonsense.  the Forum existed for YEARS with almost NO moderation.  the Moderation system doesn't prevent anything at all, it creates controversy and is nothing but its own structure of power imposed from outside on the Forum.

So since you think ALL moderators(tion) is bad, why should anyone care if you think Inks is a bad mod?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »

Irony Ore Mine bound.....
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »

I suspect some would become quite unpopular as they allow chaos to ensue per a laissez faire approach

this is total fearmongering nonsense.  the Forum existed for YEARS with almost NO moderation.  the Moderation system doesn't prevent anything at all, it creates controversy and is nothing but its own structure of power imposed from outside on the Forum.

So since you think ALL moderators(tion) is bad, why should anyone care if you think Inks is a bad mod?

that's up to them, no?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »

Phil is reacting hysterically to the slightest criticism of his conduct. On the other hand, he's constantly insulting those he dislike or those who dared to disagree with him.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »

"Veiled or subtle attacks will also be deleted when reported."
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=108009.msg2297721#msg2297721
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »

I have confidence in Inks
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2012, 06:33:43 PM »

(I feel horrible for posting this image, but it's a lesson I think everyone in this thread needs to learn)

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »

Speaking as a mod who rarely infracts (NYJew's recent tirades being an exception), I support Inks.

Why? 

A fair question.

While I consider myself and Inks to be at opposite ends of the spectrum for moding styles, (and Lord knows he, like most mods people could learn from my ways), he's contentious and tries to do what's right. Yes, he slips, but he has probably the hardest and frequently most infraction-prone board on the Forum; the one most likely to veer off into personal acrimony. A hard job.

He goofed, it was minor, it was corrected, he apologized. End of story.

Or at least it should've been.

The weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth really has little to nothing to do with overall mod policies, and much more with settling personal scores or trying to establish "a win" in internet land.

Overall, yeah, Inks could loosen up a little in his moding, but he hardly deserves fired.

That, and the opposition here has largely degenerated into such a whiny, neurotic display of d*#k-swinging that Inks, by comparison, isn't merely worthy of support, but mother-freaking beatification.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »

that's up to them, no?

Of course it is, but you must admit antipathy to moderation of any kind makes your criticism of Inks decidedly less credible. It's like listening to an anarchist complain about their state's current governor--wholly expected, but proving little.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »

Of course it is, but you must admit antipathy to moderation of any kind makes your criticism of Inks decidedly less credible. It's like listening to an anarchist complain about their state's current governor--wholly expected, but proving little.

you're forgetting something very important -- this world looks very different to the non-Moderator than it does to the Moderator.  from your pedestal Inks' "goofs" and blunders are just that.. but down here, where we bear the brunt, where we are the whipping boys who get punished for such goofs, the reality is much different.

consider this -- the Mods collectively have in their hands my account, my membership on this website that I've been much more than an auxiliary character since I was twelve years old.  Inks' "goofs" earn him some crossfire, but my "goofs" and the goofs of the rest of the non-Moderator crown threaten our very membership on this website.  

nobody is sacred to you guys: see jmfcst, who spent TEN YEARS here and did more for this site than anyone on the Mod team (save perhaps Al) ever has, gets whisked away.  it's something very important to him on a personal level, otherwise he wouldn't repeatedly break back in.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »

moral of the story is you're screwing with people's lives.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »

moral of the story is you're screwing with people's lives.

?

Explain.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »

Uh...when Inks uses it that way, yeah. Listen, I know you're older and things go over your head a lot easier...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies