Official Mr. X for Mideast Assembly Campaign Headquarters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:31:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Mr. X for Mideast Assembly Campaign Headquarters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Mr. X for Mideast Assembly Campaign Headquarters  (Read 661 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2012, 06:41:49 PM »
« edited: November 03, 2012, 09:13:56 PM by Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X »

Welcome, glad you could stop by Smiley  Please make yourself at home and help yourself to some refreshments.

I welcome your questions, concerns, and thoughts on the issues of the day, the campaign, or really whatever you would like to ask or tell me.  The mideast has always been the backbone of Atlasia and if you do me the honor of reelecting me to the Mideast Assembly, I promise that I will continue to be a tireless advocate for the mideast.  While I am a proud liberal and will never downplay this fact I have always done everything in my power to work with members of all parties to further the interests of Atlasia and, most importantly, the mideast.  I know that together we can continue our beloved region's legacy of greatness!  I also want to say that it has been a privilege to work with Assemblymen Gass3268, 20RP12, TexasDem, Speaker Inks, and Governor Tmthforu94.  Although we may not always agree, I think you have all been excellent public servants and you have all done the Mideast proud!  This session, we have already passed comprehensive education reform bill and we are on the cusp of reforming the region's labor laws, passing major immigration reform, and we have made a great deal of progress towards the passage of the region's first balanced budget.  I hope that I can count on your support, but regardless of how you vote my door will always be open.  Thank you for your time and Dave bless the Mideast Smiley
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:41:43 PM »

It's great to see new, active members in our region! Smiley

Endorsed.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:45:43 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2012, 11:28:21 PM by Mr. X »

Mr. X on the Issues:

Abortion: Though I am personally anti-abortion, I believe that the only person who has the right to make this decision is a pregnant woman.  It isn't the government's decision, nor mine, nor anyone's other than the woman's.  As a result, I will fight to protect a woman's right to choose.  The one exception to this is in cases of partial-birth abortion.

Government Spending: While I believe that balancing the budget must always be an important priority, the ballot mustn't be balanced on the backs of the poor and middle-class alone.  Like everyone, the wealthy must pay their fair share.  Thus, I am sorry to say that I cannot in good conscience support the budget that Governor Zuwo has proposed unless there are significant increases in the income tax rates of atlasians making $300,000 or more per-year and the corporate tax rates for businesses making $350,000 or more per-year.  However, we must also be weary of spending beyond too far beyond our means on welfare programs.  I will always be the first to champion programs that offer the poor a helping hand, but turning welfare into a way of life does not do the less fortunate among us any favors in the long-term.  After all government may not be the problem, but neither is it the solution to all our problems.

Gay rights: The LGBT community deserves the same rights as all other atlasians

The Death Penalty: The death penalty is evil and barbaric, I strongly oppose it.  

Education: I oppose cutting education spending at this point in time and believe that every atlasian has the right to public education.  

Healthcare: I support universal healthcare although it must be done in a financially feasible manner.  If this is not immediately possible than I will work to expand the number of Atlasians with access to healthcare.  Healthcare is, after all, a right not a privilege.  

Unions: The worker is the centerpiece of the economy and the union is among his chief defenders.  Unions have stood with Atlasia's workers and so I will stand with them during their hours of need.  What I will not do, however, is allow them to completely dictate public policy.  I answer to no group except the people of the Mideast.  

Immigration: I support making legal immigration easier and will oppose efforts to throw up barriers blocking legal immigration into this great land of ours.  

Free-trade: I generally support free-trade agreements, but only those that (as my party's platform states) "do not infringe upon one's ability to succeed."  

Mideasternism: I am an enthusiastic supporter of the non-ideological philosophy known as Mideasternism and believe that we are truly Atlasia's greatest nation.  I will never apologize for the fact that I will always put the interests of the mideast region first and that's a promise.  I know that together, we can turn the promise of tomorrow into the reality of today.

But enough about me, what do you all think?

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 07:49:22 PM »

It's great to see new, active members in our region! Smiley

Endorsed.

Thank you for your endorsement Tmthforu94!  Best of luck in your campaign for governor Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:53:34 PM »

I like what I hear. Smiley Endorsed!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:55:15 PM »

Thank you, it is an honor to have your support President Napoleon Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 08:00:30 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2012, 02:21:14 PM by Mr. X »

Official Endorsements:

President Napoleon
Former President Tmthforu94
Mideast Assembly Candidate Gass3268
Senator Scott
Senator Ben
Former Senator Badger
The Labor Party
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 08:04:33 PM »

Even thought you are competition for the Assembly, you have my strongest endorsement!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »

En-da-da-da-dorsed!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »

How do you propose we end the budget deficit (unless you believe we should have one)?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 02:21:29 AM »

Nice to see you eventually decided to run for Assembly. Good luck! Wink
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2012, 04:40:06 PM by Mr. X »

Nice to see you eventually decided to run for Assembly. Good luck! Wink

Thank you Smiley  and I also want to thank Senator Scott and Gass3268 for their support!  

To answer A-Bob's question, if elected I intend to work with our Governor (whether former President tmthforu94 or Governor Zuwo wins the upcoming election) and the other members of the Mideast Assembly to come as close to balancing the budget as we can without placing an unfair burden on poor and middle-class Atlasians or severely damaging the economy.  I will would support a combination of tax cuts and (very carefully selected) spending cuts.  There is no getting around the fact the road to a balanced budget is a path of pragmatism, not extremism.  That being said, I will not support attempts to balance the budget on the backs of the poor and middle class by doing things such as slashing healthcare spending.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 10:04:35 PM »

What is your stance on the fact that we've never had a budget and if you believe it is possible to slash funding in a significant way without a previous existing budget for the region? I do find this a legit question when a lot of people say "we can't raise taxes or we can't cut spending" when we have never really had such broad taxes and spending - do we compare taxes and spending to RL, or is it a blank slate we make all the rules?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 11:15:19 PM »

What is your stance on the fact that we've never had a budget and if you believe it is possible to slash funding in a significant way without a previous existing budget for the region? I do find this a legit question when a lot of people say "we can't raise taxes or we can't cut spending" when we have never really had such broad taxes and spending - do we compare taxes and spending to RL, or is it a blank slate we make all the rules?

I would say that if Governor ZuWo's budget fails than we can use RL as a template (given that we've never had a budget).  However, if it passes than we can use that budget as a starting point.  I will be able to better answer your question once we know the fate of Governor Zuwo's budget.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 02:38:46 PM »

Remember to vote in the Mideast Assembly poll!
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »

Endorsed for top two preference.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »

Thank you Senator, I am honored to have your support Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 05:08:26 PM »

I would like to take a moment to commend Governor Zuwo and former President Tmthforu94 for agreeing to a debate (and of course, Judge Franzl for moderating).  I am sure that it will be highly informative for the voters of our great region!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 08:43:49 PM »

I would like to thank all the members of the Labor Party for their party's endorsement Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 12:20:14 PM »

As a former Assemblyman and Senator, I firmly believe Mr. X's storng activity and persistance will continue revitalizing interest and participation in the region. His strong interest in continuing the new budget process (an issue near and dear to my heart) is likewise a step forward for the region's future.

Endorsed. Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2012, 02:13:03 PM by Mr. X »

As a former Assemblyman and Senator, I firmly believe Mr. X's storng activity and persistance will continue revitalizing interest and participation in the region. His strong interest in continuing the new budget process (an issue near and dear to my heart) is likewise a step forward for the region's future.

Endorsed. Smiley

Thank you for your kind words and for your support Smiley
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 02:38:33 PM »

I just want to remind all everyone to be sure to vote in the Mideast regional election.  I hope that I can count on your support, but if not, I still hope you take this chance to make your voice heard.  I would also like to take a moment to thank my opponents for running such positive campaigns and I know that regardless of who wins our great region will be in good hands!  Thank you and Dave bless the Mideast Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies