CNN Poll of LV's (post-DNC) Obama: 52 % Romney: 46 %
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:04:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  CNN Poll of LV's (post-DNC) Obama: 52 % Romney: 46 %
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CNN Poll of LV's (post-DNC) Obama: 52 % Romney: 46 %  (Read 1580 times)
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 04:35:40 PM »

Harry Enten, poll analyst for The Guardian in the UK, says on twitter the poll sample of that CNN poll appears to be  44/34/22, or D+10. Now I know Dems are optimistic, but D+10?  Romney leads 54-40 w/ Indies, 96/2 w/ GOP, and Obama's at 97/3 w/ Dems. +6 wouldn't be possible otherwise.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was beginning to lose my faith for a second, then it turns out we have another overly Democratic poll sample.

Nothing to see here, move on.

Keep living in your delusional British Republican fantasy world.

Obama is up big and no amount of spinning by you, other right-wing trolls, or the Romney campaign is going to change that.

Turnout will not be 44% Democrat.

Any reasonable person, on both sides of the aisle, should be able to see that.

Maybe not 44% people who are registered Democrats, but 44% people who identify as such. Anyway, the topline number jives with everything else we're seeing around, so when you jump on this poll as "bogus" and cheer a poll showing Obama up by only 2 points, your trolling gets obvious.

Don't throw stones in glass houses.

kthxbai
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 04:37:57 PM »

Harry Enten, poll analyst for The Guardian in the UK, says on twitter the poll sample of that CNN poll appears to be  44/34/22, or D+10. Now I know Dems are optimistic, but D+10?  Romney leads 54-40 w/ Indies, 96/2 w/ GOP, and Obama's at 97/3 w/ Dems. +6 wouldn't be possible otherwise.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I was beginning to lose my faith for a second, then it turns out we have another overly Democratic poll sample.

Nothing to see here, move on.

Keep living in your delusional British Republican fantasy world.

Obama is up big and no amount of spinning by you, other right-wing trolls, or the Romney campaign is going to change that.

Turnout will not be 44% Democrat.

Any reasonable person, on both sides of the aisle, should be able to see that.

Maybe not 44% people who are registered Democrats, but 44% people who identify as such. Anyway, the topline number jives with everything else we're seeing around, so when you jump on this poll as "bogus" and cheer a poll showing Obama up by only 2 points, your trolling gets obvious.

Don't throw stones in glass houses.

kthxbai

LOL

It's funny when right-wing trolls accuse others of trolling when they are desperately clinging to the most questionable polls so that they can delude themselves into believing that Romney still has a chance.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »

Regardless of what this poll says, you can't really discount that Obama is leading at this point, every poll is showing that, even Rasmussen. Now unless every pollster is on a concentrated effort against Romney, there is really no disputing that Obama is in the better position right now.

It seems to me that some normal independents may have chosen partisan ID in this poll, rather than just saying independent, so may view party ID more fluidly than the pollster intends. That would explain why independents are lower here.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »

Regardless of what this poll says, you can't really discount that Obama is leading at this point, every poll is showing that, even Rasmussen. Now unless every pollster is on a concentrated effort against Romney, there is really no disputing that Obama is in the better position right now.

It seems to me that some normal independents may have chosen partisan ID in this poll, rather than just saying independent, so may view party ID more fluidly than the pollster intends. That would explain why independents are lower here.

I really wouldn't put it past some people here.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2012, 04:40:48 PM »

^^^This.

Yet, the trolls keep trolling...
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2012, 04:41:53 PM »
« Edited: September 10, 2012, 04:43:51 PM by Invisible Voter »

If this poll were an outlier it would be easy to "dismiss and move on" but it is consistent with the trackers. 

By the end of the week I suspect there will be new polls from the other usual big outfits and we can be more confident but at this point the debate is down to "how big is Obama's lead/bounce?" not "is Obama ahead?"

I suspect the next polls will be in the +3 to +6 range with Obama settling in to about a +4 average by the end of the week which will probably shrink down to +2 or +3 by Debate #1 in 3 weeks.
MorningInAmerica
polijunkie3057
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 0.52

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 04:43:13 PM »

If this poll were an outlier it would be easy to "dismiss and move on" but it is consistent with the trackers. 

By the end of the week I suspect there will be new polls from the other usual big outfits and we can be more confident but at this point the debate is down to "how big is Obama's lead/bounce?" not "is Obama ahead?"

There's no question Obama's leading. Did I miss someone suggesting he wasn't?
Craigo
Rookie
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »

Once again: Weighting by party ID is a mistake. It is a very volatile characteristic, unlike race and age. Twisting samples to produce what you think the numbers should "really" look like according to what you personally believe is foolish. Use characteristics that don't swing wildly back and forth from one cycle to the next.
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM »

The British troll.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2012, 05:39:40 PM »

In before Ben Romney and Umengus give us "their numbers."
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2012, 11:04:39 PM »

I'm guessing CNN doesn't weigh by party ID?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 07:00:01 AM »

The British troll.

Supersonic is not a troll, nor was he suggesting a Romney lead.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 07:29:01 AM »

The British troll.

I sense someone is talking about me...
Craigo
Rookie
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 10:30:23 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2012, 10:33:48 AM by Craigo »

I'm guessing CNN doesn't weigh by party ID?

Rasmussen is the only major pollster I know of that weight by party ID. They weight each new survey using a rolling average of the previous three months' raw samples.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies