PPP NC/OH polls to be released tonight; Obama surging past 2008 margins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:11:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP NC/OH polls to be released tonight; Obama surging past 2008 margins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP NC/OH polls to be released tonight; Obama surging past 2008 margins  (Read 5561 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 09, 2012, 08:53:07 PM »

Oh look, it's everyone's favorite word to throw around with people they disagree with. "Troll." How original. Such a simple way to dimiss things you'd rather not have to know about.

You infest almost every thread on these boards and manage to be the hackiest of the hacks in virtually every single one.

Only because the hackiest hacks don't post as broadly.  In any case, I wouldn't call MIA a hack or a troll.  He's definitely highly partisan, but not so much that unlike the real hacks I don't think he's either delusional or putting on an act.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »

15% of Ohio Republicans think Romney deserves more credit for the killing of Osama bin Laden? How severe is the brain damage of those folks? How does Romney have anything at all to do with it?

If Romney hadn't gotten Obama scared that he might lose reelection, Obama would never have authorized killing a fellow Muslim.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:22:52 PM »

I just think my standards have become a little too high for what I expect from others. So I apologize. I should remember what board this is.

Heh, yeah, that's exactly it. Your standards are too high. Again, you started this convo.

You don't have to be trying to prove Marokai right.  Sometimes the best thing you can do is follow the wisdom of Thumper's father, a wisdom both of you would benefit from I think,
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 02:42:41 AM »

But isn't it a little bit odd that pollsters refuse to include Gary Johnson in their polls when he's actually on the ballot in NC ? A previous Zogby poll has shown that Johnson could take away about 2-3% from Romney in the state.

No, it's not odd when you consider the historical pattern of Libertarian polling.  They always vastly overpoll, with the margin narrowing as Election Day nears, and on Election Day they get considerably less than the margin of error that the polls have.  Most third party responses in polls come from people who don't like either major party choice and thus the response should be interpreted in that fashion.  By and large, those people either vote for one of the two major parties come Election Day or they stay home.

So by asking a longer question that slows down the poll and increases the chance of being hung up on, all a pollster gets is statistical noise.  For a few states such as New Mexico (Johnson) and Virginia (Goode) it is worth asking about them, if only to check if they actually have a shot at doing better than the MoE.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies