PPP NC/OH polls to be released tonight; Obama surging past 2008 margins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:57:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP NC/OH polls to be released tonight; Obama surging past 2008 margins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP NC/OH polls to be released tonight; Obama surging past 2008 margins  (Read 5518 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: September 09, 2012, 07:15:44 PM »

9/7/12:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

9/8/12:

9/9/12:

Wow. Well, it looks like it's about time to start searching for employment outside of the United States.

Unless you want to go work in some developing country, the rest of the developed world is doing worse than America.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 07:33:25 PM »

Yeah, but 5-6% growth is still better than the 2% in America and about 0% in Europe. Of course the base matters...a lot.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »

I actually think it's more that the entire Cleveland/Akron/Canton metro as well as the Mahoning valley have stayed about the same as 2008, or in the case of this poll, has swung to Obama from 2008. Similar deal in SE Ohio but there aren't that many people there to make a difference. I think the Columbus area will be swinging back as much as the national average and perhaps Cincinnati as well.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 10:10:55 PM »

I think Obama probably gets a better bounce in states like CO, FL, VA with larger minority populations. Anything more than 5 up in Ohio is unrealistic.

Indeed, that is what the goal of the convention was. Still, Clinton probably moved voters in places like Ohio and helped motivate minority voters as well.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 10:13:39 PM »

I was merely trying to say Obama must be doing well in more areas than just the SE because I do believe he will lose some ground in the Columbus metro where he did great and perhaps in the Cincinnati area as well. This would mean there is a heavy Obama trend in Cleveland and other industrial areas in the NE. That is my hypothesis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies