Is it weird that I feel so empowered because I called into work today?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:38:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it weird that I feel so empowered because I called into work today?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it weird that I feel so empowered because I called into work today?  (Read 251 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:25:58 PM »

It's 12:24PM and I'm sitting in my bed still instead of sitting in a cubicle. And it was no one's choice by my own! I didn't get this approved, I made my own weekend. I told my work "screw you, I'm so sick of it this week, I'm taking a three day weekend." And it won't hurt me, I still have my two allowed "personal leave occurrences" every quarter and the quarter ends at the end of September, I still have yet another free off day to use before the quarter ends! For some reason that makes me enjoy this day far more than I will enjoy my Sundays and Mondays.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »

Surely you didn't actually say 'scr*w you'?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 01:52:59 PM »

Ha ha no. My work is actually pretty insistent that if you call in don't leave a message with anything other than your name, department, callback number and that you won't be in today because they have to transcribe EVERYTHING you say, and don't want to write up some long rambling deal about how you're or your car won't start or whatever. Reason is irrelevant basically. So my bit above was just metaphorical.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 02:52:07 PM »

Ha ha no. My work is actually pretty insistent that if you call in don't leave a message with anything other than your name, department, callback number and that you won't be in today because they have to transcribe EVERYTHING you say, and don't want to write up some long rambling deal about how you're or your car won't start or whatever. Reason is irrelevant basically. So my bit above was just metaphorical.

So do you say "Hi, its BRTD, I won't be in today"?  Or just "BRTD, telephone department, 555-1212"?  How dehumanizing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies