GER-Infratest dimap/ARD: Germany's 140 EV solidly in the Obama column (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:00:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  GER-Infratest dimap/ARD: Germany's 140 EV solidly in the Obama column (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GER-Infratest dimap/ARD: Germany's 140 EV solidly in the Obama column  (Read 5557 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: September 07, 2012, 08:31:18 AM »

Doesn't surprise me. I'd be more interested in the 7% of Germans that support Romney. Who is that? I doubt anyone I know here is against Obama. NPD voters and xenophobics?
The two people I know who support the NPD are the same two [German] people I know who support Romney.

It actually surprises me that NPD voters would support Mitt Romney. After all he's a "Zionist puppet" and candidate of the "Jewish-American corporate elite". Tongue

Germany has a very tiny group of neo-conservatives who are staunchly pro-American (read pro-Republican) and pro-Israel (read pro-Likud), who supported the Iraq invasion in 2003 and would support an Israeli strike against Iran. Think Henryk M. Broder as an prominent example (ignore his religion please, there are also non-Jewish examples). I suppose most Romney supporters must come from that group.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 04:50:57 AM »

What saddens me is that a wonderful country like Germany votes like DC Tongue

It saddens me that as good a country as the USA will give Romney/Ryan at least 45% of the votes Smiley

It saddens me that German right-wingers think that Obama espouses similar views to themselves.

Well, Obama has similar views to the German Conservatives, really.
There is a big decalage between European and American politics.
Someone running with Merkel policies in USA would be attacked for being a liberal.

Heck, Angela Merkel is even sometimes attacked by German conservatives for being "too liberal". In America, she would be considered a pinko communist traitor. Tongue
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:32:50 AM »

You know, maybe I'm just dumb, but I honestly don't understand what Keystone Phil is trying to say here. I even looked up the term "handwringing" in a dictionary, but it didn't help. Can someone help me comprehend what he's getting at??
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies