Bad ideas
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:11:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bad ideas
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Bad ideas  (Read 3024 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 30, 2012, 06:55:52 PM »

Along similar lines to my last thread, name something you do regularly that you know is stupid but still do anyway. I personally try to find outlet holes with my fingers when it's dark far too often. I'm surprised I haven't been killed yet.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »

I eat fast food.
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 08:06:44 PM »

Not bothering to clear my browsing history.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 08:50:01 PM »

I drink too much Mountain Dew Code Red. I'm surprised I haven't gotten some sickness from it yet.

I also chew on pencils, which is just asking for lead poisoning.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 08:59:57 PM »

-Cannabis use in an environment where I know I'll have an awkward introverted high aftwards
-Excessive alcohol intake when I know I need to be up early in the morning
-Coming up with incredibly inventive forms of procrastination when dealing with an academic deadline
-Not sleeping enough at night

Probably a few more there, but those are the big ones that come to mind at the moment.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 09:01:45 PM »

-Cannabis use in an environment where I know I'll have an awkward introverted high aftwards
-Excessive alcohol intake when I know I need to be up early in the morning

Oh God, amen to both of those
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »

I smoke.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 09:37:18 PM »

Cracking my knuckles, and neck. I do it far too often. Sometimes my toes, too.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 09:40:15 PM »

You really need to make the switch to the better smoke. Tobacco's literally got nothin on it.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »

You really need to make the switch to the better smoke. Tobacco's literally got nothin on it.

I will most certainly try weed some day, and the Atlas Forum will hear all about it, don't you worry Wink
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 09:46:18 PM »

I drink too much Mountain Dew Code Red. I'm surprised I haven't gotten some sickness from it yet.

I also chew on pencils, which is just asking for lead poisoning.

Don't worry, pencils are made with graphite, not lead. They're called lead for historical reasons.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 01:49:07 AM »

Along similar lines to my last thread, name something you do regularly that you know is stupid but still do anyway. I personally try to find outlet holes with my fingers when it's dark far too often. I'm surprised I haven't been killed yet.
There is nothing wrong with looking for the holes in the dark, your fingers are much too big to fit in them.  Problems can arise if you're touching the leads on the plug when you plug it into the outlets, but even then you'll likely just get a nice burn unless you're standing in a bucket of water or gripping a pipe (no, not that pipe) with your other hand.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 03:02:52 AM »

I'll add tobacco use to my list as well. I've been a smoker for just over two years now, not counting a couple of times where I quit for about a month. At one point I was buying three or four packs a week, though thankfully I've at least managed to cut down tremendously. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'll be at least a situational smoker for the rest of college (smoking when drinking, having coffee, writing essays, driving long distances, and I'll often use it as an excuse to go outside for a moment when I feel like I've been staring at a computer or TV screen for too long). Quitting for good is definitely on my short-term wishlist and is a concrete medium-term goal, I just wish I had the mental fortitude to stop cold-turkey of my own volition, ASAP.     

Jesus man, stop now! If you smokie more than a year as an underage and are still smoking at all by the time you turn 18, studies show you're something like 500% more likely to still be a smoker when you die (and of course, are much more likely to die prematurely because of it).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 05:49:10 AM »
« Edited: August 31, 2012, 05:52:03 AM by Alcon »

1. Sleep deprivation for no good reason at all
2. Some major procrastination issues
3. Occasionally drink a little more than is necessary for good times, and feel it the next day
4. Have a bunch of "productive-feeling" time-wasters (like debating online) I resort to, so as to avoid real work

and now that I'm done describing every college student ever: I tend to have a somewhat hypomanic personality that leads me to impulsive things like reckless bike maneuvers, excessive forwardness with strangers, and general lack of inhibition/shame (even with girls.)  Oh, and I'll answer nearly any question I'm asked, and -- after a minimal amount of alcohol -- I'll even do it on video.  I can keep this all under control when I need to, but not always when I probably should.

also, it's 4 AM on a weeknight and I'm on this forum.  that's a problem unto itself
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 05:53:14 AM »

Jesus man, stop now! If you smokie more than a year as an underage and are still smoking at all by the time you turn 18, studies show you're something like 500% more likely to still be a smoker when you die (and of course, are much more likely to die prematurely because of it).
^ BK is absolutely right. My father smokes for 20 years and his health is in really worrying condition.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 05:59:38 AM »

I personally try to find outlet holes with my fingers when it's dark far too often. I'm surprised I haven't been killed yet.

Maybe your dates are just the forgiving type?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 07:10:12 AM »

1. Procrastination
2. Eating take-away/not exercising
3. Sit like an idiot
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 09:01:09 AM »

^ BK is absolutely right. My father smokes for 20 years and his health is in really worrying condition.

I'm in the process of quitting. It's been about 2 weeks since I've last had one, so I guess that's good Tongue
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 09:35:09 AM »

I'm assuming this has something to do with the amount of sitting you do. My first assumption was quite confusing though, that you sit in an idiotic way. Imagining that was amusing though.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »

I'm assuming this has something to do with the amount of sitting you do. My first assumption was quite confusing though, that you sit in an idiotic way. Imagining that was amusing though.

The classic case we can all remember:

後援会
koenkai

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -2.52

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »

Eating things with ghost pepper in it. Or adding ghost pepper sauce to normally normal dishes.

It's such a terrible idea every single time but I keep doing it.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 02:21:35 PM »

and now that I'm done describing every college student ever: I tend to have a somewhat hypomanic personality that leads me to impulsive things like reckless bike maneuvers, excessive forwardness with strangers, and general lack of inhibition/shame (even with girls.)  Oh, and I'll answer nearly any question I'm asked, and -- after a minimal amount of alcohol -- I'll even do it on video.  I can keep this all under control when I need to, but not always when I probably should.

Honestly, this describes me perfectly (except replace reckless biking with way-too-fast driving), but I've never really considered it a problem before. I consider my openness with others to be a net positive; the fearless forwardness has definitely paid off for my social life much more often than not. I just consider it all a part of who I am. Why look at it negatively Alcon?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »

Dating...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 03:09:57 PM »

opebo has mentioned that about a billion times now.......no one listens.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 04:43:04 PM »

opebo has mentioned that about a billion times now.......no one listens.

However 'dating' is recommended.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies