VA: Rasmussen: Obama, Romney tied at 47%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:58:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  VA: Rasmussen: Obama, Romney tied at 47%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA: Rasmussen: Obama, Romney tied at 47%  (Read 1155 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:46:48 AM »

New Poll: Virginia President by Rasmussen on 2012-8-23

Summary: D: 47%, R: 47%, I: 3%, U: 3%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:49:17 AM »

'Odd that Obama is doing better in MO than VA.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:51:34 AM »

I'll take tied in VA at the height of Romney's Ryan afterglow.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »

It seems like we have an incredible amount of states that are tossups or at least borderline tossups right now.
pa2011
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2012, 11:12:19 AM »

Virginia is one state where, if I am Romney, I don't want to be tied heading into election day if I want to win it. Obama's has basically been somewhat on the ground there for four years, and his ground game has really ramped up this year -- giving him huge edge over Romney. And guess Team Obama knows what it needs to do in final week to bolster black turnout in Hampton Roads/Richmond and progressive/young turnout in Nova. Once black turnout gets so high, the "swing" counties of Henrico in suburban Richmond and Prince William in Northern Virginia become very, very hard for a Republican to win.
pepper11
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »

2 point Romney gain. Ryanmentum continues.  The RCP averages are starting to look much better.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »

At this point, with WI, IA, and OH slipping away, VA is becoming a must win for Obama.  And it is not looking good.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2012, 01:50:23 PM »

At this point, with WI, IA, and OH slipping away, VA is becoming a must win for Obama.  And it is not looking good.
Opebo, from your posts, you never seem at all optimistic. I don't see Ohio slipping away at all. Obama has had a consistent lead all year. Wisconsin is moving to toss-up, but it always was there for most people. Ryan didn't change the race that much. He just made the race a choice and not a referendum, which HELPS Obama.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »

Didn't you have horror stories of McCain winning back in 2008?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2012, 01:59:20 PM »

It does appear that Romney may be favored in Wisconsin and Iowa, but I haven't seen signs that indicate Ohio is swinging towards Mittens. It is beneficial that Iowa, Wisconsin, and Colorado are all looking to be very tight - it gives Romney a bit more room to breath.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 02:00:27 PM »

Opebo, from your posts, you never seem at all optimistic. I don't see Ohio slipping away at all. Obama has had a consistent lead all year. Wisconsin is moving to toss-up, but it always was there for most people. Ryan didn't change the race that much. He just made the race a choice and not a referendum, which HELPS Obama.

Didn't you have horror stories of McCain winning back in 2008?

Guys, it is true I'm a terrible pessimist.  I think it was a kind of amazing miracle or aberration that Obama won in 2008.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 02:06:46 PM »

Yeah, there has no movement in Ohio since the beginning of this year. And bearing something major happening, I don't see Romney making up ground to flip the state.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 02:07:56 PM »

How is Ohio slipping away at all? And we rarely get polling from Iowa these days.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 02:32:13 PM »

Virginia and Omaha. Strangely enough, this election may well be decided by Omaha.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 02:38:50 PM »

Yeah, there has no movement in Ohio since the beginning of this year. And bearing something major happening, I don't see Romney making up ground to flip the state.

How is Ohio slipping away at all? And we rarely get polling from Iowa these days.

Guys I'm just watching the polls popping up here, and also looking at this map every day: http://www.electoral-vote.com/  - looks to me like the polls went from a clear few point lead for Obama to about a 1-2 point lead or tied (in other words the state went from 'likely Democratic' to 'barely Democratic' on that map).  Seems to me there's been a definite erosion.

Virginia and Omaha. Strangely enough, this election may well be decided by Omaha.

But Omaha is extremely like to vote for Romney, Ljube.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 02:46:44 PM »

Omaha is likely Romney, but he must still defend it, or Obama might pluck it.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 03:02:58 PM »

Guys I'm just watching the polls popping up here, and also looking at this map every day: http://www.electoral-vote.com/  - looks to me like the polls went from a clear few point lead for Obama to about a 1-2 point lead or tied (in other words the state went from 'likely Democratic' to 'barely Democratic' on that map).  Seems to me there's been a definite erosion.

But Omaha is extremely like to vote for Romney, Ljube.

Silver just bumped his forecast of Obama winning OH to 70% from 64% today. Mitt hasn't made any grounds in that state and bearing some major event the state will be in Obama's column.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies