What Do You Think Will Happen if Romney Wins? If Obama Wins?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 08:28:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What Do You Think Will Happen if Romney Wins? If Obama Wins?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What Do You Think Will Happen if Romney Wins? If Obama Wins?  (Read 2021 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:15:07 AM »
« edited: August 08, 2012, 11:00:49 AM by Politico »

My take:

If Romney gets in:

- Economic confidence will be restored.
- Majority of ObamaCare will be repealed.
- Welfare will not become a way of life again.
- The Keystone Pipeline will get the green light on day one.
- We will not play second fiddle to China. This must be America's century.
- Tax reform will be the signature legislation of the Romney Administration.
- The situation in Iran will be resolved, sowing the seeds of peace in the Middle East.

----------------------------------------------------

If Obama gets back in we'll have a replay of the past four years, and more:

- High unemployment, especially for the nation's youth (whose well-educated are not immune).
- A continuation of the tense situation in Iran that is left for Obama's successor.
- Finishing second to China in more ways than just the Olympics.
- Unsustainable deficits that are left for Obama's successor.
- Allowing oil in Alberta to flow to China rather than Texas.
- A return to welfare as a way of life for millions.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:26:27 AM »

We got it. You like Romney.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 08:26:57 AM »

The world will go on and people will go back to their daily lives.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 08:30:45 AM »

If Obama gets back, murder, robbery, rape, adultery and incest will be openly taught and tolerated. The soil will be soaked with blood, female chasity violated and Politico will crap his pants out of anger.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 08:39:32 AM »

My take:

If Romney gets in:

- Economic confidence will be restored.
- Welfare will not become a way of life again.
- The Keystone Pipeline will get the green light on day one.
- We will not play second fiddle to China. This must be America's century.
- Tax reform will be the signature legislation of the Romney Administration.
- The situation in Iran will be resolved, sowing the seeds of peace in the Middle East.

- High unemployment, especially for young adults (whose well-educated are not immune).
- A continuation of the tense situation in Iran that is left for Obama's successor.
- Finishing second to China in more ways than just the Olympics.
- Unsustainable deficits that are left for Obama's successor.
- Allowing oil in Alberta to flow to China rather than Texas.
- A return to welfare as a way of life for millions.

I agree.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 10:54:02 AM »

My take:

If Romney gets in:

- Economic thuggery will be restored.
- Working poverty will  become the norm again.
- The Keystone Pipeline will get the green light on day one -- and rushed, it will become an ecological disaster in the making.
- We will offshore even more jobs to China. This must be America's century -- but only for America's economic elites.
- Shift of taxes from economic elites to people who struggle for everything they get will be the signature legislation of the Romney Administration.
- The situation in Iran will be transformed into a horrific war.

- Falling unemployment, especially for young adults (whose well-educated are not immune).
- A continuation of the tense situation in Iran until the Iranian thug leadership begs for mercy at terms largely at American choosing.
- Not falling behind the rest of the world in living standards and social justice.
- Shrinking deficits that are left for Obama's successor to finish off.
- Allowing oil in Alberta to flow to China rather than into the Oglalla aquifer.
- More people off welfare because of an economy growing sustainably.

Fixed.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 11:05:08 AM »

Politico, how do you suggest Romney will "resolve" the situation in Iran. I pretty much agree with everything you said other than this one.

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 11:05:17 AM »

- Falling unemployment, especially for young adults (whose well-educated are not immune).
- A continuation of the tense situation in Iran until the Iranian thug leadership begs for mercy at terms largely at American choosing.
- Not falling behind the rest of the world in living standards and social justice.
- Allowing oil in Alberta to flow to China rather than into the Oglalla aquifer.

Fixed.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Obamadness
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 11:05:46 AM »

Politico, how do you suggest Romney will "resolve" the situation in Iran. I pretty much agree with everything you said other than this one.

Nuke them to hell!!!!!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 11:09:18 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2012, 11:11:22 AM by Runeghost »

If Romney gets in we'll have a replay of the past twelve years, and more:

- The economy will continue to stumble along in the 'new normal'.
- Obamacare will not be repealed, save for some token modifications to aspects of it  that the insurance companies do not like.
- Corporate welfare, especially for 'To Big To Fail' will continue to be a way of life.
- The oil-based economy will continue, with small, token nods to alternative energy.
- America will continue to make noises about China, but do nothing.
- Things will get worse for most Americans, but better for the very wealthy and large business.
- There will be a large chance of an out-of-control war in the Middle East.

If Obama gets back in we'll have a replay of the past twelve years, and more:
- Obamacare will not be repealed, although there will continue to be 'exemptions' and perhaps some useless 'corrections' after it starts to fail.
- Corporate welfare, especially for 'To Big To Fail' will continue to be a way of life.
- The oil-based economy will continue, with small, token nods to alternative energy.
- Things will get worse for most Americans, better for the very wealthy and large business.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 11:10:09 AM »

Fixed.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Obamadness

Because a return to supply-side isn't mindless repitition, right? Keynesian economics worked in 1933 and it's working, albeit more slowly, today.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »

Rhodie. By nuking Iran, we'd double the rate at which Pakistan and India create bombs. Is that smart?

Nuclear deterrence relies on a nuclear weapon never being used again. If we were to nuke Iran without instigation, we'd be doing exactly what we're afraid of them doing to us. It would upset the world order tremendously and spiral everything out of control.

Military intervention without nuclear weapons would be the "most effective" option, but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it the "best" option.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 11:15:01 AM »

Fixed.

Obamadness

Because a return to supply-side isn't mindless repitition, right? Keynesian economics worked in 1933 and it's working, albeit more slowly, today.

Keynesian economics is not a cure, its a palliative. It has never caused the total recovery of any major economy, only numbed the pain. The only public spending that can actually seriously regenerate the economy is public spending on the scale of re-armament in World War II, and I don't think anyone is pushing for a solution quite like that.

Rhodie. By nuking Iran, we'd double the rate at which Pakistan and India create bombs. Is that smart?

Nuclear deterrence relies on a nuclear weapon never being used again. If we were to nuke Iran without instigation, we'd be doing exactly what we're afraid of them doing to us. It would upset the world order tremendously and spiral everything out of control.

Military intervention without nuclear weapons would be the "most effective" option, but I don't think I'd go so far as to call it the "best" option.

I was joking about the nukes, though I still think military intervention is necessary.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »

Romney will tighten the noose with regards to covert ops until Iran collapses from within.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 11:27:56 AM »

Fixed.

Obamadness

Keynesian economics is not a cure, its a palliative. It has never caused the total recovery of any major economy, only numbed the pain. The only public spending that can actually seriously regenerate the economy is public spending on the scale of re-armament in World War II, and I don't think anyone is pushing for a solution quite like that.

I was joking about the nukes, though I still think military intervention is necessary.

Sorry lol. I saw your post count and assumed you were just being like many other new posters here. My apologies. I've read some of your posts--they're good. Welcome. Smiley
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 11:34:40 AM »

Fixed.

Obamadness

Sorry lol. I saw your post count and assumed you were just being like many other new posters here. My apologies. I've read some of your posts--they're good. Welcome. Smiley

Thanks Smiley
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »
« Edited: August 08, 2012, 12:17:01 PM by IDS Legislator SJoyceFla »

Wholeheartedly agree! Military intervention is entirely necessary in Iran. Wouldn't be difficult at all to attempt to hold down a country four times the size and with three times the populace as Iraq while continuing to occupy Afghanistan. I'm sure that the Iranian mullahs and the majority of Iranians who follow their teachings will welcome us as liberators of their people and will not react at all badly to foreign troops occupying their soil, establishing military bases on their land, and patrolling their streets in our military vehicles. There's no way an American invasion would turn what's currently a highly unpopular regime into heroes of Islamic resistance, and would give the regime no reason whatsoever to launch violent counterattacks across the world in the form of terrorist attacks on US citizens. Wouldn't cause any more Iranian nationalism, and certainly wouldn't advance extremism in Islam. I'm sure they'll greatly appreciate American troops being there to keep them safe and promote democracy (with full attention towards protecting our 'strategic interests' out near Abadan). Bet they'll love American troops killing and terrorizing their neighbors, setting up checkpoints on their soil, ransacking entire neighborhoods, all that stuff. That won't cause any hatred or resentment towards us, of course not. They'll love the nation that overthrew democracy in Iran coming back in with a stated aim of restoring it, and they'll love the "democracy" we create, with the MEK (which is a communist terrorist cult) as the permanent ruling party. Yep, yep, no American soldiers will die overseas, there won't be any casualties, no issues there. We'll be welcomed with open arms into Iran, which has absolutely no rugged terrain capable of hiding a guerrilla force of significant size. You have a Republican avatar, of course, so I know you care about this fiscally conservative move. The benefits of conquering Iran of course outweigh the costs (financial and physical) of occupying the Persian Gulf indefinitely while getting involved in a host of other regional conflicts through making so many more new enemies and angering the Shiite government of Iraq, not to mention the cost of the disruption of the flow of oil. Makes sense.

I assume you'll be first into the recruitment offices to sign up to fight, right?

Ready the troops, boys, this is gonna be our new national anthem! Let's bomb em into democracy!
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 12:08:48 PM »

I suspect that the only thing of note that will happen is that Romney will reduce the ridiculous Obama explosion of spending on food stamps, welfare, and Medicaid that has led to $5.3 trillion in debt over the past 3.5 years.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 12:11:51 PM »

If Romney gets in we'll have a replay of the past twelve years, and more:

- Obamacare will not be repealed, save for some token modifications to aspects of it  that the insurance companies do not like.
- Things will get worse for most Americans, but better for the very wealthy and large business.

If Obama gets back in we'll have a replay of the past twelve years, and more:
- Obamacare will not be repealed, although there will continue to be 'exemptions' and perhaps some useless 'corrections' after it starts to fail.
- Things will get worse for most Americans, better for the very wealthy and large business.

basically this.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 12:13:25 PM »

I suspect that the only thing of note that will happen is that Romney will reduce the ridiculous Obama explosion of spending on food stamps, welfare, and Medicaid that has led to $5.3 trillion in debt over the past 3.5 years.

Such expansion in welfare as we have had is the result of the Little Depression and not a choice to use welfare as political patronage. 
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »

Why are you so eager to keep food out of the mouths of starving children and deny healthcare to those who can't afford it? I'm in the conservative wing of my party, but this is why I could never join the Republican party in good conscience.

Of course, at the start of Bush's first term, 17 million were on food stamps and by 2009, 32 million were, an 88% increase. Please tell me more about how Republican policies of the Bush years, that Romney endorses, were successful....

krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 12:17:28 PM »

Such expansion in welfare as we have had is the result of the Little Depression and not a choice to use welfare as political patronage. 

That's a touching and sad excuse, if you ignore the obvious fact that Obamacare itself was a conscious choice to use Medicaid and political patronage to further the dubious unnecessary liberal goal of universal government funded health care.

And of course if you ignore the fact that it results in $5.3 trillion of unaffordable borrowing. Which is why Keynesians are a bunch of liars, as they accumulate such masses of debt saying that they will pay it off later, but never do. 3 years into this economic expansion, halfway to the next recession (based on historical business cycles) and government spending is still heavily elevated.
Rhodie
Rookie
South Africa

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »

Wholeheartedly agree! Military intervention is entirely necessary in Iran. Wouldn't be difficult at all to attempt to hold down a country four times the size and with three times the populace as Iraq while continuing to occupy Afghanistan. I'm sure that the Iranian mullahs and the majority of Iranians who follow their teachings will welcome us as liberators of their people and will not react at all badly to foreign troops occupying their soil, establishing military bases on their land, and patrolling their streets in our military vehicles. I'm sure they'll greatly appreciate American troops being there to keep them safe and promote democracy (with full attention towards protecting our 'strategic interests' out near Abadan). Bet they'll love American troops killing and terrorizing their neighbors, setting up checkpoints on their soil, ransacking entire neighborhoods, all that stuff. That won't cause any hatred or resentment towards us, of course not. They'll love the nation that overthrew democracy in Iran coming back in with a stated aim of restoring it. Yep, yep, no American soldiers will die overseas, there won't be any casualties, no issues there. We'll be welcomed with open arms into Iran, which has absolutely no rugged terrain capable of hiding a guerrilla force of significant size.

I assume you'll be first into the recruitment offices to sign up to fight, right?

So you'd prefer it if we allowed Iran to gain nuclear weapons. Also, your attitude towards the role of the American military, saying that they kill and terrorize ordinary people and ransack their neighbourhoods, I find that disgusting. How did America overthrow Democracy in Iran.

Finally, no to you last question since I'm not an American citizen.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 12:20:02 PM »

Why are you so eager to keep food out of the mouths of starving children and deny healthcare to those who can't afford it? I'm in the conservative wing of my party, but this is why I could never join the Republican party in good conscience.

Of course, at the start of Bush's first term, 17 million were on food stamps and by 2009, 32 million were, an 88% increase. Please tell me more about how Republican policies of the Bush years, that Romney endorses, were successful....

The obvious mathematical answer is that the government cannot afford it either. Bush should have followed the Clinton policy of kicking people off the public dole rather than putting them on it. Incidentally Obama followed the Bush policy.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »

Wholeheartedly agree! Military intervention is entirely necessary in Iran. Wouldn't be difficult at all to attempt to hold down a country four times the size and with three times the populace as Iraq while continuing to occupy Afghanistan. I'm sure that the Iranian mullahs and the majority of Iranians who follow their teachings will welcome us as liberators of their people and will not react at all badly to foreign troops occupying their soil, establishing military bases on their land, and patrolling their streets in our military vehicles. I'm sure they'll greatly appreciate American troops being there to keep them safe and promote democracy (with full attention towards protecting our 'strategic interests' out near Abadan). Bet they'll love American troops killing and terrorizing their neighbors, setting up checkpoints on their soil, ransacking entire neighborhoods, all that stuff. That won't cause any hatred or resentment towards us, of course not. They'll love the nation that overthrew democracy in Iran coming back in with a stated aim of restoring it. Yep, yep, no American soldiers will die overseas, there won't be any casualties, no issues there. We'll be welcomed with open arms into Iran, which has absolutely no rugged terrain capable of hiding a guerrilla force of significant size.

So you'd prefer it if we allowed Iran to gain nuclear weapons.

Would you like some more straw for that man you are building?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies