Ad-Irresponsibility...Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:20:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ad-Irresponsibility...Again
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ad-Irresponsibility...Again  (Read 660 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 22, 2005, 09:10:37 PM »

*soft music plays*

Spkr: Irresponsibility

Spkr: Costs you money

*Money flying out of windows*

Spkr: Akno21 proposed raising taxes by 150 billion dollars.

*Paycheck disappears*

Spkr: Without pausing to read the fine print.

*Idiot hits himself on the head*

Spkr: Turns out...

Spkr: The program didn't cost anywhere near that much.

*Idiot hits himself again*

Spkr: Akno wanted to raise your taxes...

Spkr: Without ANY good reason.

*Idiot hits himself with a bat*

Spkr: Don't Let him try to again

Spkr: Vote Bono for District Two

Spkr: HE won't do that to you.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 09:13:31 PM »

Is this a new ad, or a replacement for the old one?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 09:15:17 PM »

Part of a series bringing up Akno's record of trying to raise taxes and then when he can't, shoving through billions in spending without doing anything to pay for it.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 09:16:18 PM »

Joe you don't need to put out an article every time some little event happens. Publishing articles about every ad and every small speech and every even in Atlasia would be like the USA Today publishing a story on every fire in America that day. My advice, report on the big stuff not the small stuff and editorialize every once and a while.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 09:16:55 PM »

Joe you don't need to put out an article every time some little event happens. Publishing articles about every ad and every small speech and every even in Atlasia would be like the USA Today publishing a story on every fire in America that day. My advice, report on the big stuff not the small stuff and editorialize every once and a while.

But report my adds. It makes me feel special Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 09:35:45 PM »

Colin, for the time being at least, I'm interested and enthusiastic about fantasy politics, and I want to report on things that I think are interesting.  If that means updating every day, so be it.  If it means nobody reads my updates, so be it; I'm doing what I enjoy.

Second, I'm running a TV station.  I know its not really that, its a website, but I like the idea of running campaign ads, just like the real networks.

I appreciate the advice because I respect you and your newspaper.  But please let me carry on with what I'm doing for now.  When I eventually start to lose interest, then perhaps I'll take your view.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 09:40:02 PM »

Colin, for the time being at least, I'm interested and enthusiastic about fantasy politics, and I want to report on things that I think are interesting.  If that means updating every day, so be it.  If it means nobody reads my updates, so be it; I'm doing what I enjoy.

Second, I'm running a TV station.  I know its not really that, its a website, but I like the idea of running campaign ads, just like the real networks.

I appreciate the advice because I respect you and your newspaper.  But please let me carry on with what I'm doing for now.  When I eventually start to lose interest, then perhaps I'll take your view.

Well sure. But take my advice and do editorials,  or have pundits on your "TV" network, it adds another demension to the news.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies