UT-04: Global Strategy Group (D): Matheson up 18
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:41:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 House Election Polls
  UT-04: Global Strategy Group (D): Matheson up 18
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UT-04: Global Strategy Group (D): Matheson up 18  (Read 778 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 31, 2012, 02:55:22 PM »

This was done for the House Majority PAC.

Matheson (D)- 51%
Love (R)- 33%

400 LV, 4.9% MoE
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 04:51:52 PM »

I sincerely believe this will be a close race on election day. I'd rather Republicans spend money elsewhere, since Matheson is one of the better Democrats, but I expect the GOP to unload a lot of money in this race.
Svensson
NVTownsend

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 11:57:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, I bet he is.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 10:37:04 AM »

Yeah, I bet he is.

He's only barely so. Personally, I'm going to waste my Congressional vote on the Justice Party this year, because I despise Matheson and don't think he deserves another term. Let the Utah Democrats wait 2 years and come up with an actually moderate Democrat, not a Republican-with-a-D. It's pretty clear that Mia Love, like most of the other inexperienced Tea Partiers, will mess up massively if elected, so I have hope of reclaiming a congressional seat in 2014.

Side anecdote; I work at Deseret Industries (basically an LDS Church-controlled second-hand store), and a customer came in wearing a Mia Love t-shirt. I only barely resisted the urge to talk politics to him, and only because I was working and I'd probably be fired if I did talk politics.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:45:55 PM »

Yeah, I bet he is.

He's only barely so. Personally, I'm going to waste my Congressional vote on the Justice Party this year, because I despise Matheson and don't think he deserves another term. Let the Utah Democrats wait 2 years and come up with an actually moderate Democrat, not a Republican-with-a-D. It's pretty clear that Mia Love, like most of the other inexperienced Tea Partiers, will mess up massively if elected, so I have hope of reclaiming a congressional seat in 2014.

Side anecdote; I work at Deseret Industries (basically an LDS Church-controlled second-hand store), and a customer came in wearing a Mia Love t-shirt. I only barely resisted the urge to talk politics to him, and only because I was working and I'd probably be fired if I did talk politics.

Two questions:

1) How old are you?
2) Are you a mormon?

If the answer to the 1st question is +28 and you are a mormon, then YOU should try and run for something there in Utah. Think about it, seriously.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2012, 06:45:18 PM by PioneerProgress »

Yeah, I bet he is.

Two questions:

1) How old are you?
2) Are you a mormon?

If the answer to the 1st question is +28 and you are a mormon, then YOU should try and run for something there in Utah. Think about it, seriously.

1) I'm 18 and just started my first job; way to young to run for absolutely anything.
2) Yes, I'm a Mormon.
3) I've got Asperger's Syndrome (high-functioning autism), so while I'm able to function in society, talking in front of crowds comfortably and effectively is beyond me. I'm not fit to be a politician.
4) In Utah? With how leftist I am? I'm closer to the Green Party in ideology than I am to most Democrats, especially the Utah Dems. I mean, just look at how I'm not willing to vote for Matheson; most Utah Dems see him as a necessary evil. I don't. I won't shed tears if he's re-elected, but neither will I be sad if he isn't.
5) Family baggage.

Once I go on my LDS mission, finish school, and get a steady non-minimum wage job however, I could think about it.

But enough about me, Matheson is the topic here; it's interesting how he's still getting very good numbers in a new district, when most of the people don't personally know him as the 2nd District folks did. There may be a few more Democrats in the 4th than in the 2nd (which is why Matheson switched), but there can't be nearly enough to give him such good numbers. He seems to have excellent name ID and a very beneficial "image" in most of the state.

EDIT: Oh, also, I have a bit of a temper, but I could rein that in.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »

I just have to ask; is Love's race pulling her down some?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »

I just have to ask; is Love's race pulling her down some?

Enough that she's soliciting everybody she can for money.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies