Whig Party Convention, Bird-in-Hand, PA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:22:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party Convention, Bird-in-Hand, PA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Whig Party Convention, Bird-in-Hand, PA  (Read 19796 times)
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »

Wow. So it seems our endorsement voting was just completely taken over with this tripe.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2012, 01:56:19 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 02:01:46 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

It would seem so, but I do appreciate Snowstalker's sentiment. If the polls are any indication, we're looking at an extremely Liberal senate. The only two candidates I'm most invested in supporting are myself and clarence. So if we do make a trade-off for top five preferences with some other party, it could be to the Whig Party's benefit... (as much as I hate to say it).

I'll have to give it some thought. I'm very torn. I just want what's best for our party and the country.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2012, 05:05:42 PM »

Non-Whig Endorsement Ballot. 48 Hours. Aye, Nay or Abstain

Franzl AYE

NVTownsend AYE

BaconKing AYE

Seatown NAY

Snowstalker AYE

Marokai Blue NAY

Xahar NAY

Hashemite NAY

AndrewTX AYE

SJoyceFla AYE
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2012, 05:13:49 PM »

With regards to the issue raised by Snowstalker...

I believe in voting for candidates by his or her merit, not by his or her party. Snowstalker, you will definitely be on my preference list because I believe you merit election to Senate- but I will not place some one such as Seatown who has been very hostile and unparliamentary in the Senate over some one such as Franzl or Bacon King- who would be pleasures to serve with- due to partisan dealmaking. I understand your concerns about the Labor Party's identity and echo ZuWo's comments in that regard, and I believe the Lbor Party has shining members such as you and Redalgo. However, I do not believe an official deal along these lines is the way to go for this election with this slate of candidates....
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2012, 05:29:55 PM »

I understand the concerns of the Whig leaders and will be happy to cooperate in the future.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2012, 05:11:39 PM »

What are our party's thoughts about a non-binding election pact with the Labor group? I, personally, think we should give, say, our 3rd of 4th preferences to a Labor candidate if they agree to do the same.

I say this as polls seem to show the Liberals winning a God-awful lot of At-Large seats.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »

Well, I've already decide on my top 5 & no Labor Party members are in there, although I would be open to giving Snowstalker 6th preference.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2012, 05:32:19 PM »

What are our party's thoughts about a non-binding election pact with the Labor group? I, personally, think we should give, say, our 3rd of 4th preferences to a Labor candidate if they agree to do the same.

I say this as polls seem to show the Liberals winning a God-awful lot of At-Large seats.

Hey, I'm planning on preferencing Clarence and probably Hagrid, and I'm a whole lot closer to the Whigs than Labor is...
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »

Hey, I'm planning on preferencing Clarence and probably Hagrid, and I'm a whole lot closer to the Whigs than Labor is...

I was just putting the idea out there, especially since Snowstalker already came to us the other day suggesting some form of pact/deal.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »

So, I've thought about it, and my very candid thoughts are this: clarence will have enough support from Liberal and Whig voters to be elected without this pact. If we do enter into this pact, any Labour members who follow through (and that's assuming some will) will probably be more inclined to support clarence, who will likely win without the pact. Only problem is, the pact could actually upset the Liberals enough for them to direct support away clarence. We don't want that.

So is the trade-off worth it, considering we are probably ideologically closer to folks like Townsend? I'm beginning to think it might not be.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2012, 08:04:15 PM »

The polls show Liberal candidates running well among top five preferences. This is, quite clearly, a meaningless statistic. Most voters' third and fourth preferences won't even make much a difference. It's also not very difficult to see why this is the case. The Liberal slate has a reputation for being serious and reasonable people, and ideologically we fit between the other two large parties, the Labor Party and the Whig Party. It is therefore safe to assume that the polls you are looking at do not necessarily reflect what the actual election results will be.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »

Is the non-whig endorsement voting closed? Its been 48 hours
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2012, 08:18:19 PM »

Is the non-whig endorsement voting closed? Its been 48 hours

Yes it has. Out of eight voters, it seems the Party has endorsed:

NVTownsend.
SJoyceFla.
AndrewTX.

Correct me if I'm wrong of course, I'm awfully tired. Tongue
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2012, 08:48:32 PM »

FTR:

Non-Whig Endorsement Ballot. 48 Hours. Aye, Nay or Abstain

Franzl AYE

NVTownsend AYE

BaconKing AYE

Seatown NAY

Snowstalker AYE

Marokai Blue ABSTAIN

Xahar ABSTAIN

Hashemite AYE

AndrewTX AYE

SJoyceFla AYE
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2012, 03:07:52 PM »

The polls show Liberal candidates running well among top five preferences. This is, quite clearly, a meaningless statistic. Most voters' third and fourth preferences won't even make much a difference. It's also not very difficult to see why this is the case. The Liberal slate has a reputation for being serious and reasonable people, and ideologically we fit between the other two large parties, the Labor Party and the Whig Party. It is therefore safe to assume that the polls you are looking at do not necessarily reflect what the actual election results will be.

Ah, well, thats good then. Wink
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »

We could approach the Liberals about endorsing Clarence as their own candidate, if that's what you're suggesting, but realize that the final decision is up to them.
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2012, 10:28:17 AM »

Our party should lay out some policy red-lines.

I believe it should be Whig Party policy to oppose the so called "Equal Rights Amendment" going through the Senate right now. I, for one, would also like to commend Senators Clarence and TJ for doing a bang up (aka good) job in the Senate fighting this 'politically correct' nonsense.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »

I believe it should be Whig Party policy to oppose the so called "Equal Rights Amendment" going through the Senate right now. I, for one, would also like to commend Senators Clarence and TJ for doing a bang up (aka good) job in the Senate fighting this 'politically correct' nonsense.
Agreed.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2012, 12:12:10 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree. The "Equal Rights Amendment" is completely unnecessary as it merely tries to tackle problems that don't even exist and opens the possibility to many legal uncertainties as has been pointed out by our Senators TJ and Clarence. We should not water down our constitution by adopting meaningless clauses since this only devalues our constitution.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »

Additionally, we should consider adding a plank to our platform which says that we are supportive of regional rights and as much independence of the regions from the federal government as possible.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »

Additionally, we should consider adding a plank to our platform which says that we are supportive of regional rights and as much independence of the regions from the federal government as possible.

How far does "as much as possible" go? Surely you're not thinking of making the regions completely independent?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2012, 01:36:29 PM »

How far does "as much as possible" go? Surely you're not thinking of making the regions completely independent?

No, that's not my intention. What I mean is that no new laws should be passed and no actions taken by the federal government that restrict our regions in any way. Rather, we should seek to find new ways to grant the regions more rights - but still within the federal state of Atlasia.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2012, 03:19:51 PM »

No, that's not my intention. What I mean is that no new laws should be passed and no actions taken by the federal government that restrict our regions in any way. Rather, we should seek to find new ways to grant the regions more rights - but still within the federal state of Atlasia.

I agree. I plan to work on this issue as much as I can if I'm elected to the senate.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2012, 04:37:15 PM »

I agree. I plan to work on this issue as much as I can if I'm elected to the senate.

As shall I. Good to see the Whigs wholeheartedly endorsing our regions.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2012, 12:08:42 AM »

I ask the whigs to vote give labor candidates preference over liberals.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies