State of the Forum Address
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:48:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  State of the Forum Address
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State of the Forum Address  (Read 1082 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 21, 2005, 10:17:52 PM »
« edited: January 21, 2005, 10:25:15 PM by President PBrunsel »

#Good evening to all Senators, officials, and honored guests. This is my third State of the Forum Address and I will now lay forth my policies for my last weeks in office. These policies, though not numerous, are simple and easy to understand  so that I may get my message across to all in a simple manner. I am no high faulting guy and I prefer to keep things simple, and this is a main goal I will strive for in my last weeks as your President.

Of greatest importance is China. My administration’s policies toward that Communist nation have greatly weakened China’s resolve. Their embargo against us has  ruined their economy and upheaval is forming among the common people of China. During my visit to China last week, Chinese officials have agreed to end their embargo on all Atlasian products as long as we promise on embargoes on Chinese goods. I will support tariffs on Chinese goods still, but I will favor no embargoes. I have invited the Chinese Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing to Nyman, D.C. tomorrow. There we  will hammer out the final details to keep peace between Atlasia and China. I have been re-invited to China as well, and will return February 2, 2005. During my trip in China I was in front of the portrait of Mao in Tiananmen Square. I looked at this over bearing portrait of a Communist leader, but then I looked down and saw a little flower growing from the pavement. Like that flower, Democracy can grow from the cold and concrete like grasp of Maoism. I will say this again, as I have said it in all my State of the Forum Addresses before, I will say it to liberals, conservatives, isolationists, and internationalists alike. We can not stray from this glorious ideal: China shall and will be free.

The Constitutional Crisis is not the fault of any one person. It was not started by any one man, but it will be finished by a united country. We need to get going. To all you delegates, stop motioning and get working. I don’t want to sound mean or bossy, but you must act. The champagne and oysters on Capitol Hill must be stopped.  Correct what needs to be corrected in our Constitution so that we may have a functional federal government. We must get to work or stop all together. We must get busy and get going or we will never complete the objectives we have put forward for ourselves.

The ongoing strike in Southern Illinois and now Western Kentucky are indeed troubling. Labor is restless and they have a right to be. I am not the biggest supporter of Unions, but I am a supporter of the right to strike. As long as the Strike is peaceful , than there is nothing I can lawfully do to stop it. Our First Amendment is the right to assemble among other things, and I say that I am supporting that right. I will try to mediate a solution to these strikes so that labor and management meet a fair deal. I am sympathetic to the plight of the common man, make no mistake of that. I shall see that these workers keep their jobs, but that management may get a fair peace.

It has been said by a few in government that I seek war with China. Nothing could be farther from the truth. While I was meeting with Foreign Minister Zhaoxing last Saturday we agreed that a Chinese-Atlasian War can never be fought for the only way it could be won is through nuclear war. I cringe at what a nuclear war would do to this nation I love. I will say this clear so all can hear it, including the distinguished Senators and the Chief Justice, I will NEVER go to war against China. I will NEVER instigate or approve of a nuclear strike against China or any other nation. You can clear those fears from you minds. I despise war. I loathe war. I will never lead Atlasia into a war. I do not want to be your War Time President, I want to be your Peace Time President.

The complexities of the office I hold can only[/i] be understood by those who have held the office, and no one else. All those who have held this office know of the sacrifices that must be made to coexist with the Senate and compromise for the greater good. The great American ideals of freedom, family, God, and country can never be compromised however. If my administration is to be remembered for anything when it is over, I hope it is looked back as a time when the truth mattered., When yes meant yes, and no meant no. When honesty was the top priority and love of freedom, family, God, and country was cherished and held dear. A time when Star Spangled optimism had a divine purpose.

God Bless You All and may God Bless Atlasia
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 10:22:33 PM »

Excellent speech, Mr. President. Excellent speech.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 10:23:46 PM »

Dumped on by so many and still doing your job.
you da man y0
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 10:37:11 PM »

Excellent speech PB, your final should be around the week of February 21st according to my inauguration calendar. Wink
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 10:38:07 PM »

Very good speech PB though I'd leave your options open regarding the nuclear strikes Wink
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 07:58:54 AM »

Excellent Speech Mr. President, though ditto what jake said.  Gotta nuke someone Smiley
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 08:32:35 AM »

Paragraphs 4 and 5 were very good, supporting the strikers and saying you wouldn't go to war.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 11:11:53 AM »

This was a very good speech. But I must say though, as a delegate, we aren't having oysters and champaigne at the Capital. We are getting things done. While to the non-delegate it looks like we are doing nothing we are doing something very important. We must elect leaders of this Convention before we get on to the other matters at hand. Who would call votes? Who would open and close discussion and promote resolutions and ideas in the Convention? Who would archive all this crap? We have to elect people to do just those things. While it may seem like a waste of time to you, Mr. President, it must be done for the Convention to go forward.

Anyway, *applause*
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies