Would a Condi pick help or hurt Romney's electoral chances?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:44:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Would a Condi pick help or hurt Romney's electoral chances?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Regardless of who you're supporting...
Help

Hurt

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 59

Author Topic: Would a Condi pick help or hurt Romney's electoral chances?  (Read 6839 times)
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »

Btw, what happened to the guy (I forget his name) who called me "chicken-brained" for saying that the Tea Party is not a social conservative organization?  Did he take my advice to put up or shut up?
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2012, 03:09:21 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2012, 07:38:39 PM by WhyteRain »

If liberals compared Rice to Palin, well, it would be really insulting to Rice.

Palin is the most accomplished female politician of her age in American history and the most powerful figure in the country nowadays in terms of endorsements.  And she did it all without a rich daddy or hubby.

What's Rice done?

Look people, it's obvious that you all bought into the MSM narrative that "Palin is a fool and a fraud".  She's not and you're stupid for thinking so.  But I know you feel that way (without any evidence), so you don't need to keep barking like MSM-trained seals about it.

I've offered on several occasions to take this bet, but no one of you has taken me up on it yet:

I'll list something really idiotic that Obama has said, then you do the same for Palin.  And we'll see who runs out of material first.

If you don't want to take the bet, I understand, but then stop irritating me and embarrassing yourselves with your unreality-based hatred of Palin.
We're not talking about Obama and Palin. We're talking about Rice and Palin. Rice is not a political icon - she's an intellectual - a foreign polic expert.

Don't half-step now.  You said "it would be insulting to Rice" to be compared with Palin.  Then you ran into someone who pushes back against the trademarked "Watch me sneer at Sarah Palin so you'll think I'm smart and you'll like me" routine.  Now feel free to make your case using, you know, like facts and reasonable inferences from the evidence why Condi Rice "would be insulted" to be compared with Palin.

[modify:]  I've got to go for awhile, probably several hours at least.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »

Give us all your evidence that the Tea Party is a social conservative organization.  You can have help from your friends.

Link:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »

Palin is the most accomplished female politician of her age in American history and the most powerful figure in the country nowadays in terms of endorsements.  And she did it all without a rich daddy or hubby.

What's Rice done?

Look people, it's obvious that you all bought into the MSM narrative that "Palin is a fool and a fraud".  She's not and you're stupid for thinking so.  But I know you feel that way (without any evidence), so you don't need to keep barking like MSM-trained seals about it.

I've offered on several occasions to take this bet, but no one of you has taken me up on it yet:

I'll list something really idiotic that Obama has said, then you do the same for Palin.  And we'll see who runs out of material first.

If you don't want to take the bet, I understand, but then stop irritating me and embarrassing yourselves with your unreality-based hatred of Palin.
We're not talking about Obama and Palin. We're talking about Rice and Palin. Rice is not a political icon - she's an intellectual - a foreign polic expert.

Don't half-step now.  You said "it would be insulting to Rice" to be compared with Palin.  Then you ran into someone who pushes back against the trademarked "Watch me sneer at Sarah Palin so you'll think I'm smart and you'll like me" routine.  Now feel free to your case using, you know, like facts and reasonable inferences from the evidence why Condi Rice "would be insulted" to be compared with Palin.

[modify:]  I've got to go for awhile, probably several hours at least.

Sarah Palin went into an interview unprepared when she knew full-well that she would be under more scrutiny than any politician ever. A little unfair? Sure. But it wasn't the media who sank her as a candidate. Citing the fact that you can see Russian land from your state is not a foreign policy credential. Using one run-on sentence to describe nothing is not a well-versed candidate.

I love Sarah Palin as a person, I think she was a solid VP choice, and I think she is good for political discourse in America. But I do not and will never blame anyone else for the VP campaign that imploded in front of her eyes.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2012, 09:44:58 AM »

I am not sure Condi has adequate knowledge of domestic issues.
Chaddyr23
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.19, S: -5.83

P P
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »

Palin is the most accomplished female politician of her age in American history and the most powerful figure in the country nowadays in terms of endorsements.  And she did it all without a rich daddy or hubby.

What's Rice done?

Look people, it's obvious that you all bought into the MSM narrative that "Palin is a fool and a fraud".  She's not and you're stupid for thinking so.  But I know you feel that way (without any evidence), so you don't need to keep barking like MSM-trained seals about it.

I'll list something really idiotic that Obama has said, then you do the same for Palin.  And we'll see who runs out of material first.

All I have to ask is are you a crackhead!? I've never heard such a more delusional statement in my life. Palin is the most accomplished female politican of our time!?!!!
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2012, 10:36:59 AM »
« Edited: July 14, 2012, 10:40:30 AM by WhyteRain »

Give us all your evidence that the Tea Party is a social conservative organization.  You can have help from your friends.

Link:

What you've found is that there are some social conservatives in the Tea Party -- not that the Tea Party is a social conservative organization.

And your link fails to compare the Tea Party respondents to Americans generally.  So I found one that does:

So the Tea Party has 44% "born-again Christians" compared with 34% of all Americans.  

But even if it was 94%, that's still not enough to make the Tea Party a "social conservative organization".  Even The New York Times "gets it" (or at least got it once):

Even the Washington Post gets it (or did):

That's right:  A few weeks ago Pres. Obama announced his support for state sovereignty on the issue of gay marriage -- meaning that he has come around to the the Tea Party position on gay marriage!  

Now are you going to call the Obama administration a "social conservative organization", too?  I wouldn't be surprised.

We in the Tea Party know what the forces of hate in America are trying to do:  Make false claims about Tea Party positions on social issues to convince other Americans not to listen to the Tea Party on the issue that is most central to it:  Limited federal government.

I submit that when even ... let's say non-conservative outlets like the Times and the Post acknowledge that the Tea Party is not a social conservative organization, it takes a special kind of malevolence (or to be generous, ignorance) to claim that it is.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2012, 10:40:13 AM »

Btw, what happened to the guy (I forget his name) who called me "chicken-brained" for saying that the Tea Party is not a social conservative organization?  Did he take my advice to put up or shut up?

I see memory is not your strong suit. I would never insult any normal chicken by comparing then with you. So, for your information, I said your reasoning is slightly better than reasoning of a brain-damaged chicken. I think you should take it as a compliment, because to compare your reasoning with a brain-damaged cow would be unfair to such cow.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2012, 10:45:00 AM »

I see memory is not your strong suit. I would never insult any normal chicken by comparing then with you. So, for your information, I said your reasoning is slightly better than reasoning of a brain-damaged chicken. I think you should take it as a compliment, because to compare your reasoning with a brain-damaged cow would be unfair to such cow.

If all you can do is insult, I'm going to recommend that you be banned. 

But not now; I need to go pick up my daughter from piano lessons.  You have some time to consider your course.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2012, 11:44:33 AM »

If all you can do is insult, I'm going to recommend that you be banned. 

But not now; I need to go pick up my daughter from piano lessons.  You have some time to consider your course.

Very good. Your daughter will definitively receive better education outside than from you.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »

Palin is the most accomplished female politician of her age in American history and the most powerful figure in the country nowadays in terms of endorsements.  And she did it all without a rich daddy or hubby.

What's Rice done?

Look people, it's obvious that you all bought into the MSM narrative that "Palin is a fool and a fraud".  She's not and you're stupid for thinking so.  But I know you feel that way (without any evidence), so you don't need to keep barking like MSM-trained seals about it.

I'll list something really idiotic that Obama has said, then you do the same for Palin.  And we'll see who runs out of material first.

All I have to ask is are you a crackhead!? I've never heard such a more delusional statement in my life. Palin is the most accomplished female politican of our time!?!!!

I don't think you quoted me correctly ... Let's see ...

"Palin is the most accomplished female politician of her age in American history"

So, you needed to add "of her age" and change "of our time" to "in American history".

Feel free to try to prove it wrong or feel free to remain silent and provide evidence that you're incapable of doing so.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »

Apparently Palin "forget" (that is, probably never knew) that the Vice President is President of the U.S. Senate.

You seem to have forgotten more than Palin.  She was hatetacked by the MSM four years ago for saying that very thing.

See the 4.370,000 hit pack attack here:  http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=palin+the+vice-president+is+in+charge+of+the+Senate

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2012, 03:02:47 PM »

Remind me WTH Sarah Palin has to do with Condi Rice?
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2012, 03:04:58 PM »

Palin would say a squirrel is a great candidate if it was running against Obama.

So you mean Romney's not a squirrel?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=palin+has+not+endorsed+romney

Is there anyone at this forum who can say something about Palin that is not nonsense?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2012, 03:08:49 PM »

Because the experience and credentials of a Secretary of State and national security adviser would add nothing to the foreign policy gaps in Mitt Romney's own resumé, especially when compared to a half term governor of a podunk state, whose foreign policy credentials can be summed up by: "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border."
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »

Someone on the first page said:

That was the first mention.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2012, 04:12:45 PM »

Give us all your evidence that the Tea Party is a social conservative organization.  You can have help from your friends.

Link:

What you've found is that there are some social conservatives in the Tea Party -- not that the Tea Party is a social conservative organization.

The Tea Party isn't an "organization"; it's a movement composed of disparate groups, many of which either explicitly self-identify as religiously conservative or are sympathetic to the goals of religious conservatives. Your definition is not true, therefore your question does not make sense.

4 in 5 Tea Partiers opposing government-sanctioned gay marriage is ample evidence that they tend to be more oriented toward traditional religious values than most Americans.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2012, 04:31:16 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2012, 04:36:24 PM by WhyteRain »

Give us all your evidence that the Tea Party is a social conservative organization.  You can have help from your friends.

Link:

The Tea Party isn't an "organization"; it's a movement composed of disparate groups, many of which either explicitly self-identify as religiously conservative or are sympathetic to the goals of religious conservatives. Your definition is not true, therefore your question does not make sense.

I haven't seen such squirming since Tina Turner retired.

Since no one involved in the argument over whether the Tea Party was "a social conservative organization" tried to claim "it's not an organization", it's far to late to raise the question now.

Anyway, as I've shown, the NYT and WP were able to find enough "organization" in the Tea Party that both publications felt comfortable saying it takes no positions on social issues.  Game, set, match.  Just remember it in the future and let's move on.

In case you hadn't noticed, same-sex marriage loses EVERY election.  Therefore even if 4 of 5 Tea Partyers (including moi) oppose government-sanctioned same-sex marriage, that puts them WITH THE MAJORITY of Americans.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »

Modest help.

It adds some foreign policy expertize, might slightly appeal to women, and would help with voters (not necessarily black) that don't want vote for Obama, but do not want to seem racist.  She's also hot.  It is not going to be a big boost, and there are probably better choices, but it doesn't hurt.

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2012, 05:59:08 PM »

Link:

I haven't seen such squirming since Tina Turner retired.

Since no one involved in the argument over whether the Tea Party was "a social conservative organization" tried to claim "it's not an organization", it's far to late to raise the question now.

Anyway, as I've shown, the NYT and WP were able to find enough "organization" in the Tea Party that both publications felt comfortable saying it takes no positions on social issues.  Game, set, match.  Just remember it in the future and let's move on.

In case you hadn't noticed, same-sex marriage loses EVERY election.  Therefore even if 4 of 5 Tea Partyers (including moi) oppose government-sanctioned same-sex marriage, that puts them WITH THE MAJORITY of Americans.

Because, of course, the fact that less than 80% of Americans oppose gay marriage means nothing. Blacks voting 95% for a Democrat for President in 2008 did not make them more oriented towards the Democratic Party; it put them WITH THE MAJORITY of Americans.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2012, 06:26:15 PM »

Thread has been derailed from its original topic, and is basically degenerating into name calling about other things.

Locking.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies