Will Romney win more racists than McCain?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:10:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Romney win more racists than McCain?  (Read 8132 times)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »

Obama is Black.
MCain is White.
Racists voted McCain.
(Well, several other racist against whites voted Obama, but that's not the point)
Romney is White.
Romney is Mormon.
Mormonism has a history of racism.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:35:45 PM »

Racism goes both ways. Black people are racist, too.
timothyinMD

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »

I've never used the T word, but you're a troll.  This is pathetic
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 09:11:58 PM »

White people and black people can be racist regardless who they vote for.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:13:22 PM »

Everyone is a little bit racist.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »

To the OP

Your question is offensive and in and of itself racist.

Romney's white, oh my, he's white, Obama's black, oh my, he's black.

Do you have any other spectacular ground greaking announcements to share with us?

Romney is a Mormon.  On my goodness.  Perhaps it's time America broke down this barrier and elected a Mormon President.     
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 10:10:47 PM »

To the OP, probably not.  This election Constitution Party nominee, Goode, is campaigning much harder for the votes of xenophobes than Baldwin did in 2008.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 11:03:53 PM »

To the OP, probably not.  This election Constitution Party nominee, Goode, is campaigning much harder for the votes of xenophobes than Baldwin did in 2008.

I can't be bothered to be offended by the OP's idiotic misrepresentation of modern Mormonism, so basically this.
WhyteRain
Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -2.78

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »

I see that many people in this thread have bought into the idea that "black people are just like white people, only their skin is a different color".  I addressed this at more length a few minutes ago on another thread, but, no, they're not.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 09:30:00 AM »

Virtually every black voter over age 25 has voted for a white presidential candidate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 09:53:52 AM »

Virtually every black voter over age 25 has voted for a white presidential candidate.

Wouldn't you be the type of person that would fall over laughing at a white person (usually a Republican) saying, "I'm not racist! I voted for a black candidate!"
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2012, 09:59:41 AM by brittain33 »

Wouldn't you be the type of person that would fall over laughing at a white person (usually a Republican) saying, "I'm not racist! I voted for a black candidate!"

I don't know what "type of person" I am, but I should elaborate, because my post above responds to a different point and you're right to call out what it looked like I was saying. Of course any person can be racist and voting for a candidate doesn't prove or disprove racism. What I had in mind is the claim some ignorant people make that black people who vote for Obama because his being black is part of his appeal is equivalent to white people who refuse to vote for Obama because he's black.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 10:49:17 AM »

"I know there’s a lot to like about Mitt Romney; I’m just not sure this country’s ready for a white president."

Seen on another forum.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 12:03:53 PM »

I think racists are anti political.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »

A Democratic white presidential candidate.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 09:34:47 PM »

A Democratic white presidential candidate.

Solidarity, my friend.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 06:56:08 PM »

So how did Romney do with racists??
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »

Probably well? I doubt there were any exit polls that said:

"Did you vote for Mitt Romney? (R)

If yes, are you racist?

If anyone finds a poll like that, please share it with me, I would love to see it.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 11:40:17 PM »

Obama won the racist white haters. Racism goes both ways and not just the way Democrats want us to think it goes.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 04:44:20 AM »

Going on the wonderfully fun issue of race *sarcastic*

There is racism towards white people, black people, hispanic people, and asian people.

There are times where white people get the worst of it, there are times when asian people get the worst of it, there are times when black people get the worst of it, and there are times when hispanic people get the worst of it.

But, racism towards white people isn't as nearly as bad as racism towards people who are of hispanic and african descent. Whether it is through generations of slavery in the United States, to anonymous messages online saying "Shut up goddamn ni**er.", those who have darker skin have more problems.

Usually racism towards white people is in one time instances, while racism towards PoC is ongoing throughout their lives, whether it is an asian woman who locks their car doors only when a hispanic man is near, or a white man who will not hire a black man because he thinks the man will be a criminal, but cites that the man is not qualified even though the black man has a PhD in his field of study, when someone calls a person visiting the United States from Mexico, who cannot speak English 'a wetback who needs to speak American' while criticizing those who do not speak English, but other languages.

So, in short, there is racism from and towards people of every color, but people who have darker shades of skin bear the blunt of the racism.

What's really irritating though? When people say that "There is no more racism." "We have a black President now."

Because
1. Racism is still here, and it will not go away, as human beings always try to distinguish themselves from others, and people also blame those of other cultures, colors, religions, for everything wrong in the world (people blaming all people from the Arab region for 9/11 and calling muslims terrorists).
2. Just because we elected a man who is black also doesn't mean racism is over.

Obama won the racist white haters. Racism goes both ways and not just the way Democrats want us to think it goes.

Obama did win the people racist towards white people, just as Romney won people racist towards black people. But neither of those groups acknowledge it, because they know being racist is bad, but they don't realize that they are racist.

Another thing to look at, 40% of white people have no friends who are not white, and only 20% have more than five friends who do not have a very light skin tone (white). Now in places like Iowa, there is a reason, because 99% of people there are white, but in places like Florida, where only 55% of people are white, you have to wonder, why is this happening?

http://demographics.coopercenter.org/DotMap/index.html

This is the racial dot map, it shows us a different colored dot for each person of each race, white, black, hispanic, asian, and other.

When you look nationally it looks like a bunch of colors, relatively close by, but going into the cities and the neighborhoods, you can see that segregation is still there.

It is not nearly as bad as the South in the 1950's, but it is incredible that we are so segregated, that we, as humans, need to live in a group that looks somewhat similar to us.

When you look at Washington D.C., look at the stark divide between white people on the Western side and black people on the Eastern side.

It could also mean that people are also afraid of being the only person that looks like them in their neighborhood, and we as a country are still afraid of diversity.

There is racism, there will always be racism, and we are not going to be able to fix 400 years of  oppression to groups in a week.

But white people who befriend black people, I have seen them gloating about they have blank amount of black friends and therefore not racist.

But the question answered "Yeah! I have a black friend!!" makes it seem as if you found (in video game terms) GTA V in a yard sale for $15, making it seem like they are a rare and foreign object.

An object.

So a question I think we should ask is "Would you be the type of person a black person can befriend?" Because people notice when you do a certain thing when someone of another race comes around. Clutching your bag, moving that little bit away from them, etc. Would you be the person that tries to act black saying "Yo dawg" only to black people? Would you be the person that gloats about how they have friends of different races? Someone who would be that type of person would not care that much about a persons skin color, but notice it is there, someone who acts the same to people of every color, someone who knows that not all people are the same, that people have different cultures and beliefs from place to place.

And there are very few people of any race who fit that description.

Please excuse me if I have any non-continuing parts of this thing, I've not been able to sleep since Monday :/.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 04:38:24 AM »

Of course he did. Can an exact number be provided? No.

Whites are a majority of the voting bloc, and since racism is a fairly universal characteristic that certainly wouldn't be drastically more prevalent in any one race, it can be assumed that a majority of racists who voted were in fact white. If you pick any % as to the number of racists and apply it to Obama-voting non-whites and Romney-voting whites, then your number of racists among whites is roughly 2/3 of the voting racists. In other words: let's lay this whole "the Democrats have as many racist voters" nonsense aside.

There were roughly 131m votes cast in 2008; 127m in 2012. Whites went from 75% of the electorate to 72%. White vote went from 55% to 61% Republican. There were 98,000,000 white voters in 2008; 91,000,000 white voters in 2012. That means Romney won about 1,600,000 more white votes than McCain. There's no way you can enjoy a nominal increase in white voters in an national election in which turnout decreased and not win more racists.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies