ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Mideast Gubernatorial Race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:57:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Mideast Gubernatorial Race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If the eleciton for Mideast Governor were held today, which candidate would receive your first preference?
ZuWo (Whig-KY)

Tmthforu94 (MCPR-IN)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: ScottSurveys/Porcupine Poll: Mideast Gubernatorial Race  (Read 2108 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »
« edited: July 05, 2012, 02:03:41 PM by Senator Scott »

Please only participate in this survey if you are a registered voter in the Mideast.

This poll will run for three days.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »

Tmth.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:24:55 AM »

Tmth
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:29:22 AM »

Didn't we just have a gubernatorial election like a month and a half ago, or am I imagining it?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 12:37:00 AM »

Didn't we just have a gubernatorial election like a month and a half ago, or am I imagining it?

Yes, but it seems the campaign for the next election is already getting started, so I created the poll.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »

You are right, the last gubernatorial election was only around a month and a half ago and this campaign has started unusually early. I expect things to cool down a bit in the next weeks, however. The second half of August and September will be decisive.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 05:43:27 PM »

This poll has one more day.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 12:21:46 AM »

I like both Zuwo and Tmth, but this race could use a left-wing candidate.

I could run.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 12:25:12 AM »

Looking forward to The Porcupine's upcoming feature on the nascent DRAFT NAPOLEON movement in the Mideast.

I dont need drafted; running for Mideast Governor was always in the cards. I needed to use the presidency as a stepping stone. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 02:32:44 AM »

This is actually a very good idea. When two equally conservative candidates battle for the governorship, a good candidate of the left could have an advantage. If someone like HappyWarrior gives it a try, the race will become even more exciting.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 11:52:33 AM »

I'm on the fence at this point.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »

You're right - it'd be similar to the Presidential race, where we had a conservative, moderate, and liberal candidate running (and who could forget Tweed Wink).

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a liberal in our region who would be willing to run, much less have a serious shot at winning, considering the nature of our region.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »

I am leaning toward Tmth.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 02:48:49 PM »

You're right - it'd be similar to the Presidential race, where we had a conservative, moderate, and liberal candidate running (and who could forget Tweed Wink).

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's a liberal in our region who would be willing to run, much less have a serious shot at winning, considering the nature of our region.

Very true.  I think I may be one of the more well known and popular liberals in the region and unless there was a serious conservative vote split I doubt I could win, as shown by the recent poll conducted.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 02:54:14 PM »

Very true.  I think I may be one of the more well known and popular liberals in the region and unless there was a serious conservative vote split I doubt I could win, as shown by the recent poll conducted.

But that's exactly what's happening in this race at the moment. Wink
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »

But the thing is, a lot of our supporters would second preference each other. There'd have to be enough bitterness between our camps that we don't second preference each other, which better not happen. Wink Tongue
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »

ZuWo supporters are being awfully quiet? Tongue Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 07:13:33 PM »

Whig poll spammers just like the Senate race.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »

But the thing is, a lot of our supporters would second preference each other. There'd have to be enough bitterness between our camps that we don't second preference each other, which better not happen. Wink Tongue
I think we should consider moving to WTA for our gubernatorial races to make it more interesting.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 10:30:33 PM »

I think we should consider moving to WTA for our gubernatorial races to make it more interesting.
you mean FPTP?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 04:10:09 AM »

Whig poll spammers just like the Senate race.

Proof?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 07:59:08 AM »

you mean FPTP?
yes, that's what I meant. I guess it's already WTA. Actually, it would be interesting for it to not be WTA - whoever comes in second can be Lt. Gov Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 08:31:02 AM »
« Edited: July 07, 2012, 08:32:52 AM by Mideast Governor ZuWo »

The Mideast Elections Consolidation Statute says the following about the determination of the winner in regional (non-Assembly) elections:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/A.R._2:_The_Mideast_Elections_Consolidation_Statute#Section_1:_Votes_2

So the way I understand this section, in a hypothetical gubernatorial election where we have three candidates (candidate A, candidate B, candidate C), the candidate with the highest number of first preferences, regardless of whether he receives an absolute majority of all votes cast, wins. Thus, if the result was like this:

Candidate A: 7 first preferences
Candidate B: 6 first preferences
Candidate C: 5 first preferences

candidate A would be the winner.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies